PDA

View Full Version : Eurodriver's Epic Road Trip of Awesomeness and Terribleness

Eurodriver
06-14-15, 12:52
Road trip deleted due to privacy concerns of buddy's.

Outlander Systems
06-14-15, 13:26
Rollicking good times, no doubt.

I love that #Secede billboard. I always see it on my way back from visiting my peeps near Ocala.

And big LOLZ @ the Clermont.

I MAY have you beat. I picked up a 73 Nova with a new 406 motor in summer 2013 as a project car. Basically, it ran, and had a body. The interior was gutted. There were obscenely loud longtube turndowns on it. It got about 6-7 mpg.

The kicker? Radiator shit the bed, and I had to turn the heat on to get it to keep from overheating. It was hellacious. If I was moving, I could lose the heat. Stop n go Atlanta traffic? Holy shit. I feel your pain, broski.

MountainRaven
06-14-15, 16:12
White is a boring color, but that Lambo looks pretty sexy.

How many people were you hauling north and how many people did you haul back south? Weight might play a factor, here.

SteyrAUG
06-14-15, 16:20
Miami can be fun to visit (unless the Hip Hop festival is imminent or going on), but you really wouldn't want to live there.

lunchbox
06-14-15, 17:03
Bro trips are the best.

Outlander Systems
06-14-15, 17:27
Bro trips are the best.

Especially with, literally, half-naked Venezuelan chicks.

MegademiC
06-14-15, 19:07
Awesome trip and good job documenting so you can share it when you're 80! I've done the same with great trips.

Fwiw, the only people who talk up German engineering are Germans IME. I've been less than impressed with their industrial products.

jpmuscle
06-14-15, 19:17
Alternative sleeping arrangements... winning.

MBtech
06-14-15, 19:25
Looks like an awesome bro trip. Even those Euro cars need some TLC once in a while, never fails it's always bad timing when something breaks. It's kept me employed and making a living for 15 years though :)

eodinert
06-14-15, 21:45
Half-naked Venezuelan chick pic fail.

mtdawg169
06-14-15, 22:01
Lunch in Barnesville, dinner at the Vortex, nightcaps at the Clermont, broiling heat and I75 traffic? Yep, you got the full-on Georgia experience! Sounds like a great trip man.

Moose-Knuckle
06-15-15, 01:55
No nymphomaniacal feminist?!

Averageman
06-15-15, 06:32
Cool Trip.

williejc
06-15-15, 20:35
E. was having too much fun. It ain't good for him.

drsal
06-15-15, 21:07
Miami can be fun to visit (unless the Hip Hop festival is imminent or going on), but you really wouldn't want to live there.

Not true! I live at the Continuum on South Beach, and it's great year round except for hiphop weekend. I do spend Memorial Day weekend in the suburbs though !

Eurodriver
06-16-15, 05:56
E. was having too much fun. It ain't good for him.

It really isn't...

Not true! I live at the Continuum on South Beach, and it's great year round except for hiphop weekend. I do spend Memorial Day weekend in the suburbs though !

Well, shit man! If I lived at the Continuum I would have a good time year round, too! :cool:

No nymphomaniacal feminist?!

Not on this trip. Business women and Latinas only.

Lunch in Barnesville, dinner at the Vortex, nightcaps at the Clermont, broiling heat and I75 traffic? Yep, you got the full-on Georgia experience! Sounds like a great trip man.

Thanks! It really was an all around experience of GA. I didn't see the coast or the mountains (But I've been to both places already) but I got a pretty good mix I feel like.

Half-naked Venezuelan chick pic fail.

I had to ask around for this...it's the only one where they are clothed (Well, one of them)

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w521/6234987u02/IMG_3015_zpszwhwfzyv.jpg

Looks like an awesome bro trip. Even those Euro cars need some TLC once in a while, never fails it's always bad timing when something breaks. It's kept me employed and making a living for 15 years though :)

I'm taking it to MB in about an hour. I'll be sure to let you know how far I have to bend over ;)

Disagree, to an extent! I would love to live in Coral Gables, or even as far north as WPB and just commute. Wouldn't want to live in downtown Miami proper, but me gusta Habana pequeno.

White is a boring color, but that Lambo looks pretty sexy.

How many people were you hauling north and how many people did you haul back south? Weight might play a factor, here.

Who am I kidding? Of course the lambo looks sexy lol.

North of Orlando and back was just me and one buddy. But when the A/C broke it was 3:00pm, 100*F and I had 5 people in the car plus luggage in the trunk.

Rollicking good times, no doubt.

I love that #Secede billboard. I always see it on my way back from visiting my peeps near Ocala.

And big LOLZ @ the Clermont.

I MAY have you beat. I picked up a 73 Nova with a new 406 motor in summer 2013 as a project car. Basically, it ran, and had a body. The interior was gutted. There were obscenely loud longtube turndowns on it. It got about 6-7 mpg.

The kicker? Radiator shit the bed, and I had to turn the heat on to get it to keep from overheating. It was hellacious. If I was moving, I could lose the heat. Stop n go Atlanta traffic? Holy shit. I feel your pain, broski.

Couldn't do it man. Or rather, wouldn't. If I had to have the heat on I would have left the car at a MB in ATL and just flew home and back to get it the following weekend.

Eurodriver
06-16-15, 17:24
MB quoted me $2250 to fix the AC.

May have to dump the car or make it a winter only whip.

SteyrAUG
06-16-15, 18:30

You pay for certain cars twice. Once when you buy it, and again in maintenance.

Be glad you don't own that Lambo.

MBtech
06-16-15, 18:41

So what was the diagnosis? What was the necessary parts and prices and labor hours/price if you don't mind me asking.

Eurodriver
06-17-15, 06:24
You pay for certain cars twice. Once when you buy it, and again in maintenance.

Be glad you don't own that Lambo.

That lambo probably gets 2,000 miles a year, though ;)

So what was the diagnosis? What was the necessary parts and prices and labor hours/price if you don't mind me asking.

Compressor failed internally and sent metal bits and pieces throughout the A/C system. He listed the parts, but I don't have time. It's like compressor, expansion valve, accumulator, evaporator ? maybe? I did not get anything in writing because the advisor had left by the time I picked it back up, but I have his voicemail and he went into pretty good detail if you want actual info.

The $2250 was with a 10% .mil discount, by the way.

MBtech
06-17-15, 18:39
Damn, yea when it contaminates the system with metal debris the bill goes up considerably. But you got lucky on your trip though other than no cold air. I couldn't tell you how many I've had come in on a tow truck with the compressor pulley locked up and a broken serpentine belt.