PDA

View Full Version : A few items to keep in mind buying a Trijicon ACOG

rifleshooter
07-18-08, 17:07
Many online sellers of the Trijicon ACOGs will strip the box of the mount and the soft slip on cover also the lens cleaning pen. And try charging you for the items extra that should be in the box already. Some will even try charging extra for the plastic box.

Buy from a trusted vendor check them out really good as many small vendors don't have any ACOG stock they show on their web site. They just order when you place your order and they charge your credit card. Then you wait and wait.

So ask just what items come with the ACOG. Get a quote in writing and make sure they do have the product in stock when you place your order.;)

rob_s
07-18-08, 17:09
Some dirty bastard ADDED a mount to the order when I bought my TA33R-8! and the sorry so-and-so didn't charge me shipping either!

Some people have a lot of nerv!
;)

bullitt5172
07-18-08, 18:20
Many online sellers of the Trijicon ACOGs will strip the box of the mount and the soft slip on cover also the lens cleaning pen. And try charging you for the items extra that should be in the box already. Some will even try charging extra for the plastic box.

Buy from a trusted vendor check them out really good as many small vendors don't have any ACOG stock they show on their web site. They just order when you place your order and they charge your credit card. Then you wait and wait.

So ask just what items come with the ACOG. Get a quote in writing and make sure they do have the product in stock when you place your order.;)

Where did you buy your ACOG from that stole your extra's? I'd like to follow up on that one....:mad:

eightmillimeter
07-18-08, 18:22
Some dirty bastard ADDED a mount to the order when I bought my TA33R-8! and the sorry so-and-so didn't charge me shipping either!

Some people have a lot of nerv!
;)

How do you like that 3x30? I just got mine zeroed and I friggin love it. Aimpoints will always have a place but I will keep that scope until I die.

What vendors are selling the ACOG's with the included accessories not included? That's disturbing.

Bat Guano
07-18-08, 20:50
Not to hijack anything, but I recently got the TA33 3x30 with amber chevron for 7.62. It's on an SEI ACOG-compatable mount on an M1A I have been shooting for 10 years now. Other than getting the mount system squared away (SEI had to machine and modify a locator rib on the mount for my rifle) I knew about what to expect. I have been using a TA45 on an M4gery for about a year now.

Zeroed the scope for 25 and 100, have used it out to 300 with match loads. Looks like it is a winner. The mount and scope added just about a pound to the rifle, which brings it loaded with sling to about 13 pounds now.

My usual target is a well camouflaged "E" target, very hard to see against the background at 300. However the scope picks it out of the background easily. The tip of the 300 yard stadia post is sometimes hard to see so I sometimes use the chevron with a higher hold which gets the hits.

Have only had this rig out and working twice now but needless to say iron sight issues are a thing of the past. Between this and the TA45 I am thoroughly spoiled and intend to stay that way. Beer and ACOGs are proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy--and safe. :D

twodollarbill
07-18-08, 21:47
I really liked the 3x of the TA33R-8, because I found it easier to swing onto target.
But, I went with the TA-31F over the TA33R-8. The Red Chevron of the TA-31F was larger and easier for me to focus on......but that's just me.