PDA

View Full Version : Good Fella's part II ?

Averageman
07-16-15, 03:23
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3158196/Crime-boss-John-Gotti-personally-killed-real-life-Joe-Pesci-Goodfella-tried-rape-fellow-gangster-s-wife-new-book-reveals.html

The infamous Lufthansa heist saw gang members steal around $5 million in cash and $875,000 worth of jewelry at JFK airport in 1978, brutally attacking airport workers guarding the cash.

At the time it was the biggest heist in US history and none of the money was ever recovered.

Meanwhile, the Gambinos had wanted DeSimmone dead for years because he had killed two of their good men.
When Gotti heard that DeSimmone was up for a promotion, he had a meeting with Vario, and asked permission to take out DeSimmone.

Vario knew the police would soon be on their tale because of the sketch of DeSimmone the police got from the robbery.

Also DeSimmone had recently tried to sexually assault Hills's wife, Karen, while Hill was in prison.

The bigger issue was that Vario was having an affair with Karen at the time.

Vario gave Gotti permission to kill DeSimmone, The Post reported.

The book will explain what was left out of the movie.

SteyrAUG
07-16-15, 03:29
Or you could look most of that up on Wikipedia.

Benito
07-17-15, 01:09
What's a 38 Colt Magnum??
These UK leftist journalists are giving their American counterparts a run for their money when it comes to sensationalist firearms babble. At least there was no mention of blowing up trains with guns.

Back to the topic, how would Hill have known exactly what Gotti said or did in that basement? I thought he wasn't there.

SteyrAUG
07-17-15, 01:42
What's a 38 Colt Magnum??
These UK leftist journalists are giving their American counterparts a run for their money when it comes to sensationalist firearms babble. At least there was no mention of blowing up trains with guns.

At least it wasn't the dreaded 88 Magnum. They shoot through schools.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Hd-0F4v1C54/maxresdefault.jpg

Averageman
07-17-15, 07:20
Or you could look most of that up on Wikipedia.

I looked it up and was rather surprised about a couple of things.
A) Just how many people were killed by Jimmy Burke while trying to keep a lid on this.
B) That John Gotti was the killer of Tommy DiSimone, in Good Fella's it appeared to be his own people from the Lucchese Crime Family did the killing.
C) That the whole thing was botched by one guy deciding to get high and go to his girlfriends house rather than having the van destroyed. Although this was in the movie, it didn't really explain in detail just how far this piece of evidence went to break the case.
D) That the money was never recovered.

And I'm sure the .38 Magnum was supposed to be a .38, .357 or even perhaps a .38 Super. Not to be a stickler, but I would have went with a revolver at that point, you get to take the brass home with you.

Moose-Knuckle
07-17-15, 14:41
At least it wasn't the dreaded 88 Magnum. They shoot through schools.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Hd-0F4v1C54/maxresdefault.jpg

OMG . . . :lol:

I just blew Dr. Pepper out my nose, thanks!