06-19-15, 07:14
http://i.imgur.com/4EnTb0Kl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/FaTlaH8l.jpg

Pros:
-break is clean
-pre-travel is almost 0
-reset is tactile and short

Cons:
-may need minor fitting (shown in the video)

Pro or con depending on whom you ask:
-Breaks under 3lbs

Here's the full video with some shooting, installation guide, and overall impressions of the trigger in action.

http://youtu.be/Lg-7NpNBS04

cynical
06-19-15, 08:31
Thanks a lot for the detailed review! I admit, I usually don't watch video reviews, I have the attention span of a fruit fly on crystal meth. But in this case, I really wanted the details, and I appreciate the effort. Bonus: now I know how to pronounce "Geissele" properly.

I've been pretty happy with the US trigger that Arsenal put in my milled Bulgarian, but at this price I may give it a try. It seems awfully light, especially with so little pre-travel, but it still sounds manageable. Having the option of NiB or Nickel-teflon sounds appealing, do you know when that will be announced?

Wake27
06-19-15, 10:01
Double.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wake27
06-19-15, 10:01
This plus an AES-10B might be awesome. I wish I bought one when they were like $650. Good review as always bud.

plouffedaddy
06-22-15, 09:26
This plus an AES-10B might be awesome. I wish I bought one when they were like $650. Good review as always bud.

Agreed there.

MountainRaven
06-22-15, 13:05
How's the trigger work with heavy winter gloves?

ETA: Related:

Geissele/ALG Defense AKT overview (at about 9:00 in we get a pretty good layman's technical discussion of the trigger's features):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=798&v=G0yO0KMBfVw

MountainRaven
06-22-15, 14:38
Also-also: The Geissele/ALG Defense AKT install video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TKfefE40l8

CrazyIrishman
06-22-15, 22:14
I've waited so long for these to come out, saw this on your page yesterday plouffedaddy since it was the first day in a LONG time I didn't have to work, and thought it was time turn the Ipad on to a vid or two and get some work done on the reloading bench. Saw this video right away and got all giggity inside. Can't wait for the UPS man to leave it at my door sometime in the near future. I was sold before the video, now I have a sneaking suspicion half my ak's will be sporting them. I bet I'm not the first to say this but I will any way. Damn you Plouffedaddy! first you post on the DDi aks now this...... my wallet wants you to know it loathes you ;)!!!! Seriously though thank you everybody for posting all the links above.some interesting technical discussion. Triggers on aks today are night and day compared to some that I shot almost 3 decades ago.

misfit47
06-26-15, 08:41
Very good news. I've wondered about these but not anymore. Will be ordering one soon for 922r compliance on a draco c I want to sbr.

w3453l
12-23-15, 20:31
Anyone know if ALG will be coming out with a two-stage trigger?

I'm looking to get some new triggers, and the only things that bother me about the ALG is the light pull weight and that it's a single stage.

Mrgunsngear
12-25-15, 04:32

I'm looking to get some new triggers, and the only things that bother me about the ALG is the light pull weight and that it's a single stage.

I don't know of any plans

RMiller
12-25-15, 08:31
I think I'm going to give this one a shot.

ArmsUnlimited
12-27-15, 14:13
Has anyone tried fitting one of these in a Galil?

I've got a bunch of them and was thinking of trying it in my Micro Galil but wondering if anyone has already tried this and could provide results

GlockSniper
01-04-16, 10:01

I am interested in knowing this myself. My buddies put the ALG triggers in their m92 and m85 pistols and they are way to light for my liking.

TacticalSledgehammer
01-06-16, 03:04
Mine wasn't resetting properly until I added some oil. Other than that it has been problem free in my mak-90. I really like it, and hope to see ALG make a flat trigger for ARs.

philcam
01-06-16, 07:44
G-N-G,

Does your Krebs 103 have the Krebs polished Tapco in it? If so how does the Krebs compare to the ALG?

mx5rcr
01-06-16, 08:11
I have one in my DDI. I had to use the roll pin so it wouldn't fire with the safety on. The pull weight was sub 3# initially. I used the aux spring and now it's right above 3#. I wouldn't mind a stiffer spring to get it about 4. I also had to file the back of the hammer so it would reliably disengage the disconnector. Now its' great. No creep or grit, short reset. I would recommend it as long as they understand there may be fitting required.

Mrgunsngear
01-06-16, 13:31
G-N-G,

Does your Krebs 103 have the Krebs polished Tapco in it? If so how does the Krebs compare to the ALG?

It does. Different animals all around. The ALG is dramatically shorter/lighter in both pull and reset

GlockSniper
01-06-16, 13:39
Do you guys feel the ALG is to light for a go to rifle for true fighting?

Mr blasty
01-06-16, 14:53

Most people don't realize just how light an AK trigger is normally. Long trigger pulls are what keep it safe.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

bigghoss
01-07-16, 03:39

It wouldn't be bad if it was a little heavier but you still need to have excellent trigger and muzzle discipline at all times anyway so I don't see it as a problem. I paired mine with a Kreb's saftey lever and a lot of practice.

w3453l
01-07-16, 21:36
Yeah I'm still going to wait until SHOT with the hopes of them coming out with at least a two stage trigger. If not I might go ahead and just try it out. All my AK's have two stage triggers except for one; it doesn't take too long for me to adapt from one to the other, but I can't say that I can go back to back without those first few initial shots being a little off.

Perhaps it's just a training issue, but I'd like to just have all the rifles set up as identically as possible. With that I just have a preference for two stage triggers.

GlockSniper
01-08-16, 05:44
Yeah I'm still going to wait until SHOT with the hopes of them coming out with at least a two stage trigger. If not I might go ahead and just try it out. All my AK's have two stage triggers except for one; it doesn't take too long for me to adapt from one to the other, but I can't say that I can go back to back without those first few initial shots being a little off.

Perhaps it's just a training issue, but I'd like to just have all the rifles set up as identically as possible. With that I just have a preference for two stage triggers.

I am the same way. I want all of my guns to be set up the same. sights, trigger feel, etc.

TacticalSledgehammer
01-09-16, 15:00
I'd like them to develop a trigger for the ar platform with a flat bow like this AKT.