PDA

View Full Version : I am getting really tired of your sh!t Mother Nature.

kwelz
07-14-15, 10:37
I am starting to think my town has a bullseye painted on it.

3 years ago the town was all but wiped out by tornadoes. And now I think we need to pool our resources and start building an Ark.

So far this year we have gotten about 20 inches more rain than is normal. And all in a short period of time. We have been under near constant flood warnings. With parts of the entire area being inaccessible.

Last night we actually had another tornado hit the town. Thankfully this one just took out part of the forestry and caused some wind damage to the rest of us. I got off lucky. Just some siding pulled back that I was able to fix this morning before work. But this shit is getting ridiculous.

In short, Mother Nature is a real bitch. She needs to get laid or something and stop taking her frustrations out on Southern Indiana.

Ryno12
07-14-15, 11:00
Perhaps it's from that "black cloud" that seems to perpetually linger over your head.

kwelz
07-14-15, 11:06
Ha. Perhaps. But honestly. As much as I have a tendency to rant about shit, there is also a lot of good in life.

And I doubt my black cloud is big enough to cover the entire area.

Ryno12
07-14-15, 11:10
And I doubt my black cloud is big enough to cover the entire area.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I've read your threads. :)

MBtech
07-14-15, 11:36
Same here, I'm in Southern IN also, my kids summer vacation has been a joke trying to plan any activities due to the weather.

Oh, and getting to work and back can be a real pain in the ass due to flooded roads!

kwelz
07-14-15, 11:53
What part of southern Indiana?

The roads are especially bad in a lot of small towns. I was supposed to show 5 houses on Sunday. All were inaccessible.

Same here, I'm in Southern IN also, my kids summer vacation has been a joke trying to plan any activities due to the weather.

Oh, and getting to work and back can be a real pain in the ass due to flooded roads!

MBtech
07-14-15, 11:58
What part of southern Indiana?

The roads are especially bad in a lot of small towns. I was supposed to show 5 houses on Sunday. All were inaccessible.

Salem/Fredericksburg I'm out in the sticks. My house is on high ground but the country roads I have to travel get flooded quick.

Frailer
07-14-15, 12:03
I feel for you guys.

I'm on the Kentucky side (about 10 miles south of the river), and whenever I look at your weather I feel much better about ours.

soulezoo
07-14-15, 12:07
Please feel free to send your excess rain (you too Texas) to California... we could use it.

murphman
07-14-15, 12:08
I am starting to think my town has a bullseye painted on it.

3 years ago the town was all but wiped out by tornadoes. And now I think we need to pool our resources and start building an Ark.

So far this year we have gotten about 20 inches more rain than is normal. And all in a short period of time. We have been under near constant flood warnings. With parts of the entire area being inaccessible.

Last night we actually had another tornado hit the town. Thankfully this one just took out part of the forestry and caused some wind damage to the rest of us. I got off lucky. Just some siding pulled back that I was able to fix this morning before work. But this shit is getting ridiculous.

In short, Mother Nature is a real bitch. She needs to get laid or something and stop taking her frustrations out on Southern Indiana.

So that is where all of Texas's rain went.

MBtech
07-14-15, 13:33
A couple of examples I have witnessed in the last few weeks... If there are flash flood warnings and you are not familiar with the area... PAY ATTENTION!!! Especially at night!!

An area on my road that floods ALL THE TIME that I am aware of it's location and I'm aware of the possibility that it will be covered in hard rain/flash flood warnings and I'm talking 3-4 feet deep. Not just a hydroplane danger. It's on a series of dips that are like a camel's back hump it fills up like a pond. Popped up over the hill one night in the dark to see dim headlights underwater, a family of a young couple (early/mid 20's) and two children in the back seat. From well over 2.5 hours from home in Kentucky. They hit the water killed the car and were stranded.

I waded out and helped the guy carry his kids to safety, let them use my cell phone to call a tow truck, he thought we'd hook a chain up, pull it out and they'd drive on home.

Which is my other example, he didn't like to hear that his engine was probably trash now from being hydrolocked. Water does not compress! Bends connecting rods and busts pistons! not to mention all of the damage to electrical components.

With that said, I've been seeing a lot of water damage cars. It does not have to be a real deep section of water, if you hit it quick, engine takes a big enough gulp with water splashing up over the front end = game over.

Also there are a lot of electrical components that are installed in floorboards, kick panels, trunk area. Those and H20 do NOT get along together.

Big repair bills really quick!

Pay attention!

Don't risk it!

skijunkie55
07-14-15, 13:38
Move further north to southern MI. I'll trade snow for sever weather any day :)

JBecker 72
07-14-15, 13:47
I can't believe how much rain we've gotten here in the mid Atlantic area. Since June 1st, 30 days have had rain and only 14 without. It's been a pretty incredible summer so far with the record rainfall.

Thankfully we've only had a couple of pretty mild tornadoes.

MBtech
07-14-15, 15:37

I've tried! I'm out voted by the family! Went up around the outskirts of Battle Creek last year to pick up my Rottweiler pup. Beautiful area and looks like good deer hunting country :)

SomeOtherGuy
07-14-15, 16:08
I've tried! I'm out voted by the family! Went up around the outskirts of Battle Creek last year to pick up my Rottweiler pup. Beautiful area and looks like good deer hunting country :)

I lived not far from there for 8+ years. Great deer and turkey country. For deer you're not allowed to use a rifle in the southern part of the state, only a shotgun or handgun, but it's pretty easy to get within 50 yards of the deer so it's not an issue.

Now living 250 miles north of there and weather is just fine! :) We don't get tornadoes here. You'd better like shoveling snow though.

MBtech
07-14-15, 16:23
I lived not far from there for 8+ years. Great deer and turkey country. For deer you're not allowed to use a rifle in the southern part of the state, only a shotgun or handgun, but it's pretty easy to get within 50 yards of the deer so it's not an issue.

Now living 250 miles north of there and weather is just fine! :) We don't get tornadoes here. You'd better like shoveling snow though.

For sure! I moved out of Indiana to go to Universal Technical Institute in Chicago (Glendale Heights) which is about the same distance up north. Big difference on the winters and snowfall. It was not but just a few months after we moved to Southern Indiana had a couple of tornados pass by our house way too close for comfort.

ETA: I did have a couple job offers in Florida... Then there are hurricanes.. Pick your poison with Mother Nature around here I guess.

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-14-15, 16:31

I was reading that it looks like another fairly strong El Nino is forming, which means that we'll get dumped on this year on the front range. We have had mild winters as far as snowfall the past few years- outside of a wicked cold snap last fall. Not looking forward to big snows, outside of the mountains.