PDA

View Full Version : Spitfire 1X

ruchik
06-08-15, 02:05
Does anyone know if the Spitfire 1X is a true 1X optic? Or does it have some slight magnification, like 1.1X, similar to how a variable optic on its lowest setting would be?

mike240
06-08-15, 03:07
Not sure if it a slight magnification or a slight fish eye on the edges. It's not enough to really matter much. I see the same from the Leupold Prismatic. The advantage it offers depends upon your vision and shooting needs. If you will be shooting handgun irons and want an optic on the rifle AND require a Rx lens for you dominate eye to see the pistols front sight, AND that Rx causes and Aimpoint or other red dot to distort badly; then a prism scope of some kind allows you to make the rifle reticle clear by dialing the ocular lens, and have clear pistols sights. The eye relief is not unlimited though like with an Aimpoint.

If another half pound or so is okay you might as well just use a 1-4.....

The guys I know that use a prism type 1x optic do not do it by preference but do it out of need.

GH41
06-08-15, 07:05
"If another half pound or so is okay you might as well just use a 1-4"

I agree with Mike but not with the weight. The Leupold VXR series weighs the same as the Spitfire. 11 1/2 ounces. An AP mount will add less than 3 more.

IOwnAGun
06-11-15, 21:18
It's not magnified so it's true 1x

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

ColtSeavers
06-18-15, 10:26
Threadjack

Anyone know of what QD mount options there are for the spitfire 1x?

Is it compatible with the ADM B3 mount?

IOwnAGun
06-18-15, 11:14
Aren't they the same as the T1 mounts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

ColtSeavers
06-18-15, 14:20
From eyeballing pictures and reading what I can, I am under the belief that it is the same mounting style as ACOGs, Burris Ar332&536 prisms, Vortex spitfire 3x and Primary Arms prisms.

However, as I have yet to be able to handle one in real life, I am unsure and still searching for an answer from someone that knows.

Buris also makes an AR1x prism scope, but from what i have read and eyeballed in pictures, it is not possible to switch out the base for a QD mount as it is integral. At best you would have to mount the unit onto a QD rail section and then onto your rifle, which is a complete no go for me along with the reticle as the push button operation.

ColtSeavers
07-08-15, 01:02
Ordered a Vortex Spitfire 1x for myself over the weekend. Arrived today. After unwrapping it and handling it for a second or two I immediately set out to find out if it will fit in an American Defense B3 QD mount. It does not, at least not properly. HOWEVER, ADM makes a dedicated QD mount for it found below:

https://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/view/product/1139/