PDA

View Full Version : Colt match trigger Q

Cobratech823
09-30-06, 06:51
I recently aquired a Colt Sporter Lower. It came with a polished looks like chrome plated match grade trigger. I did some research and came up with this. http://www.colt.com/law/CAR.asp

Is this the trigger I have?

cohiba
09-30-06, 09:33
It looks like the same trigger I have in a Colt Match Target lower. Mine is plated (possibly hard chromed) as well. You would have to go to another galaxy to find someone who likes Colts more than me but I have to admit, if your trigger is the same as mine, is pales in comparison to a KAC and just about every other match trigger out there.

Hoplophile
09-30-06, 12:15
I have one of those too. It's basically just a normal trigger with the plating to smooth things out. It also has a lighter weight hammer combined with a heavier hammer spring.

Not so much a match trigger as a very nice stock trigger.

mike240
10-09-06, 14:03
I put that trigger group from the Colt Model 6724 Match rifle in 6721 about 10 years ago. Never had any issues with it and it is a great trigger. Though not a "match trigger set" there were advantages to it my case. It is Colt and non adjustable, therefore from a department liability standpoint there is little to argue about. Since the trigger does not "break" less than a Glock with 3.5 connector, little else to be argued about by the armorers/range staff that replaced me later. Other reason? Got a good price since SAW is in my town.