PDA

View Full Version : not a question just fyi.....

texasgunhand
05-30-15, 14:41
After having my problem with the 505 rcbs scale and them shipping me a 10.10 to replace it,which works great so far. I think i found the problem,a lot of people were saying these scales were made in mexico.

But after flipping the boxes over our great American company like rcbs is getting their scales made in CHINA. Went to cabelas today and looked around at some rcbs stuff most said made in America still.
No wonder they didnt even want the 505 back,they told me to bend the beam and junk it.

The whole problem with the 505 was after tinkering with it for months is the threads were so sloppy on the leveling wheel any touch allowed the scale to move and throw it off zero,typical made in china crap cant even get a bolt and nut to thread without sloppy accuracy. My complaint is the price of 80 bucks or more didnt go down if anything its going up. If iam gona pay 80 i damn sure dont mind paying 100 or more for a quality scale.

Iam sorry but when it comes to this kind of accuracy needed the scale isnt the place to skimp on a couple of bucks. Love the sticker on the front of both scales, Made by ohaus , guess ohaus is in china. I noticed the 25 year old 505 is twice as heavy and says made by ohaus,but not made in china.

To me rcbs has made it right but if i would have seen the made in china on the box i would not have bought it in the first place. Now i wonder what else they are having made cheap and selling at US prices. iam very disappointed becouse price was not a problem,i could have bought any brand i wanted. My dad used rcbs and it worked awsome for him , course that was a long time ago.