PDA

View Full Version : Ban of online ammo sales

dylank0723
05-25-15, 23:33
Anybody heard any info about this? Saw a vid on youtube. I think its being proposed by a democrat from NJ. If it passes apparently if you bought ammo online you would have to show photo ID in person, and if you buy more than 1000 rounds you get put on a watchlist by the atf. Just wanted to know if anyone else has info on this? Here's the video https://youtu.be/S7-NevBw2RY

texasgunhand
05-25-15, 23:57
A lot of places want ID now for age proof. Dont have much info on that part,but i did see the thing about buying so many rounds and them having to report it to the ATF on the news a while back.

With all the data collected now what makes you think they dont know all ready? This is just a way to me to legalize what alreadys being flagged in secret. The average citizen doesnt buy 3000 rounds at a time, most dont fire that many in years or in a lifetime. Its becoming more normal with places like Academy selling in bulk and all the turmoil in the gun industry such as ammo shortages and in the world in general.

FishTaco
05-28-15, 23:01
Whether it's true or not, something like this has a snowballs chance in hell of passing.

m1a_scoutguy
05-28-15, 23:54
Whether it's true or not, something like this has a snowballs chance in hell of passing.

Oh really,,welcome to NY ! :bad: Not totally Banned,,just to Private Citizens,,,we can still have it shipped to a Ammo Dealer/FFL and then pay them for receiving it,,pretty cool eh ! :rolleyes:

jack crab
05-29-15, 09:42
It looks like this is one of the perfunctory bills filed each session. A couple years ago Lautenberg in the Senate and McCarthy in the House filed something similar. They pander to their constituencies. Others pander to theirs.

Typically, bills like this expire. But, the big risks are that they get slipped into other legislation that must be passed (Lautenberg Amendment), or that some headline tragedy compels someone to do something and these bills becomes an attractive demonstration of doing something.

jpmuscle
05-29-15, 12:43
Oh really,,welcome to NY ! :bad: Not totally Banned,,just to Private Citizens,,,we can still have it shipped to a Ammo Dealer/FFL and then pay them for receiving it,,pretty cool eh ! :rolleyes:
That's assuming you find a retailer willing to sell to a FFL in NY in first place. For example from what I've seen sgammo will not.

m1a_scoutguy
05-29-15, 12:49
That's assuming you find a retailer willing to sell to a FFL in NY in first place. For example from what I've seen sgammo will not.

Exactly,,I have a FFL that would except ammo and not even charge me anything,,but yea that's the main trouble most places will NOT ship to NY no matter what !! Mission accomplished ! :mad: At least for now reloading things are no prob. & I reload 99.9% of everything but I guess I shouldn't bring that up cuz someone is watching no doubt ! :ph34r:

ScottsBad
05-29-15, 13:49
The legislature in Commiefornia passed a similar bill, but the Gov. didn't sign it thank god. But they are slowly making ammo impossible to afford with lead bans for ammo used in hunting. It won't be long before a complete lead ban gets signed.

Stopping large bulk purchases will not make us safer. Most crimes are committed with illegal pistols and by guys that buy a box or two of ammo. This is just a stupid law.

FishTaco
05-31-15, 10:24

Well, that's a good point. Was assuming the democrat from NJ was on the U.S. congressional level as opposed to state. Of course, state laws can suck!

WillBrink
05-31-15, 10:29
Anybody heard any info about this? Saw a vid on youtube. I think its being proposed by a democrat from NJ. If it passes apparently if you bought ammo online you would have to show photo ID in person, and if you buy more than 1000 rounds you get put on a watchlist by the atf. Just wanted to know if anyone else has info on this? Here's the video https://youtu.be/S7-NevBw2RY

It's already banned in MA BTW. Not sure about other individual states.

MA, where Liberty started and ended...

Delta_Elite
05-31-15, 19:57
Will, online ammo sales not banned in Mass. Contact Goal http://www.goal.org/index.html for correct info

WillBrink
06-01-15, 06:52
Will, online ammo sales not banned in Mass. Contact Goal http://www.goal.org/index.html for correct info

You're right, my bad. Been a while since I looked. It's effectively banned because no one is willing to ship to MA. The DA sent nasty letters to various companies years ago and they decided to just say screw MA. I don't know if that's changed, but if you know any online sellers willing to ship to MA, let me know. I have not checked in a long time and got tired of getting a "we don't ship to MA" response. My brain must have then defaulted to it being legally banned in MA. Might as well be!

http://www.goal.org/masslawpages/ammoinfo.html

dylank0723
06-01-15, 14:08
So the NJ senator is on state level, no national?

wingspar
06-01-15, 15:45
Anyone who belongs to the NRA got an email about this a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, the email was just asking for money, and I could find no info about this on the NRA site.

Now, if Obuma gets word of this....

Stan_TheGunNut
06-01-15, 23:24
It's unfortunate we couldn't get something attached to Obamacare repealing portions of previous laws, such as those preventing sales of new automatic firearms to the public, or repealing laws associated with classifying/importing ammo or firearms, or limiting the power of the ATF. No telling what kind of pro gun stuff we could have gotten passed into law if we had tried.

et2041
06-07-15, 08:23
No need to rumor ammo sales. I'm sure we'll see "another run for the ammo before it is banned" next year....maybe sooner....

HKGuns
06-07-15, 08:28

Won't even make it out of committee.

Honda4828
06-07-15, 21:07
No need to rumor ammo sales. I'm sure we'll see "another run for the ammo before it is banned" next year....maybe sooner....

Let's hope not.