PDA

View Full Version : If Obama had a son, he would attend the gun show

7.62NATO
07-13-15, 19:49
after it's closed...

Surveillance video, obtained by Channel 9 shows more than a dozen people stealing weapons from a gun show at the Central Florida Fairgrounds in Orange County over the Fourth of July weekend.

According to Orlando police, nearly 20 guns were taken from one of the gun show booths after the show closed for the day on July 6.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/surveillance-shows-teens-stealing-weapons-orlando-/nmyBk/

SteyrAUG
07-13-15, 21:09
And some people wondered why I never set up the night before or left things set up for the next day.

Kain
07-13-15, 21:13
And some people wondered why I never set up the night before or left things set up for the next day.

Yep. And it not just gunshows. How many guns disappeared during SHOT over the years? I heard it was one of the reason Atlanta was pretty much blacklisted from getting it according to a good friend of mine.

sevenhelmet
07-13-15, 21:13
Agree. It's a lot more work, but why leave things in a position to be stolen in less than a minute? Sounds like poor planning to me.

Kain
07-13-15, 21:24
Agree. It's a lot more work, but why leave things in a position to be stolen in less than a minute? Sounds like poor planning to me.

Go to a gunshow recently? I am amazed at the amount of high dollar shit that is laid out to be grabbed by some vendors. Seriously, I've seen a row of NF scopes on a table at one vendor with four tables in a square. You could have picked one up and dropped in a pocket and walked off without much issue. Hell, at one major shoot a few years back I noticed that the Beretta Vendor there had stopped displaying their pistols with mags in them, when I asked the rep stated that they were constantly being stolen. And this was at a shoot where there were guys with guns that make a KAC look cheap!

sevenhelmet
07-13-15, 21:42
Go to a gunshow recently?

Nope, can't stand them. I'm either being pontificated to by a random person who was obviously the world authority SME on everything, or checking over my shoulder to make sure nobody is sweeping me with a muzzle or swinging a blade around way too close for comfort. That said, I do understand and respect many of the vendors who work them, and I'm sure some of the better ones, like SHOT, are great- I've just never had a chance to go.

SteyrAUG
07-13-15, 23:37
Go to a gunshow recently? I am amazed at the amount of high dollar shit that is laid out to be grabbed by some vendors. Seriously, I've seen a row of NF scopes on a table at one vendor with four tables in a square. You could have picked one up and dropped in a pocket and walked off without much issue. Hell, at one major shoot a few years back I noticed that the Beretta Vendor there had stopped displaying their pistols with mags in them, when I asked the rep stated that they were constantly being stolen. And this was at a shoot where there were guys with guns that make a KAC look cheap!

Worst one I remember seeing is a guy who had a custom "push button" suppressor on an MP5. The MP5 was of course a cut down HK94 with a registered sear. The gun in question used a push button setup and sliding pins to lock in place on the barrel which had slots cut into it for the pins.

Anyway, fat ass redneck who used to be a "special seal" walks up to the table and before anyone can say "WTF are you doing" picks up the gun and demonstrates his weapon prowess to the fat ass redneck female he is with by UNSCREWING a suppressor.

As he possessed more torque than brains he was able to wrench the suppressor about a quarter turn with the sound of grinding metal and snapping pins before he realized something was wrong. He then asked the dealer if he "locktited" the suppressor as if it was all somehow the dealers fault.

Worst part of all is it wasn't even the dealers gun, it belonged to a buddy of his who was showing his "cool new toy" to the dealer and while they were talking and looking at another gun, it simply got set down on the table for a moment.

It literally only takes 8 seconds for a "dick for brains" to do thousands of dollars worth of damage. Things then turned to "whose fault is it" with the dickhead redneck taking the position that "it shouldn't be on the table if you don't want people picking it up" and "I should be able to pickup and inspect any weapon that I might want to purchase."

Never mind that if this guy sold everything he owned and whored out his g/f for 10 years he still wouldn't have the money. Things went downhill from there.

SteyrAUG
07-13-15, 23:44
Nope, can't stand them. I'm either being pontificated to by a random person who was obviously the world authority SME on everything, or checking over my shoulder to make sure nobody is sweeping me with a muzzle or swinging a blade around way too close for comfort. That said, I do understand and respect many of the vendors who work them, and I'm sure some of the better ones, like SHOT, are great- I've just never had a chance to go.

I think I stopped doing gunshows about 10 years ago.

Hard as it is to believe, people actually got even more retarded. Used to be you just had to listen to them rehash what they read in Guns & Ammo or watched on Tales of the Gun including any and all errors as if it were all firsthand information.

Swear to god I had a couple dozen guys at every show tell me about how when they were in Vietnam they had an AK47 they kept in their locker that rusted shut but they'd just kick the bolt open with their boot, shoot it without any failures and throw it back in the locker and repeat monthly. They told me the story in first person as if I had never seen that episode of Tales of the Gun when the guy from Jane's told the story.

With the rise of the internet it got worse, I had to listen to the same retarded opinions and misconceptions championed on various gun forums over and over and typically presented as "first person" experience.

Iraqgunz
07-14-15, 00:05
There has been a rash of these things. Just recently in Louisiana two gun stores were burglarized. In Houston, a small group of thugs attempted to rob a gun store and it ended badly. http://unclesamsmisguidedchildren.com/gun-store-robbery-crowds-2015-darwin-award-field/

In May someone did an attempted smash and grab at another Houston area store. http://abc13.com/news/truck-backs-into-gun-business-in-apparent-smash-and-grab/690659/

Honu
07-14-15, 00:31
get off your white privilege we just need more gun control that will solve the problem
or raise min wage or just give them what they want you racist homophobes :)

its bushes fault !!!!!