PDA

View Full Version : Vicker's Tactical Springfield XD Base Plates

Tzintzuntzan
07-02-15, 02:51
Inbetween reading organic chemistry books and playing agar.io I found an interesting but if information. Tango Down is now making Vicker's base plates for the Springfield XD lineup of handguns. Here's a link to the announcement.

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/07/01/vickers-tactical-mag-baseplates-now-available-for-xd-from-tangodown/

I had always heard that the XD line up wasn't that trustworthy due to how the slide cannot be worked unless the grip safety is fully depressed. However this new but of information has me a bit perplexed. Does this mean that the XD series is gtg now, or am I missing something?

Big A
07-02-15, 07:17
I'll take Capitalism In Action for $500 Alex.

There's a lot of XD's out in the wild, might as well get their owners to spend some money.

I wouldn't say the XD line is the worst gun on the market but there are a bunch more that I'd prefer to have by my side.

The worst part about the XD is that when Springfield bought the HS2000 there was hope they'd make some good improvements to it but all they did was slap their name on the side and more than double the price. The worst part is their spongy inconsistent triggers (it has been a while since I've shot one let alone finger banged one at my LGS so I don't know if they've improved them) and there isn't any way I've heard of to improve them other than sending it to the Springfield custom shop and I don't what they'll actually improve as I've never fooled with one.

I feel that for the price of the gun and what you actually end up with you're better off spending your money on something else.

Someone with more experience on the platform might be able to tell you if they're GTG but I'm gonna chalk this development up to capitalism in action.

Magsz
07-03-15, 12:23
Nah Holmes, with these baseplates, the XD line is now GTG for combat, ya dig Bro Dudesef?

In all seriousness....

Capitalism, its a huge market and he wants his slice of the pie.

opmike
07-03-15, 15:54
Does this mean that the XD series is gtg now, or am I missing something?

I'm sure you don't need us to answer this question for you.

bjxds
07-04-15, 09:05
Nah Holmes, with these baseplates, the XD line is now GTG for combat, ya dig Bro Dudesef?

In all seriousness....

Capitalism, its a huge market and he wants his slice of the pie.

Capitalism at its best or worst? I can see where the baseplates may be an improvement over the OEM, but does nothing else for the gun.
I don't really blame the LAV or anybody else for wanting a slice of the pie, we all do. The XD line doesn't get much love here but most folks rely on people like Leatham and Vickers.... amongst many others to get unbiased reviews and recommendations on fire arms. Not that the LAV ever endorsed the XD line but Robbie sure did.

I also think most CCW's do not put in the required, in my mind, research on optimum gun, carry method, training, and time to be able to be proficent with the chosen gun or to tell the difference.

In the end the baseplate is just a baseplate.

Magsz
07-04-15, 11:55
Capitalism at its best or worst? I can see where the baseplates may be an improvement over the OEM, but does nothing else for the gun.
I don't really blame the LAV or anybody else for wanting a slice of the pie, we all do. The XD line doesn't get much love here but most folks rely on people like Leatham and Vickers.... amongst many others to get unbiased reviews and recommendations on fire arms. Not that the LAV ever endorsed the XD line but Robbie sure did.

I also think most CCW's do not put in the required, in my mind, research on optimum gun, carry method, training, and time to be able to be proficent with the chosen gun or to tell the difference.

In the end the baseplate is just a baseplate.

If you're on this forum, you're in the 1%. If you actually take time to do research and formulate your OWN opinions rather than rely on the word of a firearm celebrity, you're in the .000000000000001%

This is just plain capitalism, there is a market for the product, The LAV filled a void, whether it is a void that needed filling or not will be determined by the public and their dollars. Personally, im not a fan of the pizza pie pans that these baseplates emulate but for some people, they work and they work well.

Caveat Emptor.

samuse
07-04-15, 16:51
I had an HS2000 back during the ban. It came with 3 16 round mags and was $359 otd.

I put at least 10K rounds through it when I was shooting in a house a few nigjts a week. It had one stovepipe in all that time.

That was my first striker poly gun after using an M9. I bought a Glock after the ban and never looked back.

I hope they engrave 'BULLET ZONE' on the base plates.

The Dumb Gun Collector
07-05-15, 09:36
"I hope they engrave 'BULLET ZONE' on the base plates."

Bwhaha. :D

GregP220
07-08-15, 20:53
I had an HS2000 back during the ban. It came with 3 16 round mags and was $359 otd.

I put at least 10K rounds through it when I was shooting in a house a few nigjts a week. It had one stovepipe in all that time.

That was my first striker poly gun after using an M9. I bought a Glock after the ban and never looked back.

I hope they engrave 'BULLET ZONE' on the base plates.

Laser etch "Sight Zone" along the top of the slide and "Ammo Zone" on the mags and it'd be even more awesomer...:cool:

OIPactual
07-08-15, 21:47
Laser etch "Sight Zone" along the top of the slide and "Ammo Zone" on the mags and it'd be even more awesomer...:cool:
You win! I split beer all over my tablet when I read that!

Smash
07-09-15, 09:14
If anyone wants to donate a gun for the cause I will use our laser to engrave all of that all over said gun.

BBossman
07-09-15, 11:01
If anyone wants to donate a gun for the cause I will use our laser to engrave all of that all over said gun.

LOL... if I hadn't already spent this quarters gun money, I'd buy one and take you up on that. No interest in the XD, but in that condition it would be worth owning just for laughs.

GregP220
07-09-15, 19:12

I'd like to buy an XD to donate to said project but I don't have a mullet.