PDA

View Full Version : Battlecomp Glock 19 slides

Jwknutson17
05-27-15, 18:23
Looks like battle comp is stepping out of the box and getting into the glock game. The front cocking serations and the overall look of the slide looks pretty tacticool. I don't care for the 12 o'clock serations one or the rear sight in the factory location with the RMR in front. Prefer the other way around.. but the standard 19 slide looks ok with that signiture BC look.

http://battlecomp.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=20&products_id=77

Edit: I wonder if they have lost a lot of muzzle device customers because of the horrible performance they give out. Maybe if they could come out with a MD that worked that would be a good place to start instead. Guess they are melonite now, but that's not helping the performance of them.

Hemoglobin
05-27-15, 18:56
It's not the direction I would go, but I like the options. Down the road I'll be doing a couple RMR glock slides.

Cagemonkey
05-27-15, 20:11
I wonder if their going to have modified/improved ejection port dimensions for improved ejection?

themonk
05-27-15, 20:11
Is there a market for these?

IMHO I think they should spend more time keeping existing products in stock and focusing on new products in their wheelhouse.

Jpoe88
05-27-15, 21:09
I'm sure there's good efforts for design and practicality but I mean damn, can we say catered to an "operators" market?

I agree with themonk, what kind of market for these? It's really cool. It's really tactical. Tacticool? That's it, TACTICOOL!

TiroFijo
05-28-15, 07:21
WHY would anyone want one of these???

CRAMBONE
05-28-15, 07:28

I have a LOT more stuff I need/have to spend money on before I start changing out Glock slides. But then other people don't spend my money.

samuse
05-28-15, 08:00
I for one welcome quality aftermarket Glock slides.

Anyone who has ever heard of brass to the face has heard of a reason for a good aftermarket Glock slide.

Glock slides generally work, but there is nothing quality about 'em. I've personally seen several that were cracked.

I really like the PWS slides, but the BCE ones are too ugly for me...

Jwknutson17
05-28-15, 08:09
I think if this slide fixed the BTF issues, they would definitely be on to something.. But I would like to see a battlecomp comp that actually works first. ;)

Lost River
05-28-15, 19:48

I can easily get a 1,000 round case of factory 9mm ball for the price of the slide. I know which way I would roll, but if someone wants to bling out their gun, it's neither my business nor concern.

I am just not a flashy type. To each their own.

dougwg
05-29-15, 08:00
If you want the rear sight in front of the RMR all you need to do is ask.

snakedoctor
05-29-15, 19:01
Doug, how are the slides coming along?

dougwg
06-01-15, 12:12
Most of them will be done this week and should be able to be shipping next week.

snakedoctor
06-01-15, 16:40
Most of them will be done this week and should be able to be shipping next week.

Awesome! Has BattleComp said anything yet about the Glock 17 slides?

Voodoo_Man
06-01-15, 18:04
Having had some experience with the PWS slides before they came on the market, I can tell you that the PWS slide is designed specifically as a "drop in" style to give better reliability and better trigger pull. I do not believe the Battlecomp does that from the description?

dougwg
06-09-15, 17:53
Having had some experience with the PWS slides before they came on the market, I can tell you that the PWS slide is designed specifically as a "drop in" style to give better reliability and better trigger pull. I do not believe the Battlecomp does that from the description?

Having had some experience with the BCE/ATEi slides before they came on the market, I can tell you that the BCE/ATEi slide is designed specifically as a "drop in" style to give better reliability and better trigger pull along with better rear serrations for better grip and better front serration for more positive press checks AND at a lower price point. I do not believe the PWS does that from the description?

dougwg
06-09-15, 17:58
pic's
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g322/dougwg/IMG_20150609_183704841_zpsqijavkgt.jpg
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g322/dougwg/IMG_20150609_183637277_zpsq4jpeqjx.jpg

dougwg
06-09-15, 18:02
Awesome! Has BattleComp said anything yet about the Glock 17 slides?

17's will be coming at a later date.

snakedoctor
06-09-15, 19:48
Have any of the slides started shipping out yet?

Voodoo_Man
06-10-15, 07:29
Having had some experience with the BCE/ATEi slides before they came on the market, I can tell you that the BCE/ATEi slide is designed specifically as a "drop in" style to give better reliability and better trigger pull along with better rear serrations for better grip and better front serration for more positive press checks AND at a lower price point. I do not believe the PWS does that from the description?

The PWS slides were designed around better functionality, including trigger and reliability, in mind. They are not just a replacement slide, hence their price point.

I did not know that about thr atei slide, though all of these are at a pretty high price point in my opinion for what they are.

TiroFijo
06-10-15, 07:41
Better functionality, trigger and reliability? Do they cure cancer too? :D

In all fairness, I guess you could use one as a wood rasp, so they definetly have some new functions.

Voodoo_Man
06-10-15, 08:22
Better functionality, trigger and reliability? Do they cure cancer too? :D

In all fairness, I guess you could use one as a wood rasp, so they definetly have some new functions.

Without getting into the technical aspects of what they did, the trigger press is substantially better than OEM, with no modification to the lower at all. The functionality of the slide (and pistol overall) is solidified through a better (enhanced?) firing pin and modified internals (non-oem).

Full disclosure: I have no affiliation with PWS other than I buy their products and have been given discounts on some of their products for reviewing/testing purposes.

dougwg
06-10-15, 13:18
The PWS slides were designed around better functionality, including trigger and reliability, in mind. They are not just a replacement slide, hence their price point.

I did not know that about thr atei slide, though all of these are at a pretty high price point in my opinion for what they are.

To compare apples to apples:

PWS has better internals for a better trigger (what kind of quality internals are they using?)
Front press check serrations (modeled after the stock Glock serrations which leave a lot to be desired IMHO)
PRICE IS $449.95

BCE/ATEi
Slides are S.S.
Salt Bath Nitride finished
Zev Tech Internals for a lighter more reliable and better functioning firearm.
Far superior rear serrations
Far superior front serrations
PRICE IS $405

The other "high price point" are for adding other options like Top Serrations and/or RMR ect. Does PWS even offer options other then installing some sights?
BTW, we can do that too.

dougwg
06-10-15, 13:25
Have any of the slides started shipping out yet?
Today

matt7184
06-10-15, 13:47
Gen 4 slides in the future?

Voodoo_Man
06-10-15, 14:25
To compare apples to apples:

PWS has better internals for a better trigger (what kind of quality internals are they using?)
Front press check serrations (modeled after the stock Glock serrations which leave a lot to be desired IMHO)
PRICE IS $449.95

BCE/ATEi
Slides are S.S.
Salt Bath Nitride finished
Zev Tech Internals for a lighter more reliable and better functioning firearm.
Far superior rear serrations
Far superior front serrations
PRICE IS $405

The other "high price point" are for adding other options like Top Serrations and/or RMR ect. Does PWS even offer options other then installing some sights?
BTW, we can do that too.

Not lookin to take sides, I go with what works.

Just posting first hand experience with the PWS slide. Ill gladly make those observations of the slide in question if I had one.

snakedoctor
06-26-15, 14:37
https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3890/19187124281_4d72645190_z.jpg

littlejerry
06-27-15, 20:30
I've seen some fairly remarkable claims with absolutely zero details...

When you say improved reliability, specifically what malfunction are you curing and what is the rate of occurance with the aftermarket slide vs OEM?

samuse
06-27-15, 23:23
I've seen some fairly remarkable claims with absolutely zero details...

When you say improved reliability, specifically what malfunction are you curing and what is the rate of occurance with the aftermarket slide vs OEM?

You've never heard of 'brass to the face' and all the subsequent stovepipes? Yup. Caused by out of spec slides.

littlejerry
06-27-15, 23:41
I've absolutely heard of brass to face.

What spec(or specs) are slides not conforming to which causes BTF?
Is "no BTF" the primary reliability claim of these slides?

Coal Dragger
06-28-15, 01:56
A slide that is out of spec, or just made to a crappy spec like Glock seems inclined to make, I'm sure could cause erratic ejection patterns. My uneducated, non mechanical engineering guess would be several sloppy tolerances in the stock slide resulting in inconsistent brass contact with the ejector. If the slide has sloppy rails/slide frame fitment you have variance there that will result in brass hitting the ejector at inconsistent locations on the brass; affecting ejection angle. If the slide also has a poorly cut, or defective extractor channel there will be variation shot to shot on the relative location of the extractor on the case rim. Again more inconsistencies with ejection pattern. If the extractor itself is poorly dimensioned you'll get more of the same. Although it would be strange, I guess the breech face on the slide could be sloppy, allowing the ejector to push the brass too far left before it hits the ejector. There is also a chance that sloppy barrel to slide fit could be adding more geometry variances shot to shot that could make ejection erratic.

While one of those issues alone might not be the cause, one or more of them could be compounding into brass to the face ejection.

samuse
06-28-15, 10:21
I've absolutely heard of brass to face.

What spec(or specs) are slides not conforming to which causes BTF?
Is "no BTF" the primary reliability claim of these slides?

I'm not sure of what exactly is wrong with Glock slides, but Randy Lee of Apex does. He can fix 'em with a mill.

I would hope that these aftermarket slides would function better than the btf Glock slides.