PDA

View Full Version : MAST Solutions Houston, TX -August 2nd 3rd 2008 - LE and Agency

MAST Solutions
07-18-08, 15:38
MAST™ Solutions has scheduled a LE Advanced Carbine Class. Individuals from a variety of Departments have spearheaded a two day course.

This will be held at the premier outdoor range in Houston. ASC at a minimum has the ability to provide all amenities, parking, privacy, vehicle drill driving (paved open roadway), and location. This class is designed around Advanced Patrol Carbine thus from 200m to 15m.

MAST™ Solutions has incorporated Casualty Care / Immediate Responder to our advanced curriculum. If you carry a med kit bring it. If you don’t, at the end of class you will have one. MAST™ Solutions will be bringing additional items for you to T&E.

If you have questions please let the MAST™ team know and thank you in advance. The curriculum will be provided upon request.

Dates: 2nd, 3rd August 2008
Location: American Shooting Center, for directions refer to http://www.amshootcenters.com/index.php?page_id=2
COST: $325.00

You must be Patrol Carbine Qualified through your department.

BRING:

A sense of humor, an open mind and a willingness to learn
Your duty belt, a Patrol Car for “vehicle drills.” We will have a Crown Vic there as well
Carbine sling is helpful for transition drills but optional
Weapon mounted light is optional
handheld light
Minimum of 6 magazines for Carbine
Minimum of 4 magazines for handgun
Cleaning kit
Water or other hydration (pro shop on site has Gatorade and etcetera)
knee and elbow pads are optional
Ammo for your primary and secondary

Please respond to pre-register ASA you can. We have a maximum limit of 16 officers for this training.

Best,

MB
MAST™ Solutions
http://www.mastsolutions.com

mainline007
07-26-08, 23:46
Looks like a great class. I hope to make it. I will let you know.

MAST Solutions
08-04-08, 13:18
Looks like a great class. I hope to make it. I will let you know.

Great Class! Hope you enjoyed it and learned some new skill sets.

Everyone's deployment speed from the squad car (lights up) to stop, proper concealment to trunk, deployment of the gear and carbine...times increased every run. From the above mentioned through engagement, advance forward (four barricades, six targets) to transition left side (fourth barricade): best time start to finish was completed in 37 seconds (18 rounds AR).

Low light to no light tactics was great. Day one began at 0800 and completed at 2130! All preformed and improved 100% from the first evolution day one through the last evolution day two! :D

See you all next time. :)

I know that the Sarg is trying to set up another for cross-division training.

MB
MAST Solutions
www.mastsolutions.com
(http://www.mastsolutions.com)

JAW3
08-05-08, 15:48
I'm going to cheat and copy my comments from another forum.

This class was amazing! The only down side was that so many people canceled at the last minute. I will be sure to let them all know what they missed. The volume of information was huge and the curriculum was constantly adapted to fit the situation. Even the extreme heat and humidity were used as a training opportunity. By day two I had learned several techniques to minimize the physical impact of the heat. If you work in law enforcement in this part of the country you NEED to know what this class teaches you about your physical limitations and how to optimize your performance in demanding conditions. I will make sure to attend more training this winter and learn more about working in cold weather.

I also learned what gear could stand a torture test under the conditions I'm likely to face at work and what could not. If you attend one of these classes be prepared to throw away anything that does not work no matter how much it cost. I was not only rearranging equipment, I was literally cutting some of it apart and putting it back together by the end of day one.

I firmly believe that what I have learned drastically increases my chances of, not only surviving, but winning in an absolute worst case scenario.

Jim Welborn

Tyr
08-05-08, 20:42
Kinsmen,
Know this. The carbine class that Mast Solutions president Matthew Brockman put on was nothing short of amazing! From evolution 1 day 1, I was baptized into the fray of excellent instruction and precise points of teaching and critique were beyond all I was expecting. The men I was in class with were all knowledgeable in thier respective areas of LE, Advanced Tactics, Medical, and weaponry. This was a very VERY good class and I recommend to anyone that can attend to do so. Instructor Brockmans team of shooter/instructors were all at an arms length away at all times to maintain positve teaching and control over all movements. I learned and retained more in this two-day class than I have in years of street LE. Mast Solutions is the way to go for your training needs.

Tyr

mainline007
08-07-08, 00:41
This was one hell of a class!!!Day one started off at 0800 with drills to check everyones skill levels and built from there. Each drill built into the next and was presented in such away to build skills and confidence for the next and so on. Lunch and breaks were well thought out to be utilized as training aids with Bill the medic providing information on med kits, first responders casualty care with real life experiences. After dinner we started the low light training with differnt lights, and lighting techniques by the time it got dark everyone was up to speed with the various ways to light up the night to identify and engage their targets with success. Day one ended about 2130.

Day two started with a refresher from day one and moved on from there with team entery techneques, proper barricade movement and engageng multiple targets by the end of day two the vehicle drills were a combination of all things learned. I am looking forward to more from MAST. Let us know about the BYOB class and scheduling.

MAST Solutions
08-13-08, 18:57
To all;

It was a pleasure to have a great group of professional individuals taking training seriously. I cannot tell you how pleased the MAST Solutions team and our many partners were of this event.

Who has the infamous shirt?? ;)

Be safe out there and best to all from the MAST Team.

MB
MAST Solutions

JAW3
08-14-08, 09:05
We thought you had the shirt. No one could find it when we all packed up to leave.

Sig247365
08-14-08, 09:08
Not sure what else I can say about this class that has not already been said by my classmates. The curriculum was intense, the exercises and drills were designed to not only make us more precise shots but also designed to "force' us to think on the fly. When your advancing on an "enemy" and all of a sudden one of your guys gets tapped and told that he's just been shot, the ballgame changes from an assault to a recovery operation. The fact that we had to not only make our hits, but be able to improvise, adapt, and overcome whatever situation came our way made this a simply phenomenal class. Normally when your faced with these kinds of scenarios its after you've already entered a building and your standing there looking down at your wounded guy and thinking "oh $%&# what do I do now?"

Tiring, intense, and 110% worth the time and energy put into it. I probably learned more in 48hrs with MAST then through the entire weapon qual courses through any academy.

If anyone out there wants to be serious about their craft and learn some real world skills/mindsets that could save you in a crunch, you guys should definitely check out Matt and his crew. They are, simply put, professionals.

Good 2 go

~Will

Sig247365
08-14-08, 09:10
We thought you had the shirt. No one could find it when we all packed up to leave.

Yeah thought you had the shirt too Matt! Guess it went MIA on us.

big 54r
08-14-08, 19:00
Matt the Mast training looks awesome and I can't wait to get into one of your pistol or carbine courses since you are so close to me, it will definitely cut down on travel and way more convenient to get to being as i'm on the "Island".

I have already shot at ASC and know their facilities to be excellent and only an hour away!

MAST Solutions
08-16-08, 19:53
Matt the Mast training looks awesome and I can't wait to get into one of your pistol or carbine courses since you are so close to me, it will definitely cut down on travel and way more convenient to get to being as i'm on the "Island".

I have already shot at ASC and know their facilities to be excellent and only an hour away!

The MAST Team would love to have you at our events. ;)

Please let us know if you have questions or concerns. Thank you in advance.

Best,

MB
MAST Solutions

MAST Solutions
08-26-08, 15:32
Yeah thought you had the shirt too Matt! Guess it went MIA on us.

Found the SHIRT!!! :)

Sorry...was in gear bag-

MB
MAST Solutions