PDA

View Full Version : Meopta 1-4X

Shihan
07-22-08, 05:10
Hey guys im back from the dead. I have the opportunity to trade for a brand new K-dot. How is the eye relief on the 1-4x? I have a extra regular mount in stock and dont want to have to buy an extended mount if its not needed.

Robb Jensen
07-22-08, 05:27
Hey guys im back from the dead. I have the opportunity to trade for a brand new K-dot. How is the eye relief on the 1-4x? I have a extra regular mount in stock and dont want to have to buy an extended mount if its not needed.

Eye relief is pretty long, most of the people I know using them use the LaRue SPR-E or ADM Recon-X mounts.

Bushytale
07-22-08, 05:27
the spec says 3.1 inch. I have no actual experience with one though.

RogerinTPA
07-22-08, 16:55
Eye relief is pretty long, most of the people I know using them use the LaRue SPR-E or ADM Recon-X mounts.

I too use the LaRue SPR-E with mine. It works like a champ.;)

Shihan
07-23-08, 00:47
Anyone have both the Meopta and the DMS-1 to be able to compare them in terms of eye relief with each other?

MX5
07-23-08, 19:22
The eye relief between the two is very close, relatively speaking. Meopta is 80mm/3.15" & the Millett is 88.9mm/3.5".

9MX
09-03-08, 12:39
I too use the LaRue SPR-E with mine. It works like a champ.;)

I'm using the SPR 1.5 model for my Meopta. After about 600 rounds, the scope had some "play" on the mount. I had to retighten, apply loctiteand zero the rifle again. Is this normal or did I miss something?

30 cal slut
09-03-08, 15:04
I'm using the SPR 1.5 model for my Meopta. After about 600 rounds, the scope had some "play" on the mount. I had to retighten, apply loctiteand zero the rifle again. Is this normal or did I miss something?

yup, same exact issue with mine.

smithjd
09-03-08, 18:04
I run my K Dot in an LT-104, which I think is a regular SPR mount. The objective bell just clears the folding rear sight (above it I mean) and it has the proper eye relief for me. Have a VIS, so I could just move the whole mount forward if needed.

Don't have a lot of time behind it, but so far, I really like it, no negative issues.

RogerinTPA
09-03-08, 21:39
I would consider it normal only if you didn't use loctite in the first place. I had almost the same issue, but discovered it after 300 rounds or so when I couldn't get a consistent shot group regardless of the ammo. I re-leveled, re-aligned and used blue loctite. The performance had a very nice improvement.

9MX
09-04-08, 11:37
I would consider it normal only if you didn't use loctite in the first place. I had almost the same issue, but discovered it after 300 rounds or so when I couldn't get a consistent shot group regardless of the ammo. I re-leveled, re-aligned and used blue loctite. The performance had a very nice improvement.

so how many rounds have passed since the retightening? no second incident so far?

RogerinTPA
09-04-08, 23:38
Not sure, but maybe 2K+, but I'm not an Infantryman anymore or a Contractor "Running & Gunning", getting in and out of vehicles, jumping from planes, helos or door kicking either. It's rock solid though...

so how many rounds have passed since the retightening? no second incident so far?

KevinB
09-05-08, 00:56
Larue mounts don't move once setup properly. I have 2 Short Dots than have gone to Afghan twice, and 5 trips to Iraq, in 1.93 mounts - and still drop on and retain zero.

I'd blame the scope or the user... ;)

Shihan
09-05-08, 23:40
I run my K Dot in an LT-104, which I think is a regular SPR mount. The objective bell just clears the folding rear sight (above it I mean) and it has the proper eye relief for me. Have a VIS, so I could just move the whole mount forward if needed.

Don't have a lot of time behind it, but so far, I really like it, no negative issues.

What rear sight are you using?

Nimslow
09-07-08, 22:24
Here is my K-dot, mounted in a LaRue LT-158, or SPR-S mount. It just clears the folded Troy rear sight. I've since added Butler Creek flip up scope caps, and it still works fine with them.

For the money, this is a really nice piece of glass. I should have a Short Dot inbound shortly, so hopefully I can shoot them side by side.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b299/nimslow/IMG_0761.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b299/nimslow/IMG_0762.jpg

RogerinTPA
09-07-08, 23:07
Not smithjd, but I use the ARMS #40L (low profile).

What rear sight are you using?

Shihan
09-07-08, 23:38
I normally run the new MI same planes but have run out and those are low. I have a bunch of the standard MI's however and wil see if it clears.

RogerinTPA
09-07-08, 23:49
Check out the ARMS #40, instead of the #40L. I have both and the #40 does sit higher.

I normally run the new MI same planes but have run out and those are low. I have a bunch of the standard MI's however and wil see if it clears.

Shihan
09-08-08, 03:06
Check out the ARMS #40, instead of the #40L. I have both and the #40 does sit higher.

Im a MI and Troy dealer:D

RogerinTPA
09-08-08, 08:55
Ahhhhhhhhh!:p

Im a MI and Troy dealer:D

smithjd
09-10-08, 08:27
I'm using a regular folding MI buis, as opposed to the "low profile" that they came out with later. I added a same plane rear aperature myself.

I left the regular scope covers on until they wear out. When I pull the eye one off, I tuck it under the scope in the space between the bell, buis, and LT mount and it stays put.

Shihan
09-10-08, 10:58
I'm using a regular folding MI buis, as opposed to the "low profile" that they came out with later. I added a same plane rear aperature myself.

I left the regular scope covers on until they wear out. When I pull the eye one off, I tuck it under the scope in the space between the bell, buis, and LT mount and it stays put.

Thanks for the info im in the middle of a few other builds so I havent mounted the scope yet :p