PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable LED RMR reliability & dot size?

PatrioticDisorder
07-08-15, 05:38
I remember reading about the adjustable RMR's having some issues and weren't recommended for pistol use a few years back. Have these issues since been corrected with the adjustable LED RMRs? I'd like to get an adjustable RMR because I would like the ability to shut it off to use iron sights.

Also, what size dot for a pistol is recommended on the RMR? Large or small (RM06 3.25MOA VS. RM07 6.5MOA)? I almost never shoot pistols past 25 yards...

Cmm46
07-08-15, 10:21
Ive had the 3.25 moa version for about a year. I havent run it hard but have 1400 rounds of normal range use with no issues. I went with the smaller dot because I want to be able to make more precise shots and shoot 50 yards or further if I have the opportunity. I figured The bigger dot would probably be faster in close but I think acquiring the dot fast is just a matter of training. So its going to be personal preference. Maybe you can find both models somewhere and compare the dots in person. but thats why I went with the smaller dot and so far I have no ragrets.

diving dave
07-08-15, 14:55
I have the RM07 on my FNX 45, only about 400 rds down since mounting it,but its running great. Only issue is re training my peepers to pick up that dot.

Flankenstein
09-12-15, 18:43
Doing research...what "issues" did the adjustable RMRs have initially? I plan on getting an RMR for a FNX45 Tac soon. Sold on 6.5MOA but not sold on adjustable vs standard LED.

trigeek37
09-15-15, 22:15
I've had a 6.5 moa adjustable on my fn tac 45 for maybe 6 months now +/- 1000 rounds. zero issues so far other than the FN doesn't like SMC and I now have the desire to get a couple of slides cut and buy 2 more (sig 229 & glock 20)

BillBond
09-29-15, 11:34
The first version of RMR had problems due to the battery contacts.(Which can be remedied with some electrical tape)
I tried a RM01 3.25moa, RM02 6.5 moa and 8 moa, RM05g, RM06 and RM07.
For me I prefer the old 8moa RM02 on a Glock.

All three styles have pluses and minuses and the style I ended up liking was the one I was sure I would not like.