PDA

View Full Version : Work on a sup-par BCG

Fringe
07-21-08, 11:57
Can anyone recommend anyone who will do work on a Bushmaster BCG to properly stake and the sort?
I am helping a friend and this and buying a MOACKS are the only two things I can recommend.
Thanks.

markm
07-21-08, 12:21
Buying a moacks is silly unless you work on a lot of guns.

I'd send it to GandRtactical and have grant torque and all that fancy stuff. If all it's lacking is staking, then just get a chissle type anything, a hammer, and a vise... and do it.

Fringe
07-21-08, 12:36
demigod,
Thanks. I was just going to do what you said and just do it myself with some tool steel, but I thought it would be nice to get a good extractor insert as well and thought it would be good to send it to someone who could do it all and send a H buffer as well.
I tried contacting Grant to no avail. He has been irresponsive.

RD62
07-21-08, 14:36
FYI...

I've had the best luck contacting him in his Dealer forum here or via telephone.

Remember, he aint sitting by the computer waiting to check IM's, emails, etc all day. He does have a store front too, and I'm sure stays fairly busy packing and shipping internet orders. I'm not sure how long ago you tried to get in contact with him, but just give him a little while. It'll be worth the wait!

-RD62

Fringe
07-21-08, 15:06
Thanks RD62!

RD62
07-21-08, 16:59
I meant no offense and hope none was taken. After that time frame I would get a little dissapointed that my correspondence had not been answered either. I still suggest calling him at the number listed at the bottom of each of his posts as I have had him personally answer the phone every time I have called if I remember correctly or post in his Dealer forum, as he has always answered my posts there.

Otherwise maybe check with GotM4 or what I would do is just order the Bravo Co upgrade either from Grant or Bravo Co, maybe even a new extractor if yours seems dull and swapp the parts yourself and stake with a punch, old screw driver, dull chisel, etc. It's really easy to do! I would personally just swap the spring and extractor insert and leave out the o-ring until such tim eas you have determined you need it.

Good luck!

-RD62