PDA

View Full Version : Combat focused Semi-Auto Rifle class in NC

J.Boyette
07-18-08, 21:52
Class room from 4:00pm to 8:00pm Friday night 29 Aug 08

Range location: Caswell NC Range 30 and 31 Aug 08

Cost $275 per person. 50% discount with current Military or L.E.O. I.D.

50% deposit to get your name on the list

Ask for a sign up sheet @ john.boyette@marksmanshiptraining.com

Class size between 4 and 16 people.

Outline:

This block of instruction is a test of your skill and ability to employ a Semi-auto rifle from 5 yards to 500yds. This class will include parts of the I.M.T. LLC. CQB Carbine, Intermediate Level Precision Rifle and the Designated Marksman class; this is NOT a beginner level class.

The goal of this class is to instruct a student to combine the usage of a semi auto rifle from 5yds to 500yds. This class is the one a Soldier, a Police officer, a student of the art has wanted for a long time. We will test you and your equipment.

This block of instruction will include, but is not limited too:
Walking not to exceed 300yds, jogging not to exceed 200yds, over uneven dirt roads / fields.

Rifle ZERO
Sight aliment / sight picture
Trigger control / trigger reset
Controlled pairs
Ready up drills
Control aimed fire
Vehicle reaction drills
Mutable targets engaged at unknown ranges
Movement as an individual and buddy team
Buddy team, and muti-buddy team coordinated fire drills
Overwatch drills
Un-supported precision fire drills
Supported precision fire drills

This is a one gun class, you can bring a back up, but the goal is to run what you have, find its limits and master your rifle. This is not a BOLT GUN COURSE Please understand this.
Equipment:

Any Semi-Auto rifle that is 1.5 MOA or better @ 100yds .223/5.56, 7.62x39, .308 ONLY. We will shoot groups at the start of the class. If your rifle can not hold 1.5 inches at 100yds you can not use that rifle / ammo combo. Sorry but the range requires bullets to on target not in la-la land.
200 rounds of ammunition for CQB drills and 150 rounds for precision fire. NO GREEN TIP 5.56mm or any ammunition that can destroy steel targets.
This means that an AR-15 can have 200rounds of 55grn and 150 rounds of 69 grn. Or a M-14 can have 200 rounds 147grn and 150 rounds of 168grn ammunition
A Web harness that carries you mags and water
An aiming devise that works at all ranges 5-500yds.
Clothing that will protect your body from the sun, and dirt
Knee and elbow pads
Boots- no running shoes
Water devise that holds 2 quarts or more water
Lunch
Pencil or pen with paper
Cleaning rod with cleaning material
Minimum of five (5) mags per-rifle. I would ask you to bring as many as you have. There will be a lot of shooting. 5, 10, 20, 30 rounds capacity, I do not care.

Guys, if you have participated in any CQB rifle or precision rifle matches, this class will combine both skills. This class will feel like half class and half match. This will be a non-stop, fun as hell class. We will run from sun up, to sun down, with limited breaks. On Sunday the class will be over at 3:00pm SHARP. So you all can drive home.

To gain experience, lying in the dirt, shooting holes in paper is not the way to go. Want a test of you and your equipment?

John

J.Boyette
07-23-08, 17:17
For every one that has contacted me thank you.

As soon as I get list started I will add up the student count and post them.

Also I am going to do certificates of training also for you all.

Thanks again guys.

John

J.Boyette
07-29-08, 19:29
Some questions have been brought up about this class I will do my best to cover them.

Your skill set:

Can you operate your rifle to 1.25 MOA accuracy at your home range? Can you move under your own ability? Can you operate with little guidance? Can you take a negative and learn from it? “ If you fail a drill and cry about it, this is not for you; but if you can learn from a failed dill and improve your ability this is your class”

Rifles:

A rifle and a sighting system you own is just fine. You do not need a HK 416 with a short dot to come to this class. You do need a rifle that has accuracy levels to engage targets that are as big as 2.5 MOA at all ranges. You might not need a M1A or a AR-10 with a bi-pod but a sling that works might help more.

Optics:

A optic that works in this class will be a optic that allows you to engage a target thats 2.5 MOA at unknown ranges and during a quick fire drill. A quick fire drill is when you have 14 targets from 0-500yds and a shot timer making you rush your shot. Do you hold? Do you dial? Do you wing it? Come out and find what works.

Gear:

If you are in the Military or a LEO I would advise you to bring your issued gear to this class. Yes not every one will be wearing the same thing. But the next time you employ these skills you will be wearing duty issued gear. Train as you fight!!

Hotels:

At this time I sent out a e-mail to all people that have asked about this class and I have set aside rooms for you all. If you want to come contact me I will send the e-mail to you and make this a one stop shop. I will do all the leg work.

Please ask away with any questions. I will promise you the team drills are alot of fun and you will learn alot.

John

J.Boyette
08-22-08, 16:44
Ok,

Class is full now, thank all of you.

Next, the three students that wanted me to do up the hotel rooms, they are done in your name at the Microtel under my CC.

Next, bring what ever equipment you want guys, I have extra from optics, to vests to slings.

If what you have does not work, I will have a filler to cover your equipment.

No issues there, People flying or not wanting to drive with ammo, or need to order some. you can drop ship it to the address you mailed your sign up sheets to and I will broing it to you on Friday nights class.

Any more qustions please post or e-mail me.

At this time I get home around 2300 every night for the last three weeks 7 days a week, so phone calls do not work real well.

Thanks alot guys we will learn and have a great time.

P.S

If you want to bring more ammunition please bring it if we do not shoot it all up you can take it home.

John