PDA

View Full Version : Video shows man putting gun to Metro cop's head, firing....

Whiskey_Bravo
07-27-15, 14:30
http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/las-vegas/video-shows-man-putting-gun-metro-cops-head-firing

Wow, and started over a broken brake light. Guy was agitated from the get go and it just got worse. Officer was damn lucky the guy didn't have a round chambered and he had other officers behind him that were able to quickly neutralize the suspect. Another officer behind the suspects car was hit by the round the bad guy got off, but was treated and released within a few ours.

But Todora just became more irate, then threatened to shoot himself. He reached toward the passenger seat and pulled out a 9mm pistol hidden under a jacket. Luna tried to pull Todora away and out of the vehicle, and the two struggled briefly.

Todora then aimed the pistol at Luna‘s head and pulled the trigger, McMahill said.

The gun was loaded, McMahill said, but did not have a round in the chamber, so it did not fire but readied a round.

Luna heard the click and immediately pulled back and fell to the road, McMahill said. As he did, Todora pulled the trigger a second time.

This time, the gun fired, and a bullet went through a Jeep door frame and shattered the rear driver-side window.

Officer Kroening, who had approached the passenger-side door, saw the commotion and heard the gunshot, and fired three rounds at Todora, killing him.

Then the officers heard another voice saying he‘d been shot.

It was Hogue, who was behind the patrol vehicle and had been hit by the bullet Todora fired through the window.

Luna grabbed Hogue, put him in his vehicle and took him to University Medical Center. The wound was not life-threatening, and Hogue was treated and released a few hours later.

C-grunt
07-27-15, 14:53
Crazy. Glad the officers were okay.

Crow Hunter
07-27-15, 15:08
So what type of 9mm handgun "readies a round" by pulling the trigger? :blink:

Sounds more like the guy had a DAO or DA/SA that didn't fire on the first trigger press and did ignite on the second press rather than not having a round in the chamber as was described in the article by someone who apparently doesn't know how handguns work.

Of course they do make 9mm revolvers but then the description sounds much more like an automatic.

Glad the good guys made it out safe.

soulezoo
07-27-15, 16:29
But of course in a revolver, having a gun loaded means also chambered as well.

And I hate how they say a gun is loaded when a round is not in the chamber.

Ok, I am done for now.

Sounds more like the guy had a DAO or DA/SA that didn't fire on the first trigger press and did ignite on the second press rather than not having a round in the chamber as was described in the article by someone who apparently doesn't know how handguns work.

Of course they do make 9mm revolvers but then the description sounds much more like an automatic.

MAUSER202
07-27-15, 17:31
Thank God the LEO got to go home to his family, there are some real nut cases out there.

Averageman
07-27-15, 18:11
Apparently dunbas88 is an equal opportunity employer.
He gave the guy every chance to just SHTF and go home, but no..
Thank God the Cop went home to his family

SeriousStudent
07-27-15, 21:46
Good shooting by Officer Kroening.

I am glad that Officer Hogue was not severely injured, and returned to duty just in time to buy Officer Kroening a pallet of beer.

sjc3081
07-27-15, 23:08
Over a broken tail light? A little comman sense, I would disengage a man, with obviously nothing to loose over a broken tail light. That cop saw it coming and risked his life over a stupid broken tail light, what a fool.

usmcvet
07-29-15, 05:04
Over a broken tail light? A little comman sense, I would disengage a man, with obviously nothing to loose over a broken tail light. That cop saw it coming and risked his life over a stupid broken tail light, what a fool.

Seriously? You should think before posting. Who said he "saw it coming" and how was he to know the bad guy had "nothing to loose."

Spurholder
07-29-15, 07:02

Yeah, sounds like a bad primer strike. That officer should've bought a lottery ticket...glad he's okay.

jondoe297
07-29-15, 07:27

Unfortunately that mode of thinking makes "comman sense" look like a super power.

Averageman
07-29-15, 08:20

I'm just thinking that part of the whole "Protect and Serve" thing means that when you stop someone, even if it is to only issue a traffic "warning" and they are so whack a doodle crazy that you continue the interview. This Cop had to determine if this guy was a possible harm to himself or the general public at large.
I'm much happier to see a LEO make a stop like this and get this knucklehead off of the street rather than turn him out on the motoring public. Imagine this jack wagons reaction had he had a minor fender bender with you Mother or your Wife?
Something tells me this is good Police work and I'm thankful this guy did it and is safe today.

usmcvet
07-29-15, 09:55
It goes way beyond the tail light. The officer was doing his job. This driver was clearly dangerous.

joe138
07-29-15, 11:17
Had the Officer let him go because of his agitation, would we be talking about his dereliction of duty?

Averageman
07-29-15, 11:59
Had the Officer let him go because of his agitation, would we be talking about his dereliction of duty?

Considering he was whack a doodle crazy and armed with at least two guns, I would say we narrowly missed having another mass shooting if not for this Officer.
As I said earlier, take just a second and imagine his reaction to a minor fender bender with your Wife/Mother/Kids in the other car.

joe138
07-29-15, 12:51
I completely agree that the Officer was right. I was trying to illustrate the consequence of inaction, even if nothing catastrophic happened. The Officer would have been wrong to allow the driver to leave after witnessing his erratic behavior.