PDA

View Full Version : trade Tac30 for MTAC

AFshirt
07-09-15, 11:46
I currently have a TAC30 on my rifle. While it is a decent scope for my purposes I am not in love with the on/off button. I have the opportunity to pick up a used MTAC for half price. It appears to be in good shape and with the transferable warranty it seems like a good deal but my question is would the trade be worth it? Is the MTAC enough of an upgrade over the TAC30 to justify the money spent even at $250

imaguy3
07-09-15, 14:01
I chose the MTAC initially over the Tac30 for the very reasons you mentioned. Didn't care for the way the illumination on the Tac30 worked. I also like the dedicated zoom ring over the whole eyepiece moving.

How much can you sell the Tac30 for, I bet you could come close to breaking even?

dwhitehorne
07-09-15, 14:02
If it suits your needs why not. I had a Tac30 a few years ago and a co worker had a Mtac at the same time. I didn't care about the push button either way so the $150 price difference for the Mtac didn't seem worth it to me. Besides I had the FDE version of the Tac30 so I was the cool guy anyway :p David