PDA

View Full Version : Active Shooter Reports - DC Navy Yard (Again)

cinco
07-02-15, 07:26
Initial reports of an active shooter at the DC Navy Yard. No reports of injuries yet. Let's hope this is at worse false alarm and no harm comes to the innocents or LEO.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/07/02/park-police-washington-navy-yard-shooter/29607533/

U.S. Park Police are responding Thursday to a report of an active shooter at the Navy Yard inside the Washington, D.C., city limits, WUSA reports.

An employee inside the 41-acre facility reports that alarms are sounding and the buildings are on lockdown, WUSA reports.

There are no immediate report of casualties.

cinco
07-02-15, 07:38
Supposedly two shooters now - in the same building as the previous incident.

Sam
07-02-15, 08:54
No wounded, no dead, can't find any shooter(s), yet. What's going on?

Inkslinger
07-02-15, 09:02
No wounded, no dead, can't find any shooter(s), yet. What's going on?

This is a test of the Isis attack planning system. Repeat, this is only a test.

JBecker 72
07-02-15, 09:03
News says they are about to give the all clear. Fireworks maybe? Can't say I blame whoever called it in considering what happened there a little while back. (If in fact they heard what sounded like gunfire)

Sam
07-02-15, 09:11
News says they are about to give the all clear. Fireworks maybe? Can't say I blame whoever called it in considering what happened there a little while back. (If in fact they heard what sounded like gunfire)

If that's the case, you got half of the police in that area tied up for a couple hours in search of a ghost. If it was the real thing, or something similar to Bombay a few years ago where a handful of terrorists were shooting up the city, the whole DC would be shut down. Not criticizing, just making an observation.

cinco
07-02-15, 09:41
On looking at a Twitter feed from a local news source, there was mention that the two shooters were described as "male white and male black". Weird that it makes it seem like someone had eyes on the supposed shooters.

Averageman
07-02-15, 10:12
I think I will be celebrating the 4th at home.
I can BBQ, watch the fireworks have unlimited amounts of beer and pork products for the grill and my chances of interacting with the general public let alone any Islamic terror wanna be's is highly unlikely.
Being a loveable old curmudgeon is becoming a lifestyle.

Eurodriver
07-02-15, 10:15
I am thankful that there was no shooter.

JBecker 72
07-02-15, 10:57
If that's the case, you got half of the police in that area tied up for a couple hours in search of a ghost. If it was the real thing, or something similar to Bombay a few years ago where a handful of terrorists were shooting up the city, the whole DC would be shut down. Not criticizing, just making an observation.

That's a valid point. It's a bad situation all around to have to divert so many resources for a false alarm or prank.

Averageman
07-02-15, 11:40

That was a very good observation.
What are the odds it was done on purpose?

cinco
07-02-15, 11:54

Interesting question. Like prodding the anxious dog into a higher nervous fidgety state of mind? That state of mind sure does tend to wear a person/organization down. All this right before the 4th and the associated warnings.

Sam
07-02-15, 12:02

The news are saying the call came into 911. The LEO are trying to track down the caller.

Business_Casual
07-02-15, 12:05

Have you ever tried to access that site without being properly credentialed ?

cinco
07-02-15, 12:10
The news are saying the call came into 911. The LEO are trying to track down the caller.

Sounds like they found the caller. Just saw a report from DC Police Chief who said "she thought she heard gunshots and reported it".

Still don't understand the report I saw earlier where it stated they were looking for two shooters - "white male and black male". Who the heck reported that?

EDIT TO ADD - Here is the link to that report...

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/2015/07/02/navy-yard-shooting/29607377/

8:26 a.m.: Police source tells Nikki Burdine Navy security reporting that police are looking for two men. "2 shooters white male black male last seen 2nd floor."

jmoney
07-02-15, 12:46
That's a valid point. It's a bad situation all around to have to divert so many resources for a false alarm or prank.

I always wonder if these kinds of things are a diversion for something else, I'm always waiting to see the next day that a heist or something happened on the other side of town.

JBecker 72
07-02-15, 13:49
I always wonder if these kinds of things are a diversion for something else, I'm always waiting to see the next day that a heist or something happened on the other side of town.

Hypothetically speaking, if that were the case here, very slick idea.