PDA

View Full Version : When guns are banned, only criminals will have SUVs

vicious_cb
06-11-15, 11:35
https://gma.yahoo.com/suv-plows-students-washington-2-killed-083456334--abc-news-topstories.html

An SUV plowed into a group of students walking near their high school Wednesday, killing two of the students and leaving two others with serious injuries, the Washington State Patrol said.

The accident happened at about 1:40 p.m. Wednesday in Ferndale, a few blocks away from Windward High School. A group of 30 students and a teacher from a gym class were walking when the accident happened.

Shane Ormiston, 18, and Gabriel Anderson, 15, both of Ferndale, were killed, the State Patrol said. The injured students are 17 years old.

The driver -- identified as William Klein of Bellingham -- was arrested and charged with two counts of vehicular homicide and two counts of vehicular assault, Washington State Patrol Trooper Mark Francis said.

Shelley Hardt was working nearby when the crash occurred.

"Just heard just the worst yell -- just, 'No! No! No!'" Hardt told ABC affiliate KOMO-TV. "You knew that something really, really bad had happened. So I ran outside as fast as I could."

The teacher was distraught, Hardt said.

"He was very, very upset and crying and walking around. I don't think he knew what to do. I don't think anybody knew what to do," she told KOMO-TV.

The Ferndale School District released a statement as information emerged about the accident.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with Shane and Gabriel, and their families. We also offer condolences to all the Windward High students and staff,” the statement reads.

A community gathering was organized in the hours following the accident, and a candlelight vigil is scheduled for Saturday. Additionally, counselors will be available at the school.

The investigation into the crash is ongoing.

Obviously we need to reasonably restrict the use of SUVs, increase the background checks required to own a SUV. We also need to ban the sale of "assault SUVs" like jeeps and range rovers, your average american has no use for vehicles with such off road capability when driving on city streets.

Vandal
06-11-15, 11:54
I agree, only cops and the military should be able to have SUVs, but they have to be different. Cops can't have militarized SUVs. /sarcasm

I am curious as to why Klein drove into the kids, motive behind crimes has always intrigued me.

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-11-15, 13:13
Those charges seem to imply it was intentional? Unless he was drunk?

SilverBullet432
06-11-15, 14:08
Agreed. Any vehicle with a capacity of 5+ needs to be heavily regulated. Your average american has NO need for a high-capacity SUV and any new purchases will need to be registered and the owner should have a good enough reason why they need such a large vehicle. :sarcastic:

HD1911
06-11-15, 14:34
Agreed. Any vehicle with a capacity of 5+ needs to be heavily regulated. Your average american has NO need for a high-capacity SUV and any new purchases will need to be registered and the owner should have a good enough reason why they need such a large vehicle. :sarcastic:

I also propose having to pay a $200 Tax Stamp on them as well... that is, if you're fortunate enough to be given the Green Light to own one of those Evil Rigs.

nate89
06-11-15, 15:09
I also propose having to pay a $200 Tax Stamp on them as well... that is, if you're fortunate enough to be given the Green Lights to own one of those Evil Rigs.

$200 stamp should only be for mini coopers or other more concealable vehicles. It would also apply for high performance mufflers and exhaust systems.

SomeOtherGuy
06-11-15, 16:18

Also, buses are too dangerous to be in private hands or even under local control. From now on, all buses must be owned by the Federal government, and can only be used by state or local agencies while under direct supervision of a federal bus agent.

$200 stamp should only be for mini coopers or other more concealable vehicles. It would also apply for high performance mufflers and exhaust systems.

And you'll need four stamps for a Toyota Prius, since it's so dang quiet and doesn't use (as much) gas. Only criminals or elite govt agents have any business driving one of those.

Moral of the story kids - if your vehicle is too large, too small, too loud, too quiet, too powerful, or too weak, it's inherently evil and must be banned.

docsherm
06-11-15, 16:19
This is both sick and tragic, but I have a question.

Does this mean that I can't drive my wife's SUV in a school zone anymore?

HD1911
06-11-15, 16:20
Does this mean that I can't drive my wife's SUV in a school zone anymore?

I would rather be safe, than sorry....

Leaveammoforme
06-11-15, 16:50
Bad situation that could have been avoided if schools/parents still taught kids useful information.

My 3rd grade class was going on a field trip to a park down the road. Teacher told us we were going to walk against traffic so we could see what was going on. I remembered my Dad saying the same thing prior that day. Simple, nobody got ran over.

Why is ethnicity not the center of this story?

TacticalMark
06-11-15, 17:31
I agree, only cops and the military should be able to have SUVs, but they have to be different. Cops can't have militarized SUVs. /sarcasm

I am curious as to why Klein drove into the kids, motive behind crimes has always intrigued me. Local news said that LEO thought the driver was under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Sad story for sure.

Sensei
06-11-15, 22:06
Am I the only person around here that thinks that the firearms community should stop trying to use gun-vehicle metaphors (or gun-any other object metaphors / hyperbole for that matter) to try and prove a point?

This tactic can only harm the 2nd Amendment cause.

Vandal
06-11-15, 23:03
I won't speak for others on the forum but I use those metaphors to emphasis how ridiculous the anti-gunners' statements are when they talk about banning something potentially dangerous.

jpmuscle
06-11-15, 23:06
Perhaps, if one drives a Prius?

Moose-Knuckle
06-12-15, 00:23
Hey they're even the weapon of choice for Hip-Hop moguls . . .

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-0130-suge-knight-20150130-story.html

MorphCross
06-12-15, 01:02
Am I the only person around here that thinks that the firearms community should stop trying to use gun-vehicle metaphors (or gun-any other object metaphors / hyperbole for that matter) to try and prove a point?

This tactic can only harm the 2nd Amendment cause.

No, you aren't the only person. Homicide is homicide no matter what is done to facilitate it. I personally hate that the media refers to stories such as the one above as an accident. It was a willful decision that led the driver to get behind the wheel in a compromised state. An accident occurs beyond the control of all parties directly involved.