PDA

View Full Version : Anyone care to T&E a 6.5 Robarm XCR?

variablebinary
07-16-08, 22:16
Now that the 7.62x39mm version and conversion is done, Robarm is asking for people to abuse their 6.5 prototype till it breaks. This was posted on their site

http://www.robarm.com/

We are still working on 6.5 conversion kits. We're looking for some Beta testers who plan to shoot a lot of ammo. Contact Allison sales@robarm.com for details

Terra is the main rep over there. terra@robarm.com

Personally, I'd rather a serious, reputable person on this forum take up the challenge rather than some yahoo shooting rocks in his backyard.

mark5pt56
07-16-08, 22:31
They sending ammo with it?

variablebinary
07-16-08, 22:46

No idea to be honest, but Terra did mention something along the lines of a free 6.5 at the end of it all.

Dont know the details though

TOrrock
07-16-08, 22:48

Dude, you're such a man-whore.

Not that I wouldn't help you out with that of course...........:eek:

ToddG
07-17-08, 00:01
Well, if they're willing to provide the ammo I know someone who has a proven track record of testing firearms. :cool:

Think it could go 50,000 rounds in six months? :D

rob_s
07-17-08, 09:38
Interesting.

Robb Jensen
07-17-08, 09:39
Well, if they're willing to provide the ammo I know someone who has a proven track record of testing firearms. :cool:

Think it could go 50,000 rounds in six months? :D

If you gave it to me, it could! :D
But we'll need a BenchLULA.

rob_s
07-17-08, 09:43
From the link:

We are still working on 6.5 conversion kits. We're looking for some Beta testers who plan to shoot a lot of ammo. Contact Allison sales@robarm.com for details.
I take this to mean that you need to already own the rifle and they'll just send you the conversion, and from the wording it sure does appear that they expect you to provide your own ammo.

I'd be willing to buy the ammo to run one through a class, but they'd need to be willing to send me a complete rifle.

Jay Cunningham
07-17-08, 09:44
Taken from their Technical Updates page:

After the XCR is broken in, it perform s almost flawlessly. People who have had their XCRs for some time report shooting thousands of rounds without any failures whatsoever. This is simply not possible with most other rifles.

http://mac.honan.net/uploaded_images/orly-750116.jpg

variablebinary
07-17-08, 10:30
From the link:

I take this to mean that you need to already own the rifle and they'll just send you the conversion, and from the wording it sure does appear that they expect you to provide your own ammo.

I'd be willing to buy the ammo to run one through a class, but they'd need to be willing to send me a complete rifle.

I actually posted this thread with you in mind since you mentioned an interest in T&E'ing an XCR in another thread.

Contact them and see what they say.

SHIVAN
07-17-08, 10:33
When I was attempting to field a 6.5 Grendel AR a couple years back, I couldn't get my hands on decently priced ammo.

If that ammo supply/price issue has changed, I would HAPPILY T&E the rifle for them. In doing so, I have access to gotm5 and Todd_G, who could review it as well.

I have just sent Terra an email.

rob_s
07-17-08, 10:37
When I was attempting to field a 6.5 Grendel AR a couple years back, I couldn't get my hands on decently priced ammo.

If that ammo supply/price issue has changed, I would HAPPILY T&E the rifle for them.

I will contact them now and see....

Wolf is making ammo, and it's $500/k.
http://ammoman.com/webstore_65.htm

rob_s
07-17-08, 10:37
I actually posted this thread with you in mind since you mentioned an interest in T&E'ing an XCR in another thread.

Contact them and see what they say.

I'm not in a position to get any kind of appreciable round count until December at Pat's class. I doubt they want to wait until then.

mark5pt56
07-17-08, 10:39
I have a 16" middy on order from Alexander Arms.

But you know once ADC gets his 5.56 line(PD15) going, who will be customer UNO on a 6.5 from him.
:cool:

HighSpeedDreams
07-17-08, 17:47
I just spoke with Allison.

You purchase all ammo (3,000 rounds in 2-3 months).

They send you the conversion.

You T&E.

You return the tested conversion.

They send you your brand new conversion.

I just can't justify the cost.

rob_s
07-17-08, 18:08
I just spoke with Allison.

You purchase all ammo (3,000 rounds in 2-3 months).

They send you the conversion.

You T&E.

You return the tested conversion.

They send you your brand new conversion.

I just can't justify the cost.

In which case, like I said, you already have to have the gun. So.... $1500+ on the base gun, they send you a conversion kit (how many mags come with that?) plust $1500 in ammo.

What a deal!

HighSpeedDreams
07-17-08, 18:10
Yeah thats exactly what I thought.

She knew it wasn't a great deal when she pitched it.