PDA

View Full Version : Review: San Andreas movie

Doc Safari
06-01-15, 11:49
SEE IT.

Doc Safari
06-01-15, 11:52
Okay, okay. I'll add a little more.

If you enjoyed the action and cliffhanger white-knuckle scenes of movies like 2012, then it's not to be missed.

The CGI effects are great. Luckily there isn't too much in the "preposterous" "this-shit-wouldn't-happen" category.

I love how the movie gets right to the action and doesn't spend half the movie letting you get to know the characters before the bad stuff hits.

I may see it again.

alvincullumyork
06-01-15, 15:14
Honestly the previews are pretty meh. The only thing that make me want to see it is the Rock but I'll wait for Netflix, if I remember.

I may ride a little fast and someday it may catch up and bite me in the ass but maybe not if I give it just a little more gas.

markm
06-01-15, 15:22
You're just trying to trick me into seeing a retarded "the Rock" movie... (I know... retarded and any movie with the Rock is redundant.) :jester:

Doc Safari
06-01-15, 15:27
He's actually not that bad in this movie. They keep the muscle-bound superhero bullshit to a bare minimum. He comes across as more-or-less a regular Joe with problems like everybody else.

The bad guy is somewhat one-dimensional and stereotypical.

It's the nearly non-stop action that hooked me.

It's a movie where you may forget to eat your popcorn occasionally.

l8apex
06-01-15, 17:12
Saw it this weekend. Completely agree, see it. Not over done, very believable.

ForTehNguyen
06-01-15, 17:35
just watch it to stare at Alexandra Daddario

markm
06-01-15, 18:20
Interesting. I doubt I'll see it in the theater since I'm not much of a movie goer... but I'll catch it eventually.

Moose-Knuckle
06-02-15, 00:30
I'm sorry but these are the type of movies I detest, I can't think of anything the Dwayne Johnson has been in that I liked. The CGI bukkake fest disaster movies just don't do it for me. YMMV.

Now go see Fury Road! :jester:

SkiDevil
06-02-15, 01:34
just watch it to stare at Alexandra Daddario

She is simply stunning. Her ancestry is interesting. It says on an entertainment blog that she is being considered to play Wonder Woman. I think that she would look great in the Blue shorts and Gold tube top. I wonder if she's single. :p

I like the Rock aka Dwayne Johnson's movie so I will check it out too.

SteyrAUG
06-02-15, 02:50
I have an impossibly low threshold for "Da Rock." He's about three grades up from Justin Bieber. I'll Netflix this one.

foxtrotx1
06-04-15, 17:32
Movie is getting dumped on in the reviews, think ill pass.

MountainRaven
06-04-15, 20:40
She is simply stunning. Her ancestry is interesting. It says on an entertainment blog that she is being considered to play Wonder Woman. I think that she would look great in the Blue shorts and Gold tube top. I wonder if she's single. :p

I like the Rock aka Dwayne Johnson's movie so I will check it out too.

Gal Gadot got the role. A long, long time ago.

SteyrAUG
06-04-15, 21:12
Gal Gadot got the role. A long, long time ago.

Another movie I don't think I'll need to see. There are maybe 5 women on the planet who could play Wonder Woman and she isn't one of them.

Ironically Carmen Electra was built for the role, but that ended 10 years ago and not sure her acting was up to it.

MountainRaven
06-04-15, 21:30
Another movie I don't think I'll need to see. There are maybe 5 women on the planet who could play Wonder Woman and she isn't one of them.

Ironically Carmen Electra was built for the role, but that ended 10 years ago and not sure her acting was up to it.

I tend to agree.

SteyrAUG
06-04-15, 22:16
I tend to agree.

Another contender was Dita Von Teese, especially as Diana Prince. She had the whole 40s retro thing down tight. Most people would probably think Megan Fox but I don't think she is up to it for a lot of reasons.

And that is why they have to reimagine the character of Wonder Woman in order to allow "random crappy actress A" to play the role. The only character harder to cast is Superman and pretty much everyone has been terrible in the role. Thankfully Christian Bale came along and finally nailed Batman, at least for the first film.