PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Combat Vickers Elite

Amp Mangum
07-15-15, 13:55
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69KzvyDeT6I&utm_source=Wilson+Combat+Newsletter&utm_campaign=7e75649fb0-VickersElite07142015&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_7e19171a14-7e75649fb0-309683045&mc_cid=7e75649fb0&mc_eid=6a35db9f82

and the new ETM Vickers Duty mag:

https://video-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xfa1/v/t42.1790-2/11716546_10155813732400416_1568898988_n.mp4?efg=eyJybHIiOjQxNSwicmxhIjo3NDEsInZlbmNvZGVfdGFnIjoicWZfNDI2d19jcmZfMjNfbWFpbl8zLjBfcDBoY19zZCJ9&rl=415&vabr=231&oh=c7dd0617baec1621136d3258dbbef67c&oe=55A6B40A

Ironbutt
07-15-15, 17:36
Nice gun with some nice specs, although I'm not crazy about the slide serrations.

I respect the experience & advice of men like LAV & Ken & if a person is into buying signature series guns, that's fine by me, but if I want a souped up CQB with somebody's name on it, then I'll have my name engraved on it.

Pappabear
07-16-15, 05:19
Nice gun with some nice specs, although I'm not crazy about the slide serrations.

I respect the experience & advice of men like LAV & Ken & if a person is into buying signature series guns, that's fine by me, but if I want a souped up CQB with somebody's name on it, then I'll have my name engraved on it.

I gotta agree. I would like a stock CQB, JUST DONT NEED LAV on it. Vickers is solid and I dig his show and you tube. Just don't need a jersey

Ironbutt
07-16-15, 07:05
I gotta agree. I would like a stock CQB, JUST DONT NEED LAV on it. I respect his perspective but signature guns are goofy , but goofy people buy them. Vickers is solid and I dig his show and you tube. Just don't need a jersey

I guess the BCM, Hack, & Bill Wilson Carry models have been selling well, so Wilson decided to keep the ball rolling. I have a fairly plain jane CQB that was built in 2002 & it's a real workhorse.

I haven't done the math, but if I were to spec out & order a new one, with the same specs of the new LAV model, my guess is the prices of the two wouldn't be too far off, so I doubt anybody's making any big money off the signature series guns. It's just marketing, and I don't have a problem with Vickers, Hack or Wilson Combat making a few bucks on signature guns. They're just not my cup of tea.

Turnkey11
07-16-15, 09:06
Id be more interested in a real Vickers 1911.

Sam
07-16-15, 09:16

Can't help it :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/RichardTouch/Retro.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/RichardTouch/media/Retro.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/RichardTouch/Vickers.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/RichardTouch/media/Vickers.jpg.html)

M4Guru
07-16-15, 09:56
I would like one of these and a Hackathorn model.

I've got a 1943 Colt sitting on Larry's bench somewhere, but this would fill in the decade between now and then well enough...:D

theJanitor
07-16-15, 12:31
Can't help it :)

HAHAHA!!!! I'll help.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5146/5682632137_bdc966bf94_b.jpg

The Dumb Gun Collector
07-16-15, 18:21
That's a nicely appointed 1911. Makes me miss my old Elite.

bear13
07-17-15, 08:34
Sign me up for some magazines though. I do like the Vickers pistol, just too rich for my blood.

Sam
07-17-15, 08:57
That's a nicely appointed 1911. Makes me miss my old Elite.

Greg:

Stay away from those 1911s, not your cup of soup, stick to the polymers. :)

Your old Springfield R.O is getting a fiber optic front sight !

RMA
07-17-15, 16:26
HAHAHA!!!! I'll help.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5146/5682632137_bdc966bf94_b.jpg

I never get tired of seeing this pistol, if you ever decide to sell it I will find it a good home ;) Ha ! Who did the checkering ? Pete Single ?

sapper36
07-17-15, 22:10

I asked him about this a couple days ago at a 1911 class. I think he is just to busy in other areas to be putting them together anymore. On the other hand, we did get to look at the guns as well as pass the magazines around for use, both are very nice and what you would expect from Larry and Bill.

theJanitor
07-18-15, 12:05
I never get tired of seeing this pistol, if you ever decide to sell it I will find it a good home ;) Ha ! Who did the checkering ? Pete Single ?

Yeah, Larry sent it to Pete. You can't ask for nicer checkering

RMA
07-18-15, 12:07
Looked like his work, I would get the pistol Metaloy HC'd & it would be a perfect duty gun.

theJanitor
07-18-15, 15:11
It is a duty gun at the moment. I've lent it to a friend that needed a pistol to replace his duty pistol.

Larry Vickers
07-18-15, 18:55
Hey guys I'm really excited about the magazine - they will be out soon as Wilson's only had enough on hand for the launch of the Vickers Elite 1911 - I honestly think it will become the Gold standard in serious use 1911 mags. Shake them out and let me know what you think once you get them yourself

RMA
07-18-15, 18:59
I was just going to post where I can grab a few of your new style mags. I really dig the design, great work as always !

Tspeis
07-18-15, 22:50
Hey guys I'm really excited about the magazine - they will be out soon as Wilson's only had enough on hand for the launch of the Vickers Elite 1911 - I honestly think it will become the Gold standard in serious use 1911 mags. Shake them out and let me know what you think once you get them yourself

I don't mean to drift too far off topic, but do you think flatwire springs will see more use in other gun components besides magazine and recoil springs? Wilson advertises their MAX flatwire mag springs as being guaranteed to never wear out or need replacement and that they'll always maintain proper tension. If this is accurate, I wonder if those benefits seen in the 1911 can be had in parts like firing pin springs, extractor springs, firing pin safety springs, buffer springs, etc...in other platforms?

I know flat wire springs are not new, but it's an interesting concept that Wilson is using them for. The idea of springs that won't wear out or need replacing is very appealing.

Tspeis

theJanitor
07-18-15, 22:56

I am definitely going to try them out!!

Nightstalker865
07-19-15, 10:48
Dead link for the mag in OP. What is different with this mag as compared to the ETM +P mags Wilson is already producing?

My favorite Wilson has been the CQB-Elite. This new LAV version now sits in that spot. I love the changes in the slide serrations front and rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tspeis
07-19-15, 11:54
Dead link for the mag in OP. What is different with this mag as compared to the ETM +P mags Wilson is already producing?

My favorite Wilson has been the CQB-Elite. This new LAV version now sits in that spot. I love the changes in the slide serrations front and rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://wilsoncombat.com/new/handgun-vickers-elite.asp#.VavVhHD3aK0

The new gun and magazine are on their website now. I agree with you on the wide serrations. I was actually able to request them on my Professional Protector build.

Tspeis

RMA
07-19-15, 13:56
Definitely ordering several of these new style LAV mags. I was about to order a few the other day but WC had none listed for sale so it made sense what LAV had posted previously on this thread. I am digging the new style FCS as well.

thirteen/autumns
07-19-15, 15:39

I was wondering the same thing myself. Only information I could find was what Wilson Combat mentioned in the Vickers Elite 1911 bio…

A special .45 caliber Wilson Combat magazine was also developed for this model with extensive input from Vickers based on his deployment experience. The Vickers Duty Magazine has a reinforced, solid tube for added strength, a newly engineered follower with sand cuts and a last round retention feature. The standard coil spring has been replaced with a stainless flatwire spring for the ultimate in long term feeding reliability in extreme environments and hard use. An extended steel base pad has been added to make this magazine the new standard for tactical use.

What I wondering is that reinforced solid tube magazine the same as the ETM tube without witness holes or is it a all new tube design…

Def will be looking for the Vickers ETM magazine!

bear13
07-19-15, 19:21
Thanks for the info Larry. I am excited to get a couple of the lav mags to go with my ETMs. The improvements look great. I wish I had some coin to drop on that pistol.

Larry Vickers
07-23-15, 08:56
Thanks for the info Larry. I am excited to get a couple of the lav mags to go with my ETMs. The improvements look great. I wish I had some coin to drop on that pistol.

Thanx - FYI everyone; when the mag officially launches ( meaning in stock ) we will release a video highlighting the key features

RMA
07-23-15, 09:52
Awesome, I intend on buying a bunch when they do. Prob replace my CMC mags.

JiminAZ
07-24-15, 00:27
HAHAHA!!!! I'll help.

More help

http://home.earthlink.net/~jlberkley/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/VickersKimberleft.JPG

RMA
07-25-15, 17:12
Looks like a SA Pro pictured above, was that built/tuned by LAV ?

jonbondave
07-25-15, 23:10
I'm going to grab some of those mags. I'd grab the pistol as well, but my wife would murder me if she stumbled on the CC bill! :)

JiminAZ
07-26-15, 03:21
Looks like a SA Pro pictured above, was that built/tuned by LAV ?

Back in the misty past (late 90s), before the clown bus showed up at the 1911 forum, Larry offered to build 3 each "1911 Forum" guns. Myself and another member jumped on it. To my knowledge only 2 were built.

Mine is on an early, Calckamas marked Kimber Series 1. Slide was replaced with a Caspian. Pete Single checkering. Hard fit bbl, full internals, action, dehorn, sights, safeties, magwell, Texas Armament Park job, etc.

I remain very thankful that he did this. Led to other projects and training over the years.

Now I need some of those mags to run in it.

JiminAZ
07-26-15, 03:21
deleted

RMA
07-26-15, 06:48
Cool, it has a very clean look. I like it a lot & so would a lot of other member on here being LAV had done some work on it I'm sure. Is the S&A MW nicely blended as well? No ridges around the seams ?