PDA

View Full Version : Glock 19 Gen 4 "-" connector and NY1 trigger spring?

samuse
05-27-15, 09:49
Is the NY1 trigger spring compatible with the Gen4 trigger?

I have a Gen4 19 I want to convert to an OEM - connector and NY1 spring.

Anyone use this setup and like it?

Magsz
05-27-15, 10:43
Yes, it is compatible.

Unless you absolutely need to experience a pseudo doa trigger pull, this trigger combo is terrible for basically everything. A lot of people like it because they're transitioning from DA/SA guns or DOA guns and the feel of the NY1 connector puts a lot of the pull weight onto the pre travel portion of the trigger pull.

The one nice thing about the NY1 combo is that it does eliminate trigger jerk in a lot of users if they're actually pressing the trigger properly. It is REALLY hard to slap this thing as it needs to be "pressed" in order to make it work. It is definitely not a cure all for a bad trigger press but it can alleviate some issues.

samuse
05-31-15, 15:03
Just as an update...

I tried the - connector and NY1 spring in the Gen 4 19.

That is the most horrible thing I've ever experienced. The pull was about 8lbs with a very springy 2 stage feel. Hard to describe it, but definitely not anything you'd want on a gun.

Gonna stick with my H&Ks for a DA pull...

davidjinks
05-31-15, 16:06
Delete

blackbox
06-01-15, 19:32
My duty glock has a NY1 trigger with a 12lb pull :(

samuse
06-01-15, 21:15
My duty glock has a NY1 trigger with a 12lb pull :(

That sounds like a purple mother to shoot.

I'm surprised the trigger bar can hold up to that amount of force...

Scotter260
06-01-15, 23:18
I have this set-up in my Gen 3 17 and 26 and being a DAO fan it's perfect IMO. Smooth through the stroke and hard and fast on the reset.

I recently put it in a new Gen 4 19 I bought and it's about as terrible as you describe although getting better but I can't believe how markedly different the feel is and also can't believe I've really broken in the other two that much to be so noticeable. The reset is as good as the Gen 3s though.

I'm going to keep harassing it and maybe it will get better.

PD Sgt.
06-02-15, 00:30
I use the NY black spring and "-" connector in a Gen4 G19 and 17 without problem. I tried it in a Gen4 G29 and G23 and it was terrible. The only thing I can say is that with Glocks, there is no guarantee that the same components produce the same results from one to another.

samuse
06-02-15, 06:57
I'm a long time DA/SA shooter and this was NOTHING like a DA pull.

It was best described as a super 'springy' Glock trigger with about an 8-10lb break and unmanageable take-up.

Ron3
06-03-15, 11:51
I know a debt that has this set up. They keep saying it's 8 lbs but no way. 12 lbs is more like it. It's awfull. The grooves on the trigger dig up your finger in about 20-30 pulls. It's super spongy with a hard 12 lb wall. I didn't know a glock trigger could be so bad. Of course the dept won't let officers touch them.

Scotter260
06-03-15, 14:17
Where's best place to get factory "-" connectors?

They're tough to find so if having to find an aftermarket which ones are acceptable?

Firefly
06-03-15, 14:38
I am vexed as to why anyone would put a New York anything in their Glock voluntarily.

It will simply never have a glassy trigger. Standard 5.5 trigger may not be super crisp but it is consistent. It's like an AUG trigger. You just get used to it.

TexasAggie2005
06-03-15, 15:09

They're tough to find so if having to find an aftermarket which ones are acceptable?

Glockmeister has them in stock. (http://www.glockmeister.com/45-Pound-Stock-Connector/productinfo/G721/)

I prefer to use factory parts in my EDC Glock. Personally, I use a NY1 & the "-" connector in my gen3 G19. I really like that setup.

kerplode
06-03-15, 15:11
I'm a long time DA/SA shooter and this was NOTHING like a DA pull.

It was best described as a super 'springy' Glock trigger with about an 8-10lb break and unmanageable take-up.

I read a lot about '-' + NY1 a while back. Tried it in my Gen3 G19 and absolutely hated it. Just like you described...Terrible! I put it back to stock after the first mag. '-' with the coil spring is pretty decent, though.

I've used Glockparts a lot in the past. As of right now, it appears they have the factory '-' connector in stock:
http://glockparts.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=6648