PDA

View Full Version : West Point 3 gun match

Stretz Tactical Inc
07-17-08, 17:25
Does anyone know if The combat weapons team at West Point is going to have the 3rd annual 3 gun shoot this year? I see Bruce Piatt has it listed on his website calendar, but no date.

Robb Jensen
07-17-08, 17:57
I don't know.

I was squadded with Bruce Piatt at the Area 8 3gun. He's a real nice down to earth guy and one hell of a iron sight shooter. He was shooting Limited (irons on rifle) and smoked me on the 200yd rifle only stage and I was using a 1.5-5x scope at 5x (I placed 8th on that stage of just over 100 shooters).

Stretz Tactical Inc
07-23-08, 19:40
I don't know.

I was squadded with Bruce Piatt at the Area 8 3gun. He's a real nice down to earth guy and one hell of a iron sight shooter. He was shooting Limited (irons on rifle) and smoked me on the 200yd rifle only stage and I was using a 1.5-5x scope at 5x (I placed 8th on that stage of just over 100 shooters).

Bruce is a nice guy and an awsome shooter. I met him at the West point match last year and then sat next to him the following month at the Colt Armorers course.

He was wacking the 200 yard plates with irons at West point also. A lot of us were having problems seeing the target do to the sun. The target didn't have much white paint left on it to contrast with your sights. Bruce came to that stage and asked them to repaint the target with white spray paint and that made some difference for the rest of the shooters.

novashooter
07-29-08, 20:34
Bueller Bueller??

Anyone Anyone??

Noboday has information on this match? I am looking to shoot another east coast 3G this year as I already missed Blue Ridge Mountain and Area 8 becausae of my crappy work schedule!!

Stretz Tactical Inc
01-08-09, 16:38
4/25 and 26 2009, 2 gun only this year

http://www.usma.edu/dmi/3-gun_match.htm#FAQs

R1pper
01-08-09, 18:51
I may actaully try and make this, sopunds like it wold be a great couple of days.

-DM-

ToddG
01-08-09, 19:52
The Combat Weapons Team up at West Point is an absolutely outstanding group of soldiers. I've taught up there a couple of times (and hopefully again this year) and without doubt they're the hardest working and most disciplined group I've ever seen on the range.

In one of the classes, there was a cadet who'd suffered an AD previously in the year. To stay on the team, he was required to attend all training (including outside classes like mine) with a dry gun. Yes, he went to the class (taught by Rich Verdi and me) with an empty gun and did every single drill with an empty gun all day long. Whereas most people would be humiliated (Rich and I both agreed we would have been!), this young gentlemen was 100% professional and did whatever was necessary to make up for his brief mistake.

I just can't say enough about the West Point team. Especially since they manage so well with a coach who is a known Ninja High School dropout with an unhealthy love for gerbils. :p (kidding ... Joe is awesome and dedicates a lot of time and effort into the team)

sjc3081
01-09-09, 06:23
Thanks I live 30 minutes from West Point If you need a Hotel Check in Fishkill NY 12524, 30 minutes away, many hotels.

rgrwilcox
01-09-09, 19:52
The CWT was, without question, the best part of my experience at USMA. Everyone on the team undergoes a day long physical selection, followed by a board. The Academy does not provide time for the cadets on the team, all of their activities are on the cadets' own time. There are some teams at USMA that are permitted to miss drill, intramurals and other mandatory events in order to attend their teams' practice. For some reason this is not the case with the CWT...despite the team being the only folks on campus actively training for combat on a regular basis.

A man or woman who is fortunate enough to be on the CWT will get to shoot with the likes of Todd, Bruce Piatt, various LE and Mil organizations and once in a while folks from the firearms industry.

Of all the things I learned at USMA, the only thing I learned there that DIRECTLY saved the lives of some of my soldiers, and ended the lives of insurgents, were things I learned on the CWT.