PDA

View Full Version : scope basefor ruger American rimfire.

texasgunhand
06-29-15, 22:42
Anyone know what # for leupold bases for the ruger american rimfire? I know weaver #12 fit it also,having aproblem finding them local.

UPDATED 5/16/15 See updated post below. If i find others i will update, but this completes my search.

GH41
06-30-15, 06:46
Google is your friend.

texasgunhand
06-30-15, 16:47
Google is your friend.

A friend i looked at for 2 hours with no results.

So heres two that will work..

1. Weaver #12 as stated in the manual. Academy or cabelas or midway doesnt have. Can be ordered from shopruger.com if you want to wait.

2. Redfield #47518 Fits, browning BAR, BAR2, MARK2, BLR LIGHTNING (lever) and BPR. Says Browning BAR on front of package. This one you can find.... Mounted mine useing these and leupold rings, they fit perfect.

UPDATE...5/17/15

3. Leupold #50028 that fit the Remington 541 , found answer at rimfire central.com i havent tryed these yet personally but theres a guy there useing them and said they fit perfect. I will be getting a set this weekend to replace my redfields if theres ever a problem, so the bases match the rings. So far after hundreds of rounds the redfields are working perfectly.

GH41
06-30-15, 18:03
A friend i looked at for 2 hours with no results.

So heres two that will work..

1. Weaver #12 as stated in the manual. Academy or cabelas or midway doesnt have. Can be ordered from shopruger.com if you want to wait.

2. Redfield #47518 Fits, browning BAR, BAR2, MARK2, BLR LIGHTNING (lever) and BPR. Says Browning BAR on front of package. This one you can find.... Mounted mine useing these and leupold rings, they fit perfect.

So what's your problem and the purpose of your question?

texasgunhand
06-30-15, 19:54
No problem, theres no info out on scope bases so i wanted to know if anyones found a base that would fit the ruger american rimfire besides the weaver #12 thats sold out at midway etc...The only way i found the redfield base that would work is by a super nice counter man who took a rifle off the shelf and tryed scope bases till we found a pair that would actually fit.

Thats a lot of unexpected trouble if someones already been through this problem and knows what will fit without sitting and trying one base after another till you find a set that will fit properly. I looked for cross refrence charts online for hours and didnt find any help especially with leupold,which is what i wanted.

Once i find the leupold numbers i will post them also for future refrence. Who would have thought the browning BAR bases would be a perfect fit. These are available at Cabelas who also doesnt have weaver#12 in stock. After looking for two days it was nice to find a pair and finish it up. I though for sure leupold would have an easy to find set for a ruger rimfire.

A fairly new rifle without a lot of info yet. A lot of info on the ruger american centerfire,not much on their rimfire yet. Hopefully this will help someone else who doesnt want to wait a week ordering weaver #12 scope bases from shopruger.com

cbx
07-01-15, 17:15
that would be great for info. I'm in the same boat. I know that the rail isn't 1913. I wonder why they did that?

I have 308 predator model that I haven't even shot yet...lol. Plan was to use one of my other scopes mounted on 1 piece as t mounts..... But that's not going to work..

texasgunhand
07-01-15, 22:34
I found the mounts for the Ruger American centerfire available at Academy and Cabelas. You shouldnt have a problem finding Nikon,Leupold,Redfield and even the high end stuff for the Ruger American centerfire rifles.

I also dont know why they just didnt install a 1913 pic. rail, if your going to put a rail on a hunting rifle it migh as well be the 1913 pic. rail,everything imaginable fits one. I think most people have a dedicated scope on their hunting rifle. My poor old Remington has had the same scope on it for 25 years at least. So its been at least that long since i bought new scope,but after looking at the optics and coatings used now i would probably change it if i got serious again,to buy whats a $200. Scope now would have been $500 twenty years ago.