PDA

View Full Version : Actor Vince Vaughn on guns

Amp Mangum
06-01-15, 12:59
This will cause much weeping and gnashing of teeth:

Actor Vince Vaughn–Old School, Wedding Crashers, True Detective–told British GQ magazine that Americans ultimately have the right to bear arms in order to resist “the supreme power of a corrupt and abusive government.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2015/06/01/actor-vince-vaughn-we-have-right-to-bear-arms-so-we-can-resist-an-abusive-government/

LowSpeed_HighDrag
06-01-15, 13:02
Bye bye to his hollywood career...

SilverBullet432
06-01-15, 13:18
Good say. He isn't scared to say it. I only hope more actors speak out, unlike liam neeson....

26 Inf
06-01-15, 13:48
Damn, I never thought much of him, it seems I was wrong.

austinN4
06-01-15, 13:51
He was doing great until he said this: "It’s well known that the greatest defense against an intruder is the sound of a gun hammer being pulled back."
(quoted from the article at the link in the OP)

Jaysop
06-01-15, 13:57
All of a sudden I don't dislike him as much..

SteyrAUG
06-01-15, 14:12
He was doing great until he said this: "It’s well known that the greatest defense against an intruder is the sound of a gun hammer being pulled back."

Understanding the basic premise of the second amendment and being an advocate for armed defense doesn't make you an expert with firearms. You can read similar comments on TOS. Hell I've heard firearms instructors say similar things.

SteyrAUG
06-01-15, 14:14
Bye bye to his hollywood career...

Johnny Depp seems to have done ok.

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/jun/28/entertainment/ca-depp28

Johnny Depp has fond memories of his first machine gun.

He was just a bitty kid growing up in Owensboro, Ky., but somewhere around age 5 or 6, he began shooting .22s, then moved on to .38s, .44s and .45s. And then he got his hands on a relative's Thompson machine gun.

"I butted it up against the tree 'cause it tends to ride up on you," says the 46-year-old actor, who relives the moment, complete with shooting sounds. He begins clapping his hand on the top of his imaginary gun. "My pop came in and grabbed it, so it didn't go anywhere." He laughs.

Ick
06-01-15, 14:18

Five bucks says that is an innacurate quote. The interviewer, who likely has no understanding of what was said... and without a grasp of the function of the right to keep and bear arms... probably wrote that based on notes and paid no attention to the inaccuracy.

The reporter probably thought it was accurate enough... since the reporter also probably has no personal knowledge about the workings of a firearm.

SteyrAUG
06-01-15, 14:19
A few more...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/31/celebrity-gun-owners-license_n_1557203.html

jmp45
06-01-15, 14:33
I don't think it's going to hurt Vince's acting career a bit. He's pretty much in the go to hell club.

Honu
06-01-15, 14:33
had to think is this real :) ahhaahah

good for him

people like whoopie think she is special she can carry you are normal you can not though ! at least Vince is for the correct reasons :)

NoveskeFan
06-01-15, 14:41

It might be figuratively, as in the thing that gives pause to some criminals is the possibility of an intended victim being armed.

docsherm
06-01-15, 15:29
Great article. He is on to something..... We need to ban forks! :jester:

austinN4
06-01-15, 15:31
It might be figuratively, as in the thing that gives pause to some criminals is the possibility of an intended victim being armed.
Right up there with racking the shotgun, LOL. But I liked everything else he said.

brickboy240
06-01-15, 15:54
Have you noticed that in a few of his movies, he is wearing a "don't tread on me" t-shirt?

That is not by accident.

Vaughn is a Libertarian and has said so in many interviews.

t1tan
06-01-15, 16:00
Right up there with racking the shotgun, LOL. But I liked everything else he said.

I know people that won't keep their shotguns loaded because to them the sound of racking it is enough.

HD1911
06-01-15, 16:11
I know people that won't keep their shotguns loaded because to them the sound of racking it is enough.

That Sound will immediately make a Home Invader go into a Seizure....

Good for Vince Vaughn... glad to see not all folks out of Hollyweird are Libtards.

HKGuns
06-01-15, 16:40

Nit pick much? What exactly does it accomplish to nit pick one of our own, especially in Hollywood? Have you gotten everything 100% correct 100% of the time? How often have you been interviewed?

Cut him some slack. We already assume you knew better so there was no need to point it out.

I'm going to run out and buy up all of the Blue Ray's starring Vince Vaughn I can find. We should support these guys and leave the hypocrites, like Liam and Damon, to rot on the shelf.

I'm actually more surprised by Depp, as I thought he was the typical artsy liberal.

austinN4
06-01-15, 17:13
Nit pick much? What exactly does it accomplish to nit pick one of our own, especially in Hollywood? Have you gotten everything 100% correct 100% of the time? How often have you been interviewed?

Cut him some slack. We already assume you knew better so there was no need to point it out.

I'm going to run out and buy up all of the Blue Ray's starring Vince Vaughn I can find. We should support these guys and leave the hypocrites, like Liam and Damon, to rot on the shelf.

I'm actually more surprised by Depp, as I thought he was the typical artsy liberal.
Cut back on the coffee, it'll help.

SteyrAUG
06-01-15, 17:50

Doesn't work on a M1S90 so I just keep it loaded.

HKGuns
06-01-15, 17:57

Glad you figured out your issue. Perhaps if you post early in the morning, before it kicks in, you'll do a better job.

Averageman
06-01-15, 18:23

Depp used to hang out with Hunter S Thompson, I'm sure his range experiences with Hunter are Legendary.
I'm glad Vince put this out there and look forward to watching the new "True Crime" on HBO.

austinN4
06-01-15, 19:33
Glad you figured out your issue. Perhaps if you post early in the morning, before it kicks in, you'll do a better job.
LOL, but bad advice from a pro gun person is still bad advice. You must have missed the part where I said his other comments were great.

Moose-Knuckle
06-02-15, 00:28
He is also good friends with Dwight Yoakam, one of my favorite singers. They appear in each other's films / music videos as cameos. Pretty cool if you like either one of them and yes good on him for taking a stand for the 2nd.

Straight Shooter
06-02-15, 07:03
LOL, but bad advice from a pro gun person is still bad advice. You must have missed the part where I said his other comments were great.

Brother..it was PROBABLY said "tongue-in-cheek"...let us not forget that ANYTIME a Hollywood type says ANYTHING pro-gun, we really should be glad and not try to pick apart every little thing. And as for that hammer cocking, pump racking sound..YES..IT FACTUALLY HAS RUN OFF INTRUDERS WITHOUT A SHOT BEING FIRED. Yall act like you wouldn't flat shit your pants if YOU heard it in the dark of night. Over rated/over used? YES, but based in fact.

Alex V
06-02-15, 07:58
Vince is cool, but Amber Heard carries a 357... [interview on Top Gear] Droooool!

Amp Mangum
06-02-15, 20:45
Gutfeld: Media's Uninformed Backlash Against Vince Vaughn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUTmRJ0LAOE

Averageman
06-02-15, 21:23
Austins "stop and frisk" policy will be more or less, "Does he have pointy toed boots?"
The irony that political correctness will be used over common sense in our State Capital is not lost on me.
As much as Art has fought tooth and nail against open carry in Texas, it only goes to prove to me that the Sate coffers are open to be purged by those who will legally open carry and be stopped upon Art Acevedo's poor public policy and against our Constitution.
I would recommend that someone make and prove a valid point as soon as possible and send this jack wagon of a Police Chief and his personal policy back to california where it belongs.

Whiskey_Bravo
06-02-15, 21:55

Sorry but I have to agree with him. We are so quick to jump on people because they are not 100% experts that have taken 1000 personal hours of training. He may not want to be an expert in all things guns, but that doesn't reduce his right to support them correct? FFS, he is an actor from hollyweird that supports guns and is a libertarian.... We should be happy with that and call it a day.

T2C
06-02-15, 21:58
I would like to see a lot more actors follow his example.

TXBK
06-02-15, 23:45
I wish that entertainers and athletes would keep their political views to themselves and stick to speaking about what they actually do, because they are usually not very educated about their opinions. I am usually so disappointed when an entertainer shares their political beliefs, because I am usually left personally boycotting their work. Vaughn is one of my favorites, so it is great that I can keep enjoying laughs from him. Without seeing a video of the interview, there is no way to tell if Vaughn made the "hammer cocking" comment in jest, or not.

Hank6046
06-02-15, 23:53
I wish that entertainers and athletes would keep their political views to themselves and stick to speaking about what they actually do, because they are usually not very educated about their opinions. I am usually so disappointed when an entertainer shares their political beliefs, because I am usually left personally boycotting their work. Vaughn is one of my favorites, so it is great that I can keep enjoying laughs from him. Without seeing a video of the interview, there is no way to tell if Vaughn made the "hammer cocking" comment in jest, or not.

I hear you man. I like a lot of actors for there acting, but not for their views. Sean Penn was just in a Movie were he walks around cock'd and lock'd, but God help me if I want to protect my family with an evil Semi Auto handgun. I'll watch Jason Bourne movies thinking about how they are actually better than the Robert Ludlum novels the character he is based upon, but Matt Damon wants the Boston Bomber to be executed by slaps on the wrist.

Amp Mangum
06-05-15, 20:44
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/06/its-not-just-vince-vaughn-here-are-5-surprising-pro-gun-celebrities-who-are-also-packing-heat/

decodeddiesel
06-07-15, 10:35
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/06/its-not-just-vince-vaughn-here-are-5-surprising-pro-gun-celebrities-who-are-also-packing-heat/

Interesting seeing all of the actors and celeb types listed there, some are real surprises, but wow that article is one of the worst hit pieces I've seen in a long time. I would suggest just skimming it to see the names, because if you read it your blood pressure is sure to go up. :mad:

nimdabew
06-07-15, 10:47

It is one thing if they call a press meeting to only say their political feelings. It is another thing to say it in an interview while talking to a person of the press and it comes up. I am not saying that either of theservice are the case in the article, but sometimes it irks me to hear what you have said. Would you only like to talk about your job? I would be bored out of my mind if all I talked about was flying airplanes, instructing, and weather information.

sevenhelmet
06-07-15, 10:52
It is one thing if they call a press meeting to only say their political feelings. It is another thing to say it in an interview while talking to a person of the press and it comes up. I am not saying that either of theservice are the case in the article, but sometimes it irks me to hear what you have said. Would you only like to talk about your job? I would be bored out of my mind if all I talked about was flying airplanes, instructing, and weather information.

I can see your point, but I never get bored of talking about airplanes. :cool:

nimdabew
06-07-15, 11:02

????????????

6. Sean Penn. Last year, Charlize Theron convinced her then-boyfriend Sean Penn (he’s now her fiancé) to get rid of his guns, which he apparently owned in multitudes. And so in an act of love, Penn consulted with artist Jeff Koons, giving him nearly 65 guns to use in a single sculpture. At a benefit for Haiti, Penn credited his change of heart on guns to “a strong woman who happens to be from South Africa.” The allusion was obviously to Theron, whose opposition to guns is the result of her mother fatally and intentionally shooting her abusive father when she was 17. According to E!, Penn said at the time:

nimdabew
06-07-15, 11:05
I can see your point, but I never get bored of talking about airplanes. :cool:

You would if you did 3 back to back to back flight reviews followed by a checkout and then an intro flight. Those days tend to be a bit of a grind.

Airhasz
06-08-15, 06:52
Glad I don't follow these people or their opinions, more concerned with carbon on bolt tail.:sarcastic:

usmcvet
06-08-15, 12:13
Sorry but I have to agree with him. We are so quick to jump on people because they are not 100% experts that have taken 1000 personal hours of training. He may not want to be an expert in all things guns, but that doesn't reduce his right to support them correct? FFS, he is an actor from hollyweird that supports guns and is a libertarian.... We should be happy with that and call it a day.

Agreed. I was pleasantly surprised when I hear about his common sense support of gun rights.