PDA

View Full Version : Opinions of Vector V93?

MountainRaven
07-25-15, 15:09
Can't find much recent on these, but since Atlantic is selling them with five-year warranties, I assume they're good to go. But I don't want to assume.

So does anybody have any recent experience with Vector's HK93 clones? Preferably one manufactured in the last 12-18 months (due to lawsuit, bankruptcy, &c.)?

Thanks!

SteyrAUG
08-08-15, 01:34
When I last dealt with Vector HK clones they were 100% problems.

Right now MKE / Zenith is bringing in a 5.56 33k style handgun that would make a great SBR platform.

MountainRaven
08-08-15, 14:45
I believe I read on HKPro that the Zenith/MKE guns in 5.56 cannot take HK93 magazines (but their magazines work fine in HK93s). This tends to make me shy away from their weapons.

Further, after some thought, I've decided that if I'm going to SBR a rifle, it's going to be as compact as possible - something that can fit in a medium or small duffle. So something like a 53, rather than a 33K.

If I were going to do an MP5/MP5K/MP5K-PDW I'd absolutely do a Zenith/MKE.

Vintovka
08-08-15, 15:44
I believe I read on HKPro that the Zenith/MKE guns in 5.56 cannot take HK93 magazines (but their magazines work fine in HK93s). This tends to make me shy away from their weapons.

I was actually looking at one of these to have a 5.56 counterpart for my PTR91KF. If this is the case, I'll have to look elsewhere.

scottryan
08-11-15, 18:24

Where is this documented?

MountainRaven
08-11-15, 21:57
Where is this documented?

Link (http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-clone-talk/194292-zenith-quest-international-mke-h-k-clones-imported-manufactured-i-11.html#post1629060).

Yes BATF requirement. Sporting purposes crap (10rd mag limit). From what I have read I think the mags are basically standard mags with a notch cut in it (so it will work with the block welded in the mag well). They say the rifle mags will work in other HKs and clones but that standard HK mags won't work in the MKE rifles.

Emphasis mine.

scottryan
08-11-15, 22:09
That is only for the rifle version. The pistol version uses regular HK33 mags.

MountainRaven
08-11-15, 22:27
That is only for the rifle version. The pistol version uses regular HK33 mags.

So you have one? How do you find it?

Aries144
08-12-15, 01:18
Military Arms Channel did a video recently about the Turkish HK rifles. IIRC, that magwell block was a 922r importation thing. This would indicate to me that the block could be removed if enough US-made parts were added. I believe the rep stated that they intended to do the conversion in-house before selling them.

Short version: by the time you see them for sale here, the Turkish 93 clones should have no issue accepting HK mags.