PDA

View Full Version : How do I adjust rear sites

platinumdude
07-19-08, 18:24
I know this is a stupid question, and I am having trouble finding the right words to find in search. But I have a Noveske N4 LIght 16" rifle with a fixed front site and a flip-up rear site.

To adjust the rear site, if my shots are shooting to the right of the target, Do I then adjust the site to the left?

BC520
07-19-08, 18:37
I'm guessing that there is an arrow with a letter R or L on your rear sight. Rotate the dial in the direction you want the group to change following the letter that is shown. I don't want to confuse you, so it you don't have anything on your sight showing which way to move it, post back and additional info will be posted.

1 Source
07-19-08, 18:38
Short answer on sights:
Either adjust the front in the OPPOSITE direction you want the shots to move; as in you are shooting low so you move the front sight down.

Or you can adjust the rear in the direction that you want the shots to move; as in you are shooting right so you adjust your rear sight left.

Hope that helps.

LOKNLOD
07-19-08, 18:41
Yes. Move the rear aperature left to pull groups left, right to move groups right, up for up, down for down (although I think the rear flip is windage only).

The front sight will be opposite. Down for up, up for down.

platinumdude
07-19-08, 18:44
Thanks. Yes this helps. I finally had a chance to really fire my rife. But I didn't use bags so I wasn't able to adjust good. Next week I will keep the rifle secure and adjust the sights. This is only for 25 yards and I need to go to an outdoor range, plus get some new prescription add-ons for my large goggles.

platinumdude
07-19-08, 18:46
Yes. Move the rear aperature left to pull groups left, right to move groups right, up for up, down for down (although I think the rear flip is windage only).

The front sight will be opposite. Down for up, up for down.

Thanks for that tip. I wasn't thinking it through and was doing the opposite.