PDA

View Full Version : Certified Mail

No Bananas
07-17-08, 16:41
Do you guys typically send your paperwork into the BATFE by certified mail or by other means providing you a receipt (Fed-Ex, UPS, DHL, etc.)?

RD62
07-17-08, 18:14
I just mailed mine.

-RD62

Azrael2004
07-17-08, 18:53
I send mine with Signature confirmation. It's cheaper than certified and you get an email with a scanned copy of the signature.
Cheap way to know that they got it and when.

twodollarbill
07-17-08, 20:59
All I want to know is that it got there.
Delivery Confirmation is just 65 cents....

Tom_Jones
07-17-08, 21:32
deleted

LonghunterCO
07-17-08, 23:17
However, the clerk at my local PO told me that I needed to send it via Priority Mail (for another $4 or $5) or the envelope needed to be at least 3/4" thick (and suggested I stuff the envelope with tissue) in order to be able to use the delivery confirmation.

Is that a joke? Tell me that this was a joke?

Tom_Jones
07-17-08, 23:28
deleted

twodollarbill
07-18-08, 10:58
$4.80 for the Priority and $.65 for Delivery Confirmation.
$5.45 for peace of mind that it got there....I can live with that.

No Bananas
07-18-08, 14:29
Yeah, that ain't bad. I just want to know that it is there. Then I can wait without wondering. I think it's probably best for us NOT to call the ATF branch and ask the examiners if it got there and how long it's gonna take. This way they don't have to be disrupted with looking for this stuff and they can just focus on processing the forms.

robbf213
07-18-08, 22:57
USPS express mail. The sooner it gets there the better!

Falboy
07-19-08, 20:45
Got confirmation yesterday mine was recieved the 15th......... Yea, good feeling!

PPGMD
07-19-08, 22:18
I send it priority mail, about a $5 more when you factor in the increased mailing cost of a larger mailer due to the width because of the trust. If you send it using click and ship you get free delivery confirmation.

chadbag
07-20-08, 01:33
However, the clerk at my local PO told me that I needed to send it via Priority Mail (for another $4 or $5) or the envelope needed to be at least 3/4" thick (and suggested I stuff the envelope with tissue) in order to be able to use the delivery confirmation.

Is that a joke? Tell me that this was a joke?

The reason it has to be at least 3/4" thick is that it is then considered a parcel (for First Class Mail). All Priority Mail is considered a "parcel".

The delivery confirmation for first class mail is called "certified mail" unless it is a parcel in which case you can use the Delivery Confirmation label.

Kind of confusing and stupid. I know more than some of the local PO employees about some of this stuff -- they say that not me -- since I ship stuff out almost daily and have been doing so for several years.

I once was trying to trap a bank that was holding payments a few days until after the due date and then applying them. I sent the checks in with Delivery Confirmation by just sticking in a packing peanut or two in the envelope. It only needs to be 3/4" thick at one point. Of course, every time I sent in a check with the Delivery Confirmation the payments would post immediately. But when I did it without, they were delayed again...

Chad

LonghunterCO
07-20-08, 15:06
The reason it has to be at least 3/4" thick is that it is then considered a parcel (for First Class Mail). All Priority Mail is considered a "parcel".

The delivery confirmation for first class mail is called "certified mail" unless it is a parcel in which case you can use the Delivery Confirmation label.

Kind of confusing and stupid.

Chad

You know I read stuff like this and the first thing that comes to mind is all the people that want the government to run healthcare.

thanks for the clarifiaction Chad.