PDA

View Full Version : Kahr Arms

attrapereves
06-02-15, 14:51
Kahr seems to have owners with no issues, and some with lots of issues. I owned a CW9 and had no issues with it. However, the mags felt cheap and sometimes my magazine would pop out while I was carrying it. I think the mag release spring was really light. I've been thinking of buying another one since I need a single stack carry gun.

Kahr owners, have you had any issues with your Kahr?

tuck
06-02-15, 17:23
My CM9 had two or three malfunctions in the first 50 rounds, but has been perfect since. Like Kahr says, they need a break in period.

Also, they're not a pistol that can be limp wristed.

WillBrink
06-02-15, 17:44
Kahr seems to have owners with no issues, and some with lots of issues. I owned a CW9 and had no issues with it. However, the mags felt cheap and sometimes my magazine would pop out while I was carrying it. I think the mag release spring was really light. I've been thinking of buying another one since I need a single stack carry gun.

Kahr owners, have you had any issues with your Kahr?

Had three of them, and all were GTG. Great little guns. I liked the all metal versions. At the time they came out, they were pretty much the only reliable well made sub compact guns and they were expensive. I can't recall anything that really competed with them at the time. Now you have choices like the Shield which are less $$$ and well made and reliable, so Kahr seems less worth the costs to me. I know they have a budget line of guns now, but I have no experience with them. Just recently sold my Kahr k40.

firefighter37
06-02-15, 18:27
I had a PM9 that was great. Never had a problem. Some were not so lucky though.

1_click_off
06-02-15, 18:29
My PM9 has been great. I had the mag do the same as you. I had it in a soft pocket holster and my phone in same pocket. Think the phone helped to release the mag.

My PM45 was a PITA at first. It would stovepipe almost every round, sometimes not pick up a round from the mag and was just horrible. Forget about ejecting a loaded round. The front of the bullet would not clear the chamber. Kahr sent me a new recoil spring and I couldn't even rack the slide. It was coil bonding bad. I called them back and they told me they are trim to fit. So I put the new one away and started trimming the original. Started clipping 1/8 coil at a time. With 3/8 of a coil clipped, it runs great now.

So if you have a Kahr with feeding issues, check for coil bind.

ABNAK
06-02-15, 19:57
I had a PM9 that was great. Never had a problem.

A couple hundred rounds through mine and not one malfunction. This is more than I can say for my Glock 43........

Tigereye
06-03-15, 06:18
I've had a CW9 for several years. The break in period really is necessary. The gun has a really good DAO trigger, points really well for me, and is very accurate. My wife didn't really like it when it was new but likes it now that it has over 1,000 rounds (it loosened up a bit). The only issue I had was that the gun would not drop a mag free. The mag would "stick" about 1/2 way out. I contacted Kahr and returned the gun with the 2 mags. They fixed it and I've had no more issues. The only thing I don't like about the Kahr is that the mags seem very flimsy and the top round in the mag tilts easily. The gun is very easy to conceal carry.
All of that being said, I now have a Shield and will carry it after a couple of hundred more rounds.

davidz71
06-03-15, 15:43
I bought a CW9 for my daughter last year and she loves it. I haven't heard a single complaint.

The Dumb Gun Collector
06-03-15, 16:06
Had two PM9s. Both were super reliable. Great little guns. I only abandoned them when I transitioned to J Frames.

pinzgauer
06-03-15, 16:56
P40 as regular CC since 2005'ish. Bought used and very inexpensive. Had some FTF issues after about 150-250 rounds. New recoil spring helped but not fixed. Sent to Kahr, came back with new slide & barrel no charge. Been solid ever since.

Very smooth DA, easiest to conceal I've found. I can run plates with it almost as fast as a commander.

Every now and then i think about trying a PPS or similar. Then I shoot my P40 and quickly cancel that idea.

My view:
- gotta give them break in time
- some will need a call or trip to Kahr. But come back solid
- P9,P40,P45 do have some tangible differences over the cheaper models
- P series is at extreme limits for size/compactness but still able to shoot well. I don't want any smaller, nor any larger. And especially not thicker.
- if you grew up with DA's you'll do well with one. If not, YMMV
- they probably won't last as long as a Glock 19, but it does not matter to me. It will do what I need it to do.
- slide stop spring can get finicky with pocket grunge and carbon. Can cause slide locks, especially if limp wristing. But easy fix, and just something to check for if you shoot it often.

Skar
06-03-15, 18:31
Good gun yet over priced IMO
I had a pm9 it did have some barrel peening .

GJG
06-03-15, 20:38
I've had a K-9 Elite for 12+ years. Never had a problem. And it's actually surprisingly accurate. Spending more time with a VP-9 nowadays, but it's still good for concealed carry.

ndmiller
06-03-15, 20:48
Older T9 with MMC Sights been good to go for almost a decade and many thousand rounds. P9 and CW9 also no issues.

HardToHandle
06-03-15, 22:47
Plenty of problems,

K40 with a chamber insert that backed out. Kahr's customer service told me impossible, but changed their tune when they saw the pictures. Required a trip to the factory.

PM9 was beginning to FTF. Ordered a new recoil spring as it was likely approaching 10k rounds. When replaced, the gun became worse even after a few hundred rounds. Required a trip to the factory - and came back worse. The gun also was a little shaky in cold weather, which is a common complaint on the PM9.

Great concept, spotty reliability, shitty customer service.

Jmacken37
06-03-15, 23:16
PM9 has been a great little gun for me. I haven't come across another subcompact is in it's size/weight class. Front pocket carry is easy.

lethal dose
06-03-15, 23:17
CM9. Pearce ext, bicycle innertube over grip. 100% spot on like all my Kahrs. Love 'em.

glocktogo
06-03-15, 23:46
P40 as regular CC since 2005'ish. Bought used and very inexpensive. Had some FTF issues after about 150-250 rounds. New recoil spring helped but not fixed. Sent to Kahr, came back with new slide & barrel no charge. Been solid ever since.

Very smooth DA, easiest to conceal I've found. I can run plates with it almost as fast as a commander.

Every now and then i think about trying a PPS or similar. Then I shoot my P40 and quickly cancel that idea.

My view:
- gotta give them break in time
- some will need a call or trip to Kahr. But come back solid
- P9,P40,P45 do have some tangible differences over the cheaper models
- P series is at extreme limits for size/compactness but still able to shoot well. I don't want any smaller, nor any larger. And especially not thicker.
- if you grew up with DA's you'll do well with one. If not, YMMV
- they probably won't last as long as a Glock 19, but it does not matter to me. It will do what I need it to do.
- slide stop spring can get finicky with pocket grunge and carbon. Can cause slide locks, especially if limp wristing. But easy fix, and just something to check for if you shoot it often.

I had a PM9 with issues. FRTB with various defensive HP's, even after several hundred rounds of FMJ. I had a T9 that was flawless. I think it's a mixed bag. If you get a good one, it's good. If not, should you trust it for carry? I went back to a G-26.

nimdabew
06-03-15, 23:57
Never had an issue with my MK9 except with full power +p 124gr. The mags OTOH, they wouldn't retain rounds in the mags to save their life. I walk out the door with a loaded mag, and when I take my pants off in the evening, I had a pocket full of bullets and 2 rounds in the magazine. Sold it, bought a shield and have never had a problem since.

cynical
06-04-15, 10:23
P9, never a problem, runs great. My two complaints are mag related: 1.) the steep angle the top round is held at makes it very easy to have the round pop out. Make sure you keep your mags in an enclosed pouch, lest you end up with a pocketful of loose rounds. 2.) the feed lips on the mags are sharp. Get a Mag-lula (or tougher fingers).

I got my Kahr several years ago because I wanted something slimmer and easier to conceal than my Glock 19, yet functioned pretty much the same way. Similar long trigger pull, no external safety. Because of the cost I would look at some of the newer options from Glock or S&W today.

Bullz
06-04-15, 13:21
Have two: pm9 & p45. Both about 5 years old, carried frequently and shot regularly. Thousands of rounds through each. PM9 has never had a problem. P45 has the occasional light primer strike on hard primers. Both are unbelievably accurate.

I personally think Kahr makes a very high quality pistol, even the value series. However, I also think that the platform offers minimal forgiveness for poor shooting form; e.g. limp wrist, loose grip, poor trigger control, etc. My 2 cents.

EDIT: I also had the same mag problem with the PM9 as nimbabew describes in his post when I carried 115 grain loads. I'd have a pocket full of shells at the end of the day. I switched to 147gr HST +p and the problem went away. Longer cartridges stay put and don't bounce out anymore. I've never had a mag problem with the .45.

sirsaechao
06-04-15, 22:58
I own and carry a Kahr P380. It started to have some issues but I put about 800 rounds into it. Sent it back to Kahr and they replaced the extractor, guide rod and spring and worked the slide and now its been flawless. Kahr CS is amazing. Sent me a prepaid over night packing slip. Boxed, shipped and turn around time was about 8 days total.

AKDoug
06-05-15, 01:09
My CW40 has been such a huge pile of shit that I have it in my safe and won't sell it to anyone. Started off with the first round fired. Fired the pistol and the magazine shot out. Since it's a fairly violent little pistol, I figured I was hitting the release somehow. Changed grip, same shit. Changed hands, same shit. Traced it back to the magazine release. Contacted Kahr and they said send it in. I said, send me a new mag release, but they wouldn't. So I just purchased one off their website. New mag release solved the problem and allowed me to get my required break in rounds done. Then I started getting random light primer strikes and failures to feed. Then it started dropping mags again. I finally just said screw it and threw it in the safe. My wife bought me a Springfield XDs (not much bigger than the Kahr)in .45ACP. I have shot 2000 rounds out of this little gem with not a single issue.

Dienekes
06-05-15, 11:56
Bought a CW45 a couple of years back. Loved the DA, and accuracy was outstanding for such a small pistol. Early on I got feeding issues and mag drop issues. Short version is that in spite of its virtues, it was unreliable. After about 350 or so rounds I dumped it. I have clunker Model 10 S&Ws that ALWAYS work.

Bought a Gen 4 Glock 19 and got on with my life.

Ned Christiansen
06-05-15, 15:40
I've been disappointed by what I've seen from Kahr in recent years. When the K9 first came out I got one of the first ones and wrote it up for ARMAS Magazine in Spain, and it was great-- making Expert in IDPA with it was a breeze. Something has changed. Peoples' guns don't work and when they send them back they are examined by (I believe) people that don't understand the problem. They have a checkbox form: Customer complains of X, change part Y (almost always the recoil spring, it would seem). Maybe they shoot it five times and "it works, it must be fixed, good job, team!". This is typical of the firearms industry. They made it, but they didn't make it right. They got it back to fix and the fixer does not know guns but has a form to go by. These are not bad or stupid people, they just have not been trained. Many companies in many industries suffer from this. They don't keep the people that designed and created the original good stuff. There is employee turnover. Eventually there's nobody left who really knows the product, but they keep making it, tweaking it for easier production and better margins, without knowing, or caring, about end-user consequences.

Last week at a class that had nothing to do with .380's, I had three officers bring me P380's that weren't working. One had been back to Kahr three times. Did I hear that right, I asked the cop. Yes, three times. Another had called Kahr and was told this: when you first chamber a round, it must be done by dropping the slide from the slide stop. If you slingshot it or rack it, the stack of rounds in the magazine can become misaligned and cause malfunctions.

'K. Maybe this officer did not translate that well to me, and maybe there is some perfectly good explanation for this explanation but, otherwise, "wow" comes to mind.

TMS951
06-05-15, 16:01
I have a ~2012 PM9.

It has been flawless for me, about 700-900 rounds through it. Used it in some classes, accurate out to 50yards on steel.

cynical
06-05-15, 16:09
Another had called Kahr and was told this: when you first chamber a round, it must be done by dropping the slide from the slide stop. If you slingshot it or rack it, the stack of rounds in the magazine can become misaligned and cause malfunctions.

'K. Maybe this officer did not translate that well to me, and maybe there is some perfectly good explanation for this explanation but, otherwise, "wow" comes to mind.

I've heard this many times and in many places. Never heard a good explanation for the why, but it's not a hard habit to get into. I suspect it has something to do with properly chambering the first round with the short slide and heavy spring, maybe with how the rim fits under the extractor? It's weird, but it doesn't bother me.

oldtexan
06-05-15, 16:12
..........Last week at a class that had nothing to do with .380's, I had three officers bring me P380's that weren't working. One had been back to Kahr three times. Did I hear that right, I asked the cop. Yes, three times. Another had called Kahr and was told this: when you first chamber a round, it must be done by dropping the slide from the slide stop. If you slingshot it or rack it, the stack of rounds in the magazine can become misaligned and cause malfunctions.

I believe that the recommendation to drop the slide using the slide stop is in the Kahr manual.

I've owned a couple of K9s, a TP9, and a PM9. I still have the PM9, which is the gun I carry those rare times when I have to wear a suit. I find that my PM9 likes a new recoil spring about every 750-1000 rds, and will exhibit failures to return to battery if that's ignored. It's up to about 2500 rds, IIRC. It had to go back to Kahr for the recall a few years ago when it developed a severe peening issue on the barrel. I haven't had the problem with mags dropping out inadvertently. I don't particularly care for the Kahr long trigger stroke, especially compared to my Walther PPS, but the PPS was still years in the future when I bought the PM9 in 2005.

My PM9 will run fine racking the slide, but judging by comments on various forums, apparently many of them don't. If a particular Kahr couldn't be loaded by racking the slide, that could make reducing a stoppage a real problem.

And rounds seem to want to escape spare magazines if carried loose in a pocket.

pinzgauer
06-05-15, 17:41
I've heard this many times and in many places. Never heard a good explanation for the why, but it's not a hard habit to get into. I suspect it has something to do with properly chambering the first round with the short slide and heavy spring, maybe with how the rim fits under the extractor? It's weird, but it doesn't bother me.

Same direction from Kahr on my P40. Very short recoil spring and stroke... Its very easy to mess up on a slingshot.

As mentioned, its an easy habit to establish and I've actually started doing on other pistols.

They are also difficult to seat a full mag on, and I think that leads to reports of mag catch issues. Firm tap and I never have an issue.

I can't speak to recent Kahrs, nor the cheaper models. But all the people I personally know of with P's have seen good experience once past initial break in.

I find it ironic that people will make excuses for Glocks that have issues in the 500-1500 round range, but give up on Kahrs in just a few boxes. It helps to have expectations set by a friend to plan on 500 rounds for breakin and possible a trip to Kahr but it will be solid from there out. And that has been exactly my experience.

maximus83
06-07-15, 19:51
I've been disappointed by what I've seen from Kahr in recent years. [...]

Another had called Kahr and was told this: when you first chamber a round, it must be done by dropping the slide from the slide stop. If you slingshot it or rack it, the stack of rounds in the magazine can become misaligned and cause malfunctions.

What you heard has been true for mine. I've had a PM9 for about 6 years and while it runs absolutely reliable if you use the slide stop to drop the slide, I found that you couldn't slingshot the slide reliably. Kahr CS actually told me the same thing you heard. Very odd.

AR10TFn
06-07-15, 23:05
Hi everyone- I have a 97 model E9 that I purchased new in 97, did the 200 round break in and then some just to be sure that I could trust it, never had any troubles with it, ate and shot anything/everything I cared to stuff in the mags, even 115gn laser cast hand loads. In late 99 I sent it back to kahr to have night sight installed, they replaced the slide with a stainless k9 slide, and while they had it replaced the mag catch/release,[I had heard they had some issues with them-dropped mags] no charge. As of now I have appx 2500 rounds through it, no problems, the only thing I have done is replace the recoil spring. I have change my edc gun and now carry a G-19, I have large paws and the glock fits them better, I also found I prefer the glock trigger over the kahr, [similar but different]. I found that kahr had two different triggers early on, one a "NY" trigger long like a revolver, and later they came out with their "elete" series of K9's, which had shorter pull triggers, So in a effort to make the kahr trigger more like my g-19 I contacted kahr to find out what I needed to make the change, well it turns out I know more about my pistol than the guy I spoke with. All I could get from him was my pistol had the "standard" trigger in it, so, so much for kahr tech. help. But as for the pistol itself, it has run flawlessly for me, I still carry it when I can't conceal my g-19. So like some earlier said, if you get a good one it's great, if not you have a problem child!

jyo
06-08-15, 13:50
Currently have three Kahrs---two CW9s and a P45---no break-in period needed, guns shot perfect from day one---there were magazine release related issues with the two CW9s when first received---Kahr said they had a bad batch of mag releases and sent new parts (release and spring)---guns run 100% since and shoot right tp point of aim. CW9s are pleasant to shoot---P45 is a little beast!

yellowfin
06-14-15, 21:08
My CW380 has been great thus far. It feeds the carry loads I bought for it 100% and my practice loads nearly perfectly. I have it for one purpose: for when I absolutely have to have something but must be the smallest, lightest, least obtrusive gun possible that will still get the job done. For anything else I carry a Shield or M&P40c.

Fishbed77
06-15-15, 21:50
My CM9 has been flawless. It worked right out of the box and needed no break-in period. Several thousand rounds so far of a wide variety of ammo and no malfunctions to date.

Tomahawk_Ghost
06-16-15, 12:35
My PM9 has worked fine since 2003. Just change the recoil spring every 500 rounds or so.

m4brian
06-16-15, 14:48
I wanted a 9mm I WOULD carry and could carry in almost any situation. The PM9 fit the bill. Bought one LNIB at a LGS. Never hiccups and I usually use the slide to rack the round home. One mag had trouble dropping free, but as Kahr CS told me, run it with live ammo to break it in. It does take some training to shoot as would any super small gun, but no slide bite, and when you do your job, it is accurate as all getout. Its the right gun for the right job.

SteveS
06-25-15, 19:13
I have a PM9 that runs great and with 147 Gn bullets is really accurate. I would recommend a S@W Shield. I tried one in 40 S@W and was most impressed.

Hemoglobin
06-25-15, 20:28
I had a PM9 and foolishly sold it. It ran like a top from the day I took it out of the box. Pretty sure I was just lubing all my guns with breaker CLP at the time too and probably not as frequently as I should have. (not that it matters per se the stuff worked for years but no super nano juice like fireclean) What fired my initial desire to get rid of it was that I really hated "training" with it. It's a small gun. It sucks to shoot for any length of time. So fast fwd a few years and I got the CM9 when it came out... I basically did the same thing with that one. This was about the time I had a career shift and could either carry a Glock 19 all the time or nothing at all.

If I went back to having to wear more professional attire in not so gun friendly environments and really needed something covered up I would give the Kahr a look again. Especially since I have realistic expectations about learning the gun... in small batches. Honestly I have secretly lusted over a T9 or K9 in stainless for a long time. I think they are good looking guns. Pretty far down the list though.

LDM
06-26-15, 12:12
I have a love hate thing for Kahrs. Have had several models. TP45, K9 and the only one I have kept long term is the PM9.
My PM9 works well with a Galco Ankle Glove for hot weather or discreet carry.
Elegant design but can be finicky. Their magazine followers need a redesign (tapered 9MM case results in gap at nose of bullet with 6+ rounds that causes feeding issues), but the follower can be tweaked to work better (see Kahr forum).
I really had to work to get my PM9 to run reliably, but it was worth it.
Factory support is variable from OK to poor.

Pandaz3
07-02-15, 11:29
I have a CW380 bought new for a little over $300 over the net from Trop Guns in Pennsylvania. EDC BUG (every day carry back up gun). I carry a XDS 45 3.3 primary (used to be a G-29, but it was too wide and way heavier, it is now Home carry.)

Psalms144.1
07-02-15, 12:36
I have a long time relationship with Kahrs - I've had one or more since they first hit the market back in the early 90s. Of the bunch, the PM9 is my favorite, and I've had several.

I also have experienced the "soft" magazine release issue - which became extremely clear the last time I had to qualify with gloves on. My grip was hitting the magazine release enough to unlock the magazine, but my gloved hands kept it in the magazine well, turning my pistol into a single-shot semiauto on several occasions.

I've also had issues with magazine feed lips that would auto-eject the top round when fully loaded either in a pocket or in a mag pouch. Kahr was VERY responsive when I contacted them about that issue and replaced the questionable magazines sight unseen.

Having said all that, a while back I picked up a G26 for my BUG (G19 primary), and the Kahr has gone into the safe except for required semi-annual qualifications. I also recently picked up a G43, which is an incredibly shootable and accurate little gun, and now neatly fills my needs for a very compact single stack pistol. So, my Kahr is sitting in the safe, pending a potential transfer to my father-in-law, who's looking for something small to carry in the pocket...

Redstate
07-02-15, 20:36
I have an MK9, K9 and P9 Covert. The MK has about 1000 rounds through it, the K9 around 600 and the P9 Covert around 3500 rounds. No issues with any of them.

rim
07-03-15, 14:25
I have a PM9 ( with aftermarket night sights), made and bought in 2009. The only issue that I had were around rounds number 75 or so, I tried some Wolf steel case, those resulted in a few FTF's (maybe 3-4 out of a box of 50?).
Since then, I feed it Hornady, PMC, Speer and a few others with zero issues.
Perfect single stack for hot weather, I use a kydex holster from Raven Concealment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

artoter
07-03-15, 15:06
Currently have three Kahrs---two CW9s and a P45---no break-in period needed, guns shot perfect from day one---there were magazine release related issues with the two CW9s when first received---Kahr said they had a bad batch of mag releases and sent new parts (release and spring)---guns run 100% since and shoot right tp point of aim. CW9s are pleasant to shoot---P45 is a little beast!

I have only owned one Kahr, it was a CW9, and I still kick myself for trading that one off. Live and learn. :p

The_Watcher
07-03-15, 15:14
I carried an Mk9 for 5 years. I had one or two malfunctions that I can remember over that time. I was not shooting a lot back then and only put a couple thousand through it over my carry time. I could bust clays at 25 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Helix12
08-04-15, 07:08
I have had a Kahr P9 for several years, more than 7+. The Kahr manual does list a 200 rounds break in period but mine did not need any such thing. It has run like a sewing machine since day one with not one single problem. I have about 1500 rounds through it. It's my warm weather carry.

With the press coverage over single stack 9's in the past couple of years you would think the design is something new but it isn't. I guess it is big news when Smith & Wesson and Glock come out with their versions. Over the Memorial Day weekend I handled a G43 and bought a Shield. Discovered I had the (or one of the very best) premier single stack 9mms all along in the Kahr P9. Quality build and quality performing carry gun.

jbourneidentity
08-05-15, 01:06
My agency's old rangemaster bought a stainless K9 when they first came out in the mid-90s. Due to his job position, he had access to all the 9mm ammo he wanted. At the time, our department used remanufactured ammo for range training and qualifications. The quality of that ammo was not the best, but his K9 chewed that ammo up and spit it out like a champ. He abused that K9 like he hated it. Never lubed it. Didn't do maintenance. Never replaced a spring that I can ever remember. The thing also weighed a metric ton for such a small pistol. I don't know how many thousands of 9mm rounds he put through that all-metal K9, but it just ran, and ran, and ran. As far as I know, he still has it. I think the gun's reliability was due to the fact that it was an older, all-metal gun from Kahr's "golden age" and the gun was just built tough as a tank back then.

His K9 made such an impression on me that I bought a PM9 around 2009 and it was flawless. Perfect EDC/BUG and handsome for a polymer gun, too. I loved that pistol and only sold it when money was needed for our household. I wish I had it back. The only complaint I ever had with mine was that the trigger reset was very weak, making follow up shots a bit more difficult. My experience with Kahr has been so good that when the assistant chief of my old agency asked me what slim BUG to issue officers, I suggested the PM9 (G26/G27 were out of the running due to width). The PM9s were purchased and by all accounts, have been huge successes.

I think there may be a correlation between Kahr reliability and caliber. The 9mm Kahrs seem like they work better and for longer than their .40 & .45 models.

Dionysusigma
08-12-15, 17:58
Used to have a CW45 back in the day - it was literally an impulse purchase to show a work friend how easy and painless it is to buy a new gun from an FFL. As time went on, it got carried a lot, shot a bit (a tiny, lightweight .45 doesn't lend itself comfortably to range sessions over 300rds), and never failed. I remember it being on the more accurate side of pistols I've owned.

That said, I've moved back to exclusively 9mm, and have been entertaining the notion of picking up a CW9... until I heard about Kahr's new CT9. Anyone have any firsthand experience with the latter? How much larger than the CW series is it, etc.?

Tzook
08-12-15, 18:13
I had a CW9 that's one of the few guns I've always regretted selling. Ran well, and was surprisingly accurate for how small it was.

mini14jac
08-12-15, 20:54
I'm on my fourth.
None of mine had any issues, I just kept looking for something better.
Current one is a CM9.
It carries well in a cargo pocket or on the belt.
I've had it a few years and plan on keeping it.

Owning S&W weapons has spoiled me.
They have a lifetime warranty on the gun.
They send a prepaid shipping label.

Kahr now has a 5 year warranty to the original owner.
They usually don't pay shipping.
That is the main gripe I have against them.

Stormvet
08-12-15, 22:25
I have only owned one a PM9 I bought new in 2008, still have it. It has served as my BUG ever since, I have a love/hate relationship with it. It is the only 9mm I have found that is actually small enough to pocket carry(won't carry anything smaller)for some reason I shoot it very well and it has been very reliable from day one.
What I hate about it is the long reset, yes I know that's the way it's designed to function, the slide release must be used to chamber a round or it will malfunction(again the way it's designed) and empty mags not always dropping free.
I am in the process of testing a Glock 43 to see if it will take the Kahrs place(so far so good, but not enough rounds fired)
I've tryed others none have ousted the Kahr from its BUG duties yet, but the Glock just may although it is a little bigger then the Kahr it's still small enough to work. Unlike the Shield, just too big.
Don't think I'll ever buy another Kahr, but my PM9 has been a darn good gun.

oldtexan
08-13-15, 09:24
I have had two K9 and a TP9, and have a PM9. Like Will Brink said, when the Kahr first appeared, there was no other 9mm as small.

The PM9, which I've had for about a decade, has about 2500 rds through it, had to go back to Kahr to fix a barrel peening issue at about 1700 rds. They put a new top end on it, free of charge. The problem hasn't resurfaced. The gun needs a new recoil spring assembly about every 750-1000 rds or it starts having failure to return to battery issues. I keep it because I can carry it (in a holster)in a suit pants pocket, unlike my other guns.

The K9s and TP9 never got above about 1200 rds before I sold them off. They had stoppages every 500-600 rds or so.