PDA

View Full Version : CZ 97B Opinions

RONK
07-23-15, 05:27
I'm looking for opinions on the CZ 97B,please?

Arik
07-23-15, 09:44
What do you want it for? Just to have/range gun or to carry/SD?

If you want to have one by all means go for it. CZ are generally good guns. If you're going to use it a primary there are much better options.

-Mags are not easy to find
-As large as the grip is it only holds 10 rounds. At least the FN squeezes in 15 and the Glock 13
-trigger pull is long and heavy
-the reach is long too
-Aftermarket support almost zero

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

click boom
07-25-15, 20:00
CZ's are awesome. 97 is great, there is a lot of aftermarket actually. But it's not necessarily unless you want it, but people that do get aftermarket thru cajun gun works or cz customs swear by it. Mags are easy to get, Grips are easy to get, tons of different kind of trigger/sear/hammer/tiny parts etc...

The gun is inherently low recoiling because of the slide geometry, inside the frame fit and low bore axis.

But if you're looking at the 97, look REAL hard at the tanfoglio elite match 45. I have one of those and it is truly a 1911 killer.

Gary1911A1
07-26-15, 15:50
I don't know what CZ was thinking when they design the 97. To big, to heavy with the full length dustcover, and to long of a trigger reach. Honestly I'd look at one of the Witness Elites. Stay away from their lower price models though.

click boom
07-26-15, 16:32
I don't know what CZ was thinking when they design the 97. To big, to heavy with the full length dustcover, and to long of a trigger reach. Honestly I'd look at one of the Witness Elites. Stay away from their lower price models though.

The elite match 45 is the best $1500 gun that you can buy for $700
http://i61.tinypic.com/2yo2t4z.jpg

Pilot1
07-26-15, 16:46
What do you want it for? Just to have/range gun or to carry/SD?

If you want to have one by all means go for it. CZ are generally good guns. If you're going to use it a primary there are much better options.

-Mags are not easy to find
-As large as the grip is it only holds 10 rounds. At least the FN squeezes in 15 and the Glock 13
-trigger pull is long and heavy
-the reach is long too
-Aftermarket support almost zero

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I recently bought a new 97B with the updated feed ramp, fiber optic front site, and aluminum grips. It is an awesome pistol out of the box. Accurate, and reliable with FMJ, JHP, and my cast lead reloads. CZ-USA supports them fully. Mags can be found on line, and with the thin aluminum grips, and trigger at half cock, even men with girly man hands can shoot them well. The trigger is excellent, but if you want better Cajun Gun Works offers all kinds of drop in kits.

I'm in Chester County, so if you want to shoot mine, just send me a PM, my Philly brother.