PDA

View Full Version : Key mod accessory installation

M4CARBINE556
06-01-15, 21:20
Hey all. I just got my first key mod accessory for my Noveske NSR and I can't figure out how to attach it. It should be simple but it just won't get tight. Does the little cut in the nut face forward or backwards? What am I doing wrong?

Slippers
06-01-15, 21:26
The "toe" of the nut faces towards the front. Depending on the accessory orientation you may need to loosen the screw and reverse the nut.

AFAIK that particular SLR part you have is meant to be installed the other way, since the forward facing side is vertical and has the teeth for use as a barricade stop.

P2000
06-01-15, 21:31
The keymod nut has a cutout that should face forwards. The accesory goes in the slot and then gets pushed forward until it stops. On some Keymod accessories the nut is captivated so it won't rotate (like a BCM vert grip). On others (like MI rail covers), it can turn around on you.

If the nut is only a little looser than needed for install, you can feel it kind of click into place.

M4CARBINE556
06-01-15, 21:45
The "toe" of the nut faces towards the front. Depending on the accessory orientation you may need to loosen the screw and reverse the nut.

AFAIK that particular SLR part you have is meant to be installed the other way, since the forward facing side is vertical and has the teeth for use as a barricade stop.
It's reversible, it can be used as a hand stop or barricade stop. Maybe I just need to torque it down and see if it gets tight. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something stupid before I broke something. Thanks guys.

GH41
06-02-15, 06:12
For those of you in Rio Linda. VVVVVVV

djegators
06-02-15, 06:30
Yes, the keymod nut must be facing in the correct direction, and be sure to seat it all the way forward before tightening. It is somewhat easy to think it is all the way forward when it isn't.

As for that SLR handstop, it is reversible, so I assume the keymod nut is reversible as well?

BufordTJustice
06-02-15, 07:46
For those of you in Rio Linda. VVVVVVV
Lol. Noice Rush reference. :)

M4CARBINE556
06-02-15, 08:10
Yes, the keymod nut must be facing in the correct direction, and be sure to seat it all the way forward before tightening. It is somewhat easy to think it is all the way forward when it isn't.

As for that SLR handstop, it is reversible, so I assume the keymod nut is reversible as well?

Yes, you can unscrew it all the way and flip it around. Btw I just had torque the heck out of it but it finally got tight.

Slippers
06-02-15, 08:35
It's reversible, it can be used as a hand stop or barricade stop. Maybe I just need to torque it down and see if it gets tight. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something stupid before I broke something. Thanks guys.

Ah. I remember when they originally came out that there was some hubbub over on arf that they weren't reversible. SLR must have changed it.

556BlackRifle
06-02-15, 08:49
That should be a piece of cake to install. Especially compared with the snap in Noveske covers and stops. :) It took me a few minutes to figure that one out. T&B has a great video on youtube regarding keymod installation. I'll see if I can find the link for you.

556BlackRifle
06-02-15, 08:53
Here's the video from T&B

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2oIlcbzzZ0

Infadel
06-18-15, 08:43
Excellent video, thanks.

Glockman1968
06-18-15, 22:41
Yeah.. that was great.

Learned...good stuff.

Thanks for posting. :thank_you2:

ndmiller
06-19-15, 19:41
Thought I knew my Keymod, but clearly didn't completely understand the system.

Great video.