PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte pastor plans to protect church with pistol

Amp Mangum
07-24-15, 07:57
"We need protection," Stevenson told NBC Charlotte from inside her church's pulpit. "I want them to know 'Have no fear. God is here,' but we got two more members. Smith, and Wesson."

http://www.wcnc.com/story/news/local/2015/07/23/charlotte-pastor-plans-to-protect-church-with-pistol/30593025/

God bless her!

Watrdawg
07-24-15, 08:32
I have various friends that belong to different churches that are part of those churches security teams. In our church there must be at least 20-30 people that are carrying concealed at any given time. We are a fairly conservative church with a lot of military members. Most of them are SOF types. However, it's good to see others taking responsibility for their own protection. Needs to become the norm.

brown3345
07-24-15, 18:58
Same as our church, our Pastor has asked a few selected individuals that they carry concealed at each service. Mostly (but not all) ex military or retired police. It just makes sense.

SilverBullet432
07-24-15, 19:00
Good. We have a local father who carries.

CatSnipah
07-24-15, 19:24
"We need protection," Stevenson told NBC Charlotte from inside her church's pulpit. "I want them to know 'Have no fear. God is here,' but we got two more members. Smith, and Wesson."

http://www.wcnc.com/story/news/local/2015/07/23/charlotte-pastor-plans-to-protect-church-with-pistol/30593025/

God bless her!

Awesome!

Let God sort them out, lol.

Dienekes
07-24-15, 19:41
And then there are those (a vast majority) still in denial.

Gotta love those little after-the-fact memorials with candles, teddy bears, and tear-stained notes. After al, it is the thought that counts.

Amp Mangum
07-24-15, 19:54
Next month, Stevenson will take the pulpit with a gun by her side for the first time, a need realized after the Charleston shooting, something she believes might have been stopped if someone inside could have fired back.

“I do not believe nine people would have gotten shot or killed. I talked with my husband and I said, ‘Honey, we need to get a gun,’” Stevenson said.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/community/news-alliance/wbtv-news/article28495306.html

The_War_Wagon
07-24-15, 20:52
Pffft... MY Pastor builds his own AR-15's. AND carries. :cool:

JusticeM4
07-24-15, 22:47
Good stuff. This needs to be more common in many other places (churches, malls, schools, and theaters). I hardly ever go to a movie theater unarmed nowadays.

jpmuscle
07-24-15, 23:01
Good stuff to be certain. Not sure about the public advertising aspect but I digress.

Alpha-17
07-25-15, 12:53
I'm probably the only person in my church who carries. Pretty small place, usually no more than 15-20 members, and most of them elderly, but it's sad how few people realize the tempting targets churches are.

Travis B
07-26-15, 19:26
We may go to the same church? I believe my church has a similar congregation in the F'ville area.

I have various friends that belong to different churches that are part of those churches security teams. In our church there must be at least 20-30 people that are carrying concealed at any given time. We are a fairly conservative church with a lot of military members. Most of them are SOF types. However, it's good to see others taking responsibility for their own protection. Needs to become the norm.

SteyrAUG
07-26-15, 21:19
Honestly...I don't even know why this is news.

Except for maybe if a few people at the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church had done so a tragedy might have been prevented or lessened.