PDA

View Full Version : H&K MP5-SD: Full-auto versus Semi-auto Accuracy.

Molon
07-08-15, 19:48
H&K MP5-SD: Full-auto versus Semi-auto Accuracy.

For this fun little comparison, I used full-sized IALEFI-Q targets placed at a distance of 10 yards. (The orange dot placed on the target is one inch in diameter and was the point of aim for both targets pictured below.) The first target pictured below shows 20 shots fired from the off-hand position from a stock MP5-SD in semi-automatic mode as fast as I could re-acquire a sight picture and squeeze off the individual rounds.

http://www.box.net/shared/static/4e1v97uhx2.jpg

The second target pictured also has 20 shots fired at it, but these shots were fired from the off-hand position in controlled 2 and 3-round bursts with the selector on full-auto mode. The grouping of rounds labeled #1 are the first shots from each burst. The second grouping of rounds is formed from the 2nd and 3rd shots of each burst.

http://www.box.net/shared/static/t7knotopxq.jpg

The second grouping of rounds is approximately 3.4” higher than the first, at the distance of 10 yards. This would equate to approximately 8.5” higher at a distance of 25 yards!

NongShim
07-08-15, 19:57
Nice photos. I am not a big fan of using auto when there isn't a belt feeding the gun.

Thanks for the interesting posts, as usual.

militarymoron
07-08-15, 21:06
I want to see a 30-round mag dump group :)

bfoosh006
11-03-15, 21:40
Very Interesting. I wouldn't have guessed.

MegademiC
11-04-15, 08:58
Cool thread. In my limited fa experience, I've noticed shots 4-7 or so, depending on gun, go up, then you can recover and get the rest of the mag back on target.

Not practical, but cool mowing down a row of bowling pins with one long rip from a large mag.

There's no smile like a full - auto smile!

GarrettJ
01-30-16, 09:34
Lean farther forward into the gun. More weight up front. Square up to the target and pull the stock a little closer to your chest centerline.

Go to the range and work on different stances. You should be able to see which will help tighten up your groups and keep them more centered.

bp7178
01-30-16, 13:07
What was the total time on the targets from first shot to last?

KalashniKEV
01-30-16, 21:48
[B][SIZE="5"]I used full-sized IALEFI-Q targets placed at a distance of 10 yards.

You should run it out to 100m and see if it will still break the paper.

;)