PDA

View Full Version : Any RMR fans?

9mmSMG
07-29-15, 11:16

Picked up this G34 this weekend and thought it was fate there was an RMR above it on the shelf. Had to order the correct mounting hardware and just ordered some suppressor sights. I'm in love.

WickedWillis
07-29-15, 11:35
People do seem to love them. I have not used one on a slide mount, just an ACOG and a shotgun.

9mmSMG
07-29-15, 18:54
First time using a trijicon RMR, used to run a doctor on my acog. Also first time with it on a pistol, once I figured out the game of "find the dot" things go a lot faster.

FlyingHunter
07-29-15, 18:56
Waiting (and waiting and waiting) on the Leupold Deltapoint Pro to arrive...then I think I'll give it a try.

Toecheese
07-29-15, 20:07
Waiting (and waiting and waiting) on the Leupold Deltapoint Pro to arrive...then I think I'll give it a try.

Same here....gotta love that Military purchase program!

9mmSMG
07-29-15, 20:48
Just curious what you guys prefer about the delta point over the rmr

Toecheese
07-29-15, 21:22
The price.........if Trijicon offered direct military pricing, I would consider them as well. Both are fine choices!

Defaultmp3
07-29-15, 21:23
Just curious what you guys prefer about the delta point over the rmr
Easier to change the battery, as it's up top rather than on the bottom like the RMR. Wider FOV, so slightly more forgiving on the index. Built-in rear BUIS is an option. Those are the three main advantages over the RMR, IMO. It's also a fair bit heavier, and sits higher than the RMR, for the downsides. This is in reference to the Deltapoint Pro, not the original Deltapoint, which has a separate set of advantages and disadvantages.

GO_ALLOUT
07-29-15, 21:27
Running one on G17...LOVE IT!http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/29/878b3246059ea41804ac738bd5bb9b98.jpg

themonk
07-29-15, 21:42
Deltapoint has a lot of advantages as Defaultmp3 mentioned above. The RMR is built to be robust though, the aluminum housing is built to move shock down the sides of optic vs the top which will cause the glass to crack. I would not want to beat on a Deltapoint the way I have beat on my RMR.
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff482/laddmc/IMG_7932_zpshq6p5ffo.jpg

9mmSMG
07-29-15, 21:44
Alright, my main concern was it a durability. I was apprehensive for a long time about them until I watched people racking the slide of their handgun off a table with them.

themonk
07-29-15, 21:47
Alright, my main concern was it a durability. I was apprehensive for a long time about them until I watched people racking the slide of their handgun off a table with them.

You can beat the crap out of them!

ChaseN
07-29-15, 21:51
I LOVE mine. I have it on a G19 with an APL. I carry it all day everyday in a kydex AIWB holster of my own design and construction.

9mmSMG
07-29-15, 21:54
What kind of battery life are you getting leaving it on all day?

ChaseN
07-29-15, 21:59
Only had it 3 months, the battery life from trijicon is advertised as 4 years at the middle setting. I have a Google calendar reminder set to notify me at the one year mark. I'll gladly replace the battery and re-zero it once a year for peace of mind. FWIW I have an RM06 (adjustable 3.5 MOA dot) that I usually leave on the auto brightness setting, so it stays pretty dim either under my t shirt, in my locker at work (have to carry a sig on duty) or in my dark bedroom. But if I pull it out in a brightly lit room or the sunshine it auto adjusts quicker than I can get the first round off. Very impressed.

I just bought a G20 and plan to send it off for the same work I had done to my 19 (rmr cut, front cocking serrations, suppressor night sights, cerakote) and I will be interested to see how the rmr holds up to full bore underwood 10mm ammo.

Better pic of the gun itself: (sorry not a great photog)

Turnkey11
07-29-15, 23:29
Are any RMR models nv compatible?

jayfl
07-30-15, 03:11
Are any RMR models nv compatible?

https://www.trijicon.com/resources/downloads/2015_Trijicon_RMR.pdf

ADJUSTABLE BRIGHTNESS
Features an automatic brightness mode
and controls for eight adjustable settings
including 2 NV and 1 super bright

GO_ALLOUT
07-30-15, 06:17
I'm running the adjustable rm06. Picked one up for SBR as well because I liked it so much. As stated battery life has not been an issue and I've been changing them out once a year just to be safe.

themonk
07-30-15, 06:31
What kind of battery life are you getting leaving it on all day?

I change the battery once a year. No issue otherwise with the battery life.

9mmSMG
07-30-15, 08:27
You been leaving it on medium setting?

themonk
07-30-15, 08:32
You been leaving it on medium setting?

I am running a RM02 RMR with the 6.5 MOA dot so its always on. Trij says battery life on the RM02 is two years and I have no reason to doubt them.

I run that 19 as one of my carry guns so every year on my birthday I burn through my carry ammo and swap it out for new stuff and change out my batteries.

busdriver
08-01-15, 13:42
I have an RM02 that still has the original battery going on three years now. It's a range toy so I don't really care, otherwise once a year is plenty.

MrCip
08-01-15, 15:24
I have an RMR on a ProCORE. It's been great. Something to get use to finding that dot at first...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GO_ALLOUT
08-02-15, 09:08
For me, having the blacked out suppressor height irons helped significantly with training myself to find the dot quickly. They're obviously also important in case the rds does fail. For storage and even harsh conditions I have picked up some strike industries Jellyfish($15ea.) which are transparent covers that pop on and off very easily but can be left on while shooting. I wasn't worried about protecting the rds...as stated these things can take a beating...but i wanted to have protection for the glass - mainly when in storage/transport.

diving dave
08-02-15, 15:29
Been running one on a FNX45 Tac, still trying to get used to it...theres a definite learning curve, sometimes I have to wiggle around a bit to find the dot. Up close I'm faster with irons, but the RMR makes 50 yd shots so easy.

themonk
08-02-15, 15:46
Best advice I can give on acquiring the dot is to line up your sights just like you would on any pistol without an RMR. Don't even look for the dot, look for sight alignment. From there acquiring the dot will happen naturally. Once you get to that evolution, then it's just like any draw and press out, you will instinctively go to the dot.

Don't chase the dot, use your sights as a runway to the dot.

RWH24
08-02-15, 16:12
Here is a very good video on RDS and BUIS for pistols. Aaron Cowan and Sage Dynamics

https://youtu.be/zrrlxEwUaRM