PDA

View Full Version : Tactical Solutions .22LR M4 Upper

FJB
07-17-08, 01:26
I recently purchased a .22LR M4 Upper from Tactical Solutions with four Black Dog 27 rnd magazines. My interest in this upper began during SHOT show as the manipulation skills for this upper are very similar to a standard M4. The only difference is that bolt catch doesn't hold the bolt, but the bolt will hold open after the last round as the magazine follower holds the bolt open.

I have been testing this Tactical Solutions http://www.tacticalsol.com/store/pc/home.asp upper very hard over the last few days and it is performing superbly. This is a great system and one IMHO should be considered for training. Cost of the TacSol .22LR Upper is recouped in less than 1500 rnds of .22LR when compared to the cost of 1500 rnds of 5.56mm.

This is also a great training platform for those ranges or shoot house facilities that only allow handgun ammunition.

S/F

jess_su
07-17-08, 02:04
I do a bit of .22lr shooting through my ar-15's. My girlfriend nearly shoots it exclusively. The only downside I noticed is accuracy declines very quickly as the barrel gets fouled. We put a few .223 down the tube and it seems to help.
I decidated upper might be the way to go if you don't like the cleaning required to keep your normal ar15 to par.

10MMGary
07-17-08, 10:37
I was really looking forward to reading about their product. I want a dedicated 22LR upper. However according to their website that are out of stock on all three offerings.:mad:

jjw
07-17-08, 22:02
Freddie did you get the lite wt or the standard version
i chose the lite wt and have never looked back
have about 16oo Rd's down range and love it had a few ftf in the 1st 200 and now runs like a sewing machine in "can" mode with a gem tech titanium sea hunter.

i live in a rural area so everyone here shoots but my wife cant hear it in the kitchen when i am in the back yard shooting.

stay safe

FJB
07-18-08, 00:40
BL,
I bought the standard weight M4 look-a-like variant as I wanted some thing that mimic'd a real M4 for as realistic training as possible, as well as performing AP demos on ranges that don't allow rifle calibers.

I tested the Light Weight variant and really liked it. I have no doubt that yours performs superbly and that you are enjoying yours.

Tactical Solutions has hit a serious home run and I am truly appreciating the trigger time I am able to get at fraction of the cost.

S/F

waterhouse
07-18-08, 09:34
What kind of accuracy are you guys getting with these things?

Gunut
07-18-08, 17:21
Can you guys post some pics ? Thanks

jjw
07-18-08, 20:37
i cant post pics but its probably on web site www.tacticalsol.com
mine came with a hogue forend which i didn't like took off and put a yhm lite wt

someone was going on and on about a front site
1. i dont care
2. if i care i will put a cheap yhm flp front on it. its a toy

groups nt done as i am recovering form serious long term back surgery. can barley limp out to back yard to shoot steel. the doc would kill me if he found me trying anything toooo strenuous

Freddie J got the anatomical 1 and its really cool. a coin flip as to what you want.

i am selling a quantity to a military marksman unit so i got 1 for my self. already had the lite wt ruger upper.

use a gem tech sea hunter on both.

freddy's idea is the best. but i am a lite gear freak.

if no 1 posts or next week i will take a pic and send to someone