PDA

View Full Version : Defiance? Anyone? (TV Series)

HKGuns
07-30-15, 22:56
I have not noticed a discussion on Defiance here yet. Am I the only one who enjoys this series?

Plenty of gun play, mostly non AR's, but guns regardless. Also Stahma is quite attractive, for a pale alien. Not to mention the Mayor.....

Digital_Damage
07-31-15, 08:20
I have not noticed a discussion on Defiance here yet. Am I the only one who enjoys this series?

Plenty of gun play, mostly non AR's, but guns regardless. Also Stahma is quite attractive, for a pale alien. Not to mention the Mayor.....

They are tapping into their inner games of thrones this season.

Is this the last season because they are killing off characters left and right?

Watrdawg
07-31-15, 08:52
I watch it also. Not a bad series.

soulezoo
07-31-15, 12:07
On the gun play, is it like walking dead where pistols have no recoil and the slides don't cycle and everyone can make consistent head shots from a moving vehicle over bumpy ground at 30 yards?

Digital_Damage
07-31-15, 14:19
On the gun play, is it like walking dead where pistols have no recoil and the slides don't cycle and everyone can make consistent head shots from a moving vehicle over bumpy ground at 30 yards?

What you can't?

soulezoo
07-31-15, 14:34
What you can't?

Well of course I can... But I'm not eveerybody ;-)

Moose-Knuckle
07-31-15, 14:37
I couldn't make it through the pilot episode.

Honu
07-31-15, 15:04
was watching it as a OK show till of course they start having to have the gay thing in the show that does not even fit or need to be there ?

typical IMHO the show was OK but started to suck worse and worse

Digital_Damage
07-31-15, 16:30
was watching it as a OK show till of course they start having to have the gay thing in the show that does not even fit or need to be there ?

typical IMHO the show was OK but started to suck worse and worse

That is what you take away from it? pffffttttt.

Honu
07-31-15, 16:48
yeah no reason to be putting stupid political crap in a show OH aliens are gay now to OH HOW PC !!!!
especially when it does nothing for the show ! just purely to put them in there

don't agree with someone mock them ! hahhahahahah sad little boy

and again it was just a OK show to begin with

That is what you take away from it? pffffttttt.

Digital_Damage
07-31-15, 21:07
yeah no reason to be putting stupid political crap in a show OH aliens are gay now to OH HOW PC !!!!
especially when it does nothing for the show ! just purely to put them in there

don't agree with someone mock them ! hahhahahahah sad little boy

and again it was just a OK show to begin with

what in the hell are you trying to say?

HKGuns
07-31-15, 22:13
Someone was taking advantage of happy hour I think.

brushy bill
07-31-15, 23:12
Not at all. I completely understand what Honu is relating. Progressive liberals must inject homosexuality into every narrative/storyline. It is part of their agenda and many mainstream Americans are tired of them perpetrating their culture war at every turn. I believe Honu is objecting to this and openly stating so. Why is this hard to understand without attributing his complaints to alcohol? I am sick of it too. Whether it is Bruce Jenner winning an award for courage for appearing as a drag queen, a series about a young man with permissive parents who allow him to pretend to be a girl ("Jazz"), or whatever, it is revolting to many of us. I don't make a big deal out of my heterosexuality & don't want to be immersed in a bunch of pro-homosexual messaging when watching TV. Really not hard to follow.

HKGuns
07-31-15, 23:19
Seriously?

He's normally quite well spoken, that post is barely legible.

It was a single scene, male alien hooker trying to get with another alien, who have strange practices to begin with.....all for information.....

Unless I'm forgetting some other scene, this seems a stretch to be insulted by.......

Gunfixr
07-31-15, 23:23
The more i hear about television, the more i appreciate having cut it off.

But yes, from what little shows i see from netflix, all are pervaded with homosexuality, whether is serves a purpose to the story line or not.
It got old some time back.
If they thought ramming it down my throat like that was going to make me like it, they are sadly mistaken. All i do is dislike it more.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

Digital_Damage
08-01-15, 14:57
Ya, could not understand wtf he was trying to get at.

If it is a gripe about Gay aliens, how do we know aliens can even be gay?

Honu
08-01-15, 15:09
and the one who had to have his book signed for his boyfriend and such ? again not offended just tired of it and it stands out and does not fit and just throws it off since they had to put it in ?
and in these cases they seemed very put in and not fitting into the scenes at all :)

I am not insulted at all over it I just like good shows that are well done and do not have to dip into the lets prove we are PC and throw current gay issues into our show about a post apocalyptic show
sadly just like walking dead with did with the gay agenda ? gave nothing to the show or the characters IMHO and does not fit

I should also edit to say I hate new TV shows when they get in the car and then say WOW this Hyundai has a great sunroof where are we going ? OH let me put this in the new GPS and shows closeup etc... that stuff does not fit or help the show only the advertisers
in the above cases of putting agenda like that it stands out ? the lines are awkward the delivery is not in line with the rest of the show etc... ?

same as OH we are in this mess because people did not believe in global warming
start putting in current political agenda into shows cheapens them and ruins them is all :)

I am sure some shows will be quick to put in how great planned parent hood is soon in to support them with the current controversy going on selling aborted body parts and joking about it

Seriously?

He's normally quite well spoken, that post is barely legible.

It was a single scene, male alien hooker trying to get with another alien, who have strange practices to begin with.....all for information.....

Unless I'm forgetting some other scene, this seems a stretch to be insulted by.......