PDA

View Full Version : Battle Arms Development - .625 Ti gas block

JasonDTM
06-27-15, 19:57
Searched and did not see a thread on this, 6 grams lighter than a v7 which I guess is it's direct competitor.

https://www.battlearmsdevelopment.com/bad-lgb-ti-625-lightweight-titanium-gas-block-625-dia-raw-ti-finish

wdigeorge
06-28-15, 11:28
Searched and did not see a thread on this, 6 grams lighter than a v7 which I guess is it's direct competitor.

https://www.battlearmsdevelopment.com/bad-lgb-ti-625-lightweight-titanium-gas-block-625-dia-raw-ti-finish

What information would you like? The Lightweight, Lo-Pro, Grade 5 Titanium Gas Block (BAD-LGB-Ti-625) design had been around for a while, before many others. It started as the ultralight gas block we made for the OIP (Ounces Is Pounds) 3.9lb Ultralight Rifle. You can see a bit of it peeking out from the flier below that we introduced at SHOT 2015 for Bentwood Gunsmithing. We kept it secret until SHOT and didn't launched the commercial version until recently.

The patent pending design allows for weight savings (Only 0.48oz and lighter than the gas tube!) and the ability to keep a good seal around the barrel/gas port. The geometry allows for some flex (rubber band effect) to account for the differential thermo expansion rate between the steel barrel and the titanium gas block. It is a fixed, non-adjustable, gas block. We will be releasing a matte black IONBOND PVD finish soon, as well as the .750" diameter versions.

The gas block is a small part of our complete redesign of 95%+ of every single component of the AR-15. It is a complete systems approach to a lightweight AR15 without compromise, not just a few lightweight pieces.

We will eventually have an adjustable gas block but not until we can come out with a better design that solves the short comings of many adjustable gas blocks.

We are extremely busy with new product development launches this year and do not have all the man power to be monitoring the forum as much as we like. If there are any questions that's not answered please do message me directly and we will do our best to provide answers.

The best place to see the latest news and sneak peeks at new product announcements is our Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/BattleArms and our Instagram page #battlearms

Thank you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0603/wdigeorge/BADINC/2014-12-02%20-%20OIP%20Single%20Page%20AD_zpsdn3ll6we.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0603/wdigeorge/BADINC/GB1_zpsdezobhro.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0603/wdigeorge/BADINC/GB3_zpsupsdn5so.jpg

tommyrott
06-28-15, 16:44
Can you use black river tactical port reduction inserts with it ?

pezboy
06-29-15, 11:13
It doesn't seem like a good idea having the front set screw when there isn't much material on the opposite side of the barrel in that location.

wdigeorge
06-29-15, 11:33
Can you use black river tactical port reduction inserts with it ?

We haven't tried it before so can't say for certain.

wdigeorge
06-29-15, 11:36
It doesn't seem like a good idea having the front set screw when there isn't much material on the opposite side of the barrel in that location.

It works and is part of the design.

JasonDTM
06-29-15, 12:04
I'm a little late getting back into this thread, any ETA on the ionbonded version? If the lead time is too long, the raw verison will suffice for my purposes just fine. :)

wdigeorge
06-29-15, 12:07
I'm a little late getting back into this thread, any ETA on the ionbonded version? If the lead time is too long, the raw verison will suffice for my purposes just fine. :)

It is out of our control at this time. The gas blocks are at IONBOND and it may be one week or three weeks pending on when they can turn it around get them back to us.

JasonDTM
06-29-15, 12:11
It is out of our control at this time. The gas blocks are at IONBOND and it may be one week or three weeks pending on when they can turn it around get them back to us.

Thanks for the information, that actually works out for me. =)

wdigeorge
06-29-15, 12:20
Thanks for the information, that actually works out for me. =)

Best to call us and ask for Jon to reserve one for you if that's what you want. I think 90%+ are already spoken for.

tommyrott
06-29-15, 16:56
We haven't tried it before so can't say for certain.if the port in the block is mil-spec I would say yes, if its oversized then no

cwgibson
06-29-15, 17:54
That looks nice, I may have to try one on the rifle I am building. I was planning on using a CMR rail, does anyone know if this gas block will fit under one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

wdigeorge
06-29-15, 23:16
That looks nice, I may have to try one on the rifle I am building. I was planning on using a CMR rail, does anyone know if this gas block will fit under one?

We can't say with 100% certainly but we haven't found a rail this gas block will not fit under. It is about as minimal and low profile as it can possibly get for a gas block.

Junkie
06-29-15, 23:27
What is the price of the IONBOND one going to be like vs raw?

It's amusing that the raw one is currently on sale for a nickel off.

wdigeorge
06-29-15, 23:40
Retail will be $95 for the matte black IONBOND PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition) coated version.

djegators
06-30-15, 08:04
Plans to offer this in .750?

cwgibson
06-30-15, 10:34
Plans to offer this in .750?

Yes, he mentions that in post #2. I may have to pick one of those up as well.

cwgibson
06-30-15, 17:13
We can't say with 100% certainly but we haven't found a rail this gas block will not fit under. It is about as minimal and low profile as it can possibly get for a gas block.

Thanks for the reply, the CA website says the rail inside diameter is 1.2 and their gb is the only one they guarantee will fit under it. I also have a build planned with a geissele mk8 so if it does not work on the CMR I will just use it for that one.