PDA

View Full Version : berry bullets data.

texasgunhand
06-02-15, 14:09
Iam useing winchester online data for berrys bullets it states 3.9 to 4.4 at 1.150 useing the hollow base 124gr round nose thick plate useing WIN. 231, iam useing the regular non hollow base regular plate 124 gr round nose bullets they sale.

Do you think the data should transfer to the reg. base non thick plate bullets? Iam pushing them at 4.2 gr of win 231 at 1.150 COAL and they dont seem killer hot,, but their moving.
Data is a little hard to find on the non hollow base reg. plate bullets.

This btw is for 9mm sorry. I would like to try some of their 115 gr bullets but the only date winchesters site list is for 115 lrn and doesnt look right to me a lot higher charge at 1.100 seems smokin hot. Any place that list berrys plated bullet data iam missing?

CrazyIrishman
06-02-15, 15:08
Have you contacted them directly? I'm fairly sure that's where I got my starting powder charge for that bullet was, and increased the charge accordingly from there.

Onyx Z
06-02-15, 16:20
Don't quote me on this, but I believe it says on their website that the data can be interchanged with the same bullet weight. I do know for a fact it says what length they should be loaded at.

markm
06-02-15, 16:32
I always use FMJ data for berry's. If the bullet actually has the hollow base, you're getting more net internal case volume so you're safe using regular FMJ data for those too. Without a chrono, however, you're kind of flying blind.

texasgunhand
06-02-15, 18:21
Have you contacted them directly? I'm fairly sure that's where I got my starting powder charge for that bullet was, and increased the charge accordingly from there.

I emailed them, not enough time to get a response yet, it says you can use regular FMJ data but expect an 8 to 10 percent increase in velocity over a standered Fmj. I tryed to catch one today,fired it from about 4 feet away into a piece of 4×4,it went through and into the ground ,i couldnt find it. Then i did the same with a 16oz water bottle behind it and it went through the wood and water into the ground couldnt find it either.

Being lead i didnt think it would have this kind of penetration i was wrong..lol.