PDA

View Full Version : CA man found dead had 1,200 guns, 6.5 tons of ammo, and $230,000 cash

7.62NATO
07-23-15, 11:54
Interesting story out of CA. Government agent or hoarder?

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2015/07/22/mystery-man-found-decomposing-in-car-had-more-than-1200-guns-cash-underwater-car/

An attorney said Wednesday that the body of a mystery man was decomposing in his car in the tony Pacific Palisades neighborhood in Southern California for nearly two weeks before he was found by authorities on July 17.

Inside his home, detectives discovered more than 1,200 guns, scopes, 6.5 tons of ammunition, bows and arrows, knives, machetes and $230,000 in cash.

They also found eight of the 14 vehicles registered to the man stashed across Los Angeles, including a Toyota SUV designed to drive underwater.

Who the man was and how he came to accumulate the arsenal and vehicles are questions authorities are still trying to answer.

...he worked as an undercover operative for multiple unnamed government agencies, Braun said.

BuzzinSATX
07-23-15, 11:58
When folks wonder how you can ever have enough ammo...when you can can quantify your ammo cache in TONS, I'm thinking you have enough LOL!

Kain
07-23-15, 12:03
When folks wonder how you can ever have enough ammo...when you can can quantify your ammo cache in TONS, I'm thinking you have enough LOL!

Indeed. Preparedness achieved, lol.

Am I the only one having the urge to post this on some local sites just to see what kind of screwiness comes out of the woodwork? I mean the conspiracy theories some of the fudds might come up with could be epic!

BuzzinSATX
07-23-15, 12:20
Another way to look at this...thinking about the old adage "He who dies with the most toys wins"....this guy is definitely in the finals!

Take Care,

Buzz

WickedWillis
07-23-15, 12:24

HAHAHAHA No kidding. Life goals.

Flankenstein
07-23-15, 12:30
Gun to ammo ratio way out of whack.

KalashniKEV
07-23-15, 12:35
LOL!

"I'm about to die in a few minutes, baby... Just park me in my car down the block and ninja squad will take care of everything. You should take a vacation with your friends."

Lash and Nebron were together for 17 years and she believed him when he told her that he worked as an undercover operative for multiple unnamed government agencies, Braun said.

Braun said Nebron and two friends were in a car at a supermarket early July 4, when Lash felt hot and had trouble breathing. For three hours they tried to ice him down.

“He wouldn’t go to a hospital and didn’t want any 911 call,” Braun said. When he died, Nebron parked him in a car down the street from the condo they shared, the lawyer said.

Police say they don’t believe there was any foul play involved in his death, but the official cause has been deferred pending further investigation.

Lash told Nebron the government agencies would take care of his body and the items in the home, so Nebron and her friends took a trip to Oregon, distraught.

When they returned about 10 days later, Nebron was shocked to still see Lash’s body in the car.

Moose-Knuckle
07-23-15, 12:38
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that this man's fiancé was duped like Jamile Lee Curtis was in True Lies by Bill Paxton.

Doesn't pass the sniff test clue #1:

LAPD Deputy Chief of Detectives Kirk Albanese said there’s no indication the man was doing anything illegal with the weapons. Detectives were reviewing everything, but so far the guns appeared to be registered to him. Many were still in boxes or had price tags.

The guns are worth more than $5 million . . .

"Secret Agents" don't hoard $5 Million dollars worth of Title III firearms in their own house much less register them in their own name and keep the price tag on them lol.

Doesn't pass the sniff test clue #2:

Braun said Nebron and two friends were in a car at a supermarket early July 4, when Lash felt hot and had trouble breathing. For three hours they tried to ice him down.

“He wouldn’t go to a hospital and didn’t want any 911 call,” Braun said. When he died, Nebron parked him in a car down the street from the condo they shared, the lawyer said.

Police say they don’t believe there was any foul play involved in his death, but the official cause has been deferred pending further investigation.

Lash told Nebron the government agencies would take care of his body and the items in the home, so Nebron and her friends took a trip to Oregon, distraught.

So you're at a supermarket with your fiancé and friends getting things to celebrate the 4th of July holiday and he succumbs to heat exhaustion. No don't call 911 for an ambulance instead LEAVE HIM TO DIE INSIDE A HOT CAR AND TAKE A TRIP OUT OF STATE, makes sense to me . . .

KalashniKEV
07-23-15, 12:39
1 x AR and 1199 bolt guns:

http://static3.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.2301593.1437658351!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_635/usa-california-gun-cache-found.jpg

KalashniKEV
07-23-15, 12:42
Pistolas:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/07/21/11/2AB6E34700000578-0-image-a-13_1437476246116.jpg

Moose-Knuckle
07-23-15, 12:45
Sadly LAPD/LASO will probably melt them down.

Yeah, super spies don't have much use for Fudd bolt guns. In the second pic I do spy a SA M1A Scout.

Wished I could cherry pick some of those wheel guns though, some out of production Colt and S&W are in the pile to be sure.

SomeOtherGuy
07-23-15, 12:51
Do we have any regulars who recently stopped posting? Better check!

I have .01 tons - is that enough? ;-)

Gun to ammo ratio way out of whack.

Totally. It should have been at least 1 ton/rifle. Guy should have had maybe three centerfire guns and a .22.

Kain
07-23-15, 13:04
I have .01 tons - is that enough? ;-)

Amateur!!! ;)

Though I would be curious to know what ammo is in that 6.5 tons. I mean if he is like a friend of mine with something like 2/3 of a mil rounds in inventory he has cases of stuff that you can't buy any more to include at least a case of Black Talons in just 10mm, not including other calibers. Pretty neat when helping him sort out and inventory the stuff.

THCDDM4
07-23-15, 13:09
Fiance believed he was a secret agent/alien-human hybrid here to save the human race:

I'll just leave this here...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3172296/It-s-worse-Twilight-Zone-movie-Decomposing-body-car-hidden-5M-gun-arsenal-missing-mother-two-believed-dead-man-alien-secret-agent-sent-save-human-race.html

Moose-Knuckle
07-23-15, 13:27
Fiance believed he was a secret agent/alien-human hybrid here to save the human race:

I'll just leave this here...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3172296/It-s-worse-Twilight-Zone-movie-Decomposing-body-car-hidden-5M-gun-arsenal-missing-mother-two-believed-dead-man-alien-secret-agent-sent-save-human-race.html

Well it is California . . .

Those two broads are the type to follow anyone and do their bidding; Charles Manson, Jim Jones, et al.

KalashniKEV
07-23-15, 13:38
Wished I could cherry pick some of those wheel guns though, some out of production Colt and S&W are in the pile to be sure.

I'll bet by day 2 all the officers working the scene had their cargo pants on.

Probably it was 1500 guns when they started... ;)

BuzzinSATX
07-23-15, 14:05

Wouldn't they pass on via his estate?

Take Care,

Buzz

SteyrAUG
07-23-15, 14:15
He probably died from trying to be a gun owner in CA. That would probably kill me.

Big A
07-23-15, 14:51

Yeah, super spies don't have much use for Fudd bolt guns. In the second pic I do spy a SA M1A Scout.

Amen! I see a Ruger Security Six for sure.

This story is so full of WTF tho...

7.62NATO
07-23-15, 15:11
I'll bet by day 2 all the officers working the scene had their cargo pants on.

Probably it was 1500 guns when they started... ;)

Would you?

wildcard600
07-23-15, 15:31
He probably died from trying to be a gun owner in CA. That would probably kill me.

This literally made me burst out laughing.

HKGuns
07-23-15, 15:39

Ha! Me too! :)

KalashniKEV
07-23-15, 15:39
He probably died from trying to be a gun owner in CA.

Apparently he tried and succeeded at least 1200 times.

Would you?

Good question.

Me? Here and now? A bunch of fudd rifles and revolvers? No.

But I try to put myself in different circumstances to see if I would... like... what if I was a rookie cop with kids barely making it. I'm the only one holding down the scene. No owner inventory appears to exist. A nice M1911A1 in the cardboard box with the waxy paper is sitting there looking at me... I know due to policy that they will all get crunched...

I might have to do my part to preserve an important piece of American History...

:)

cinco
07-23-15, 17:07
Interesting story out of CA. Government agent or hoarder?

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2015/07/22/mystery-man-found-decomposing-in-car-had-more-than-1200-guns-cash-underwater-car/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H89XiE7GWao

SteyrAUG
07-23-15, 18:37

The symptoms seem about right. Sweating profusely, increased heart rate, disorientation.

SteyrAUG
07-23-15, 18:39
Apparently he tried and succeeded at least 1200 times.

I was referring to the act of "being" not the acquisition of. If I had to put a bullet button on every semi auto I own I'd probably check myself out.

7.62NATO
07-23-15, 18:42
I was referring to the act of "being" not the acquisition of. If I had to put a bullet button on every semi auto I own I'd probably check myself out.

Do folks actually install those things?

SteyrAUG
07-23-15, 18:51
Do folks actually install those things?

Yeah. Just think about all the people on gun forums that try and bust somebody out to make sure the rifle they posted a picture of is 922r compliant and then multiply that by about 12 and you have the percentage of "bullet button" police within the CA gun owning community.

My cousin was showing videos of himself shooting some of my ARs and HKs last time he was in FL and one of the "gun owners" he was showing them to tried to call him out for his "illegal" guns.

Hootiewho
07-24-15, 07:03
There is a lot of money in that bolt gun pile. I saw at least 5 USMC return stocks with what looked like maybe a 40x in them, one AIAW, 1 robar bolt gun and possibly a Tac Ops bolt gun. There is no telling how much $ he has sunk into that. They don't appear to be walmart grade savages.

I would seriously haunt the hell out of anyone who piled my stash up like that on concrete.

The_War_Wagon
07-24-15, 07:41
Yeah. Just think about all the people on gun forums that try and bust somebody out to make sure the rifle they posted a picture of is 922r compliant and then multiply that by about 12 and you have the percentage of "bullet button" police within the CA gun owning community.

That's HALF the fun of belonging to Calguns, & posting pics of my rifles... from PA. ;)

SilverBullet432
07-24-15, 07:45
Wow. Much guns. Such firepower.

Averageman
07-24-15, 08:20
This has kind of got me thinking about what would happen if I might have a similar event.
No, I don't have two Blondes convinced I'm a hybrid space alien/human (not this week anyway) but what would happen to this stock pile of stuff in case I pass unexpectedly.
I would certainly hope my Son would sit on this stuff for a couple of years and keep some and sell off the rest of it off. I would guess it might be time to make a list, put some prices on it and leave some instructions.

Moose-Knuckle
07-24-15, 11:57
This has kind of got me thinking about what would happen if I might have a similar event.
No, I don't have two Blondes convinced I'm a hybrid space alien/human (not this week anyway) but what would happen to this stock pile of stuff in case I pass unexpectedly.
I would certainly hope my Son would sit on this stuff for a couple of years and keep some and sell off the rest of it off. I would guess it might be time to make a list, put some prices on it and leave some instructions.

It does get you thinking about the inevitable. The wife and I have been "meaning" to do a legal will for awhile now. We just had our first so I guess it's high time to get something down on paper.

w3453l
07-24-15, 19:11
That's HALF the fun of belonging to Calguns, & posting pics of my rifles... from PA. ;)

That's like setting the channel to The Food Network on the TV's at the gym for the fat peeps on tread mills.

jpmuscle
07-24-15, 19:20
Looks to be an RMR in the first pic in post #10 by Kev. Rifle at the bottom of the shot.

cop1211
07-24-15, 20:12
Someone notify me when the estate sale is going to be held.

Savior 6
07-25-15, 05:40
... Government agent or hoarder?...

Simply the envy of us all.

Outlander Systems
07-25-15, 11:20
So...ah...I may have missed it, but what, exactly was the line of work of the deceased?

Whatever it was, I am in the wrong business.

Averageman
07-25-15, 11:43
So...ah...I may have missed it, but what, exactly was the line of work of the deceased?

Whatever it was, I am in the wrong business.

He was an alien/human hybrid that worked for various unnamed alphabet agencies; well at least according to the girlfriend.
Since they have an opening I was going to drop off a resume, but my Mother is still clinging to the claim that my Dad was human.
Seems like it pays well anyway.

Outlander Systems
07-25-15, 12:13
He was an alien/human hybrid that worked for various unnamed alphabet agencies; well at least according to the girlfriend.
Since they have an opening I was going to drop off a resume, but my Mother is still clinging to the claim that my Dad was human.
Seems like it pays well anyway.

Oh. Well cool. That makes sense.