PDA

View Full Version : Rainer Arms 223/556 barrel headspace

AssGasOrBrass
07-30-15, 13:36
Has anyone encountered an issue with Rainer Arms barrels (Select, Match, UltraMatch) properly headspacing (measured w/gauge) to a bolt?

Toecheese
07-30-15, 14:49
If you use in spec parts, uppers, BCG's etc. this will be a non issue. Checking head space is another worm hole that can be researched ad nauseam if you so desire, but I see no reason why you should encounter issues with RA barrels and a reputable BCG. What bolt do you plan on using?

Onyx Z
07-30-15, 15:54
Nope, no problems with either of mine with factory ammo. I've never actually measured it with a gauge, but I do know it is within spec. I reload, so I can pretty much tailor my loads to any headspace though...

AssGasOrBrass
07-30-15, 21:59
If you use in spec parts, uppers, BCG's etc. this will be a non issue. Checking head space is another worm hole that can be researched ad nauseam if you so desire, but I see no reason why you should encounter issues with RA barrels and a reputable BCG. What bolt do you plan on using?

I have not purchased a BCG for this potential build yet. I own BCG's from PSA, AIM-Surplus and Daniel defense. Not exactly super high end stuff but quality mil-spec products.... I wont be buying a BCG for $50 off e-bay or anything like that. Will probably get whatever is on the market for the best deal at the time i am ready to buy. The BCG is alway the last thing I buy when I am building an upper because as we all know, its very easy to swap them out from upper to upper and its a way for me to spread out the cost of the purchase.

Toecheese
07-31-15, 07:55
I would recommend getting a bolt already head spaced from RA along with your barrel.....they will check it for you before it ships. Your DD BCG is high end and mil-spec and is GTG, nothing wrong with AIM or PSA either.