PDA

View Full Version : Can't Make This Stuff Up: Army Responsible for Civilian Homicides

Outlander Systems
05-31-15, 11:11
While the article is from last summer, it's a classic example of liberal thinking.

What festering puss-filled sore did this jackass slither out of?

There’s a new semi-automatic handgun on the horizon for the Army that U.S. consumers may have access to almost immediately. When that happens, America’s emergency rooms better be prepared for the carnage that’s likely to follow.

Source:
http://m.thefiscaltimes.com/all/articles-2014-07-29-army-s-new-handgun-weapon-criminals#1

sgtrock82
05-31-15, 11:53
I guess the liberal mind will miss the idea that the article didnt say anything about an increase in shootings or victims, just that the average victim sprung more leaks than their predecessors.

Outlander Systems
05-31-15, 11:59
I guess the liberal mind will miss the idea that the article didnt say anything about an increase in shootings or victims, just that the average victim sprung more leaks than their predecessors.

As per the usual, with the mindset that, if someone is shot with something as small as a .22, they grab their torso, fall off a second-story window, and land in a horse trough.

Or the old, shotgun-throws-300-lb-man-5-feet-in-the-air-until-stopped-by-the-wall-behind-him trick.

Can't fix stupid.

WillBrink
05-31-15, 12:50
What all anti gun types have in common:

• Don't know a thing about guns
• Ignore history
• Ignore the data
• Prefer emotions over objective discussions.

The article is exhibit A for that.

Outlander Systems
05-31-15, 13:15

• Ignore history
• Ignore the data

The article is exhibit A for that.

The article makes it seem like the M9 does everything a 10mm can do, up to, and including soul-killing, vaporization of target, and general awesome sauce.

The logical fallacy is hilarious. The research for this article basically consisted of the shocking news flash that the military sidearm is available for civilian purchase. Disregard the fact that the pistol had essentially been around under a different name before being brought into the military.

Top. Notch. Journalism.

Beretta should just use this article for marketing. It makes the M9/92 the equivalent of a phased plasma pistol in the 20-watt range.

WillBrink
05-31-15, 13:27
The article makes it seem like the M9 does everything a 10mm can do, up to, and including soul-killing, vaporization of target, and general awesome sauce.

The logical fallacy is hilarious. The research for this article basically consisted of the shocking news flash that the military sidearm is available for civilian purchase. Disregard the fact that the pistol had essentially been around under a different name before being brought into the military.

Top. Notch. Journalism.

Beretta should just use this article for marketing. It makes the M9/92 the equivalent of a phased plasma pistol in the 20-watt range.

The simple way to squash this stupidity is to look at the records and see what % of the time M9 was used in shootings. I'd bet very few as it's big and heavy and not terribly popular compared to others out there. If no solid records exist, than his argument that much weaker and is a true WAG. What happened to demonizing Glocks as the root of all crime and evil in the world? :jester:

moonshot
05-31-15, 13:35
Originally Posted by WillBrink

• Ignore history
• Ignore the data

This says it all.

Outlander Systems
05-31-15, 13:35
The simple way to squash this stupidity is to look at the records and see what % of the time M9 was used. I'd bet very few as it's big and heavy and not terribly popular compared to others out there. What happened to demonizing Glocks as the root of all crime and evil in the world? :jester:

Police use Glocks. Military uses M9. Must be an "assault pistol." In need of banning, immediately. Has scary features like an open slide design. Should definitely ban any pistol that uses that lethality force multiplier. Other frightening features like a slide-mounted safety which adds tremendous killing potential. Lanyard loops must be added to the ban list NOW!

SomeOtherGuy
05-31-15, 20:33
Military handguns run a minimum of 20 years behind the times compared to civilian market options. As far as I can tell it's been that way for a century and a half - basically since the invention of repeating handguns.

Anyway... there are so many "news" sites now that make CNN look like quality (it isn't), I don't know where to even start.

Honu
05-31-15, 20:53
bet that gun will blow the limbs clean off a person :)

remember reading something like that somewhere and had to laugh and cry at the same time :)

Moose-Knuckle
05-31-15, 23:49
This goes back to their logic (or lack there of) that anything military should not be allowed to be owned by American citizens because somehow a semi-auto handgun that the military has adopted will somehow start being used said American citizens to start killing one another.

:suicide:

Outlander Systems
06-01-15, 06:26
bet that gun will blow the limbs clean off a person :)

remember reading something like that somewhere and had to laugh and cry at the same time :)

10mm dude!!!

This goes back to their logic (or lack there of) that anything military should not be allowed to be owned by American citizens because somehow a semi-auto handgun that the military has adopted will somehow start being used said American citizens to start killing one another.

:suicide:

Just goes to show the state of "journalism" in this country.

SteyrAUG
06-01-15, 14:31
Thankfully the military is also looking at a new camo pattern so if everyone just buys that as well they will be completely invisible and unlikely to be shot by the new army handgun.

sevenhelmet
06-01-15, 14:36
10mm dude!!!

Because 9mm just wasn't enough... :jester:

SomeOtherGuy
06-01-15, 15:58
Because 9mm just wasn't enough... :jester:

OMG - 10mm isn't enough - go to 11 - then add another half for good measure. I'm sure that 11.48mm will be absolutely bone crushing, perp exploding, so destructive it's a war crime, and (don't forget), it goes to 11!

SteyrAUG
06-01-15, 17:54
OMG - 10mm isn't enough - go to 11 - then add another half for good measure. I'm sure that 11.48mm will be absolutely bone crushing, perp exploding, so destructive it's a war crime, and (don't forget), it goes to 11!

http://data3.whicdn.com/images/12330106/thumb.gif

http://www.normanstrength.com/Websites/soonercrossfit/images/Take_It_To_Eleven.gif

Outlander Systems
06-01-15, 19:33
http://data3.whicdn.com/images/12330106/thumb.gif

http://www.normanstrength.com/Websites/soonercrossfit/images/Take_It_To_Eleven.gif

I can't remember where I read this, but a virtuoso guitar player wanted to recorded an album with his live rig, and turned the volume up loud enough that he knocked himself out.