PDA

View Full Version : Hope, Change, and Open Borders = Dead Americans

Moose-Knuckle
07-31-15, 19:11
City mourns as teen charged in killing appears in court

Police say on Sunday, the teen lured Madyson Middleton into his family's apartment from a courtyard at an artists' complex where they both lived. Once inside, he tied her up, sexually assaulted and killed her, according a charging document.

Police say Gonzalez then hid the girl's body in a recycling bin

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3810/19995337008_f95759f20e_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/wsVk4N)

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/388/19996734799_8628eb21a2_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/wt3uzD)

http://news.yahoo.com/teen-charged-death-8-old-appear-court-060717422.html#

Suspect charged with murder of Hayward police sergeant

In the courtroom, Estrada faced murder and firearms charges as well as special circumstance enhancements of murder of a peace officer, lying in wait and drive-by.

Lunger, 48, was shot near Myrtle and Lion streets in Hayward at about 3:15 a.m. on Wednesday after he and another officer stopped a truck that police said Estrada was erratically driving.

Capt. Mark Koller said Lunger, a 15-year veteran of the department who lived in Brentwood, was shot without warning as he approached the driver's side of the vehicle after he and the other officer stopped Estrada.

Hayward Police Chief Diane Urban said Estrada doesn't have a prior criminal record but police believe he's associated with a gang.

According to Estrada's Facebook page, he was born in Mexico . . .

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/421/19560203494_bfacebe8a5.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/vNta2Q)

http://abc7news.com/news/suspect-charged-with-murder-of-hayward-police-sergeant/878757/

FBI: Suspect in Montana shooting says victim laughed at him

Jesus (Hay-Zeus) Deniz-Mendoza gunned down a Native American Family who stopped to help him on the side of the road.

An 18-year-old Wyoming man accused of robbing and shooting three members of a family after asking for roadside help told investigators he opened fire after one of the victims laughed at him, an FBI agent said in a court filing Thursday.

"Deniz told the interviewing agents that he shot the victims because he was getting tired of waiting around, and because the daughter had laughed at him," the statement said.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/385/19995554958_5803ce04b7_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/wsWrRy)

http://news.yahoo.com/suspect-montana-family-shooting-wyoming-18-old-182805140.html#

RancidSumo
07-31-15, 19:15
Jesus Deniz is not an illegal immigrant.

Moose-Knuckle
07-31-15, 19:20
Jesus Deniz is not an illegal immigrant.

Was the woman who birthed him?

RancidSumo
07-31-15, 19:20
No, both his parents are here legally.

Moose-Knuckle
07-31-15, 19:26
Yes, both his parents are here legally.

Well that's good, I never implied any of these three murdering 02 thieves were here illegally. Rather this is a by-product of our .gov's open border stance whether these guys are illegal, have papers, or are citizens doesn't change the fact their victims are still dead.

RancidSumo
07-31-15, 19:28
Changing presidents isn't going to stop legal immigration. That is a stupid thing to blame Obama for.

Moose-Knuckle
07-31-15, 19:37
Changing presidents isn't going to stop legal immigration.

"Legal immigration" that is part of the problem as well.

That is a stupid thing to blame Obama for.

Yes, as POTUS he IS to blame of the dismantling of our DHS/ICE/INS/etc. He IS to blame for the "Dream Act", for flooding CONUS with OTMs from Central America. So on and so forth . . .

RancidSumo
07-31-15, 19:39
Legal immigration is not a problem and if you think Romney or McCain would have prevented Mexicans from legally immigrating, you are delusional.

Dienekes
07-31-15, 20:58
Legal immigration IS a problem. The 1965 Immigration Act, thanks to Teddy Kennedy, ash canned the old national origins quota system in favor of vastly increased immigration from Third World countries. It also provided for large numbers of immigrant visas for the immediate (and some NOT so immediate) relatives of US citizens. Plus all kinds of special visas for employers claiming they couldn't get USCs to work for them for lousy wages and working conditions. Google up "agricultural labor" and Bill Gates/H1B visas. Yes, all "legal", so shut up and deal with it.

As to what illegal immigration has "accomplished", even the man in the street is beginning to figure out. Not to mention that the rule of law no longer applies, thanks to agency hacks hired to not do their jobs.

None of which bothers either wing of our monolithic Party.

RancidSumo
07-31-15, 21:08
I doubt you know anything at all about hiring immigrants for agricultural labor. You know many Americans that want to live out in the badlands and herd sheep?

MountainRaven
07-31-15, 22:03
I doubt you know anything at all about hiring immigrants for agricultural labor. You know many Americans that want to live out in the badlands and herd sheep?

I know a few who firmly believe that they were born 100-150 years too late.

Not that I think that they would take the job, as horses are expensive to pay for and you can't exactly mistreat them today like you could then.

MegademiC
07-31-15, 22:09

Supply and demand. Artificially tipping the forces of capitalism is bad. It leads to all kinds of shit like ethanol is gasoline and corn syrup in our shitty coke.

I'm not against imigration, but if you pay enough, people will do it. If the industry dies, so be it.

RancidSumo
07-31-15, 22:10
Supply and demand. Artificially tipping the forces of capitalism is bad. It leads to all kinds of shit like ethanol is gasoline and corn syrup in our shitty coke.

I don't know what this means.

MegademiC
07-31-15, 22:14
I don't know what this means.
It means saying we must hire immigrants to support the sheep industry makes no sense. Maybe I misinterpreted your post?

RancidSumo
07-31-15, 22:18
It means saying we must hire immigrants to support the sheep industry makes no sense. Maybe I misinterpreted your post?

That isn't anything to do with supply and demand. If anything, artificially placing limits on who you can hire is messing with the markets.

SilverBullet432
07-31-15, 22:20
Dozens of crackheads out there killing each other on the street too. No rants on that. White on white. Crime is everywhere, no matter who what, where they came from or skin color. Crime is everywhere man. The only thing we can do is ensure our own family's safety. Politicians wont do a damn thing about it. No matter what "side" theyre on.

SilverBullet432
07-31-15, 22:27

There's all kinds of immigrants, the ones who actually come here to bust their ass and send some money back home, and the ones who come here to kill and rape our women. (Sad how you only hear about those on the news huh?) the ones who bust ass everyday have families back home. Home in Mexico, a real shithole where the govt. doesnt give a hoot and theres no good jobs, education is expensive for most people and there is little chance of success unless you start smuggling coke. The very coke which the US wants and desires.

Averageman
07-31-15, 22:51
There's all kinds of immigrants, the ones who actually come here to bust their ass and send some money back home, and the ones who come here to kill and rape our women. (Sad how you only hear about those on the news huh?) the ones who bust ass everyday have families back home. Home in Mexico, a real shithole where the govt. doesnt give a hoot and theres no good jobs, education is expensive for most people and there is little chance of success unless you start smuggling coke. The very coke which the US wants and desires.

The only way Mexico and other South of the Border countries will ever improve is if the people there take their governments back. That's never going to happen unless we close the border, control immigration and begin deporting the criminal element we find here.
We act as a pressure relief valve for the corrupt governments south of us, so until that changes they will be stuck in the same rut they have found themselves in forever.
For the most part the criminal element in the immigrant population will prey upon those within their own ethnicity first and foremost. The fact is they hurt more of their own and most of those crimes go unreported.

Dienekes
08-01-15, 00:27

You lose.

RancidSumo
08-01-15, 00:31
You lose.

Lol, alright. Your brilliant arguments are clearly too much for me. We should lock up all the borders and never let anyone or anything in or out.

Moose-Knuckle
08-01-15, 13:33
Legal immigration IS a problem. The 1965 Immigration Act, thanks to Teddy Kennedy, ash canned the old national origins quota system in favor of vastly increased immigration from Third World countries. It also provided for large numbers of immigrant visas for the immediate (and some NOT so immediate) relatives of US citizens. Plus all kinds of special visas for employers claiming they couldn't get USCs to work for them for lousy wages and working conditions. Google up "agricultural labor" and Bill Gates/H1B visas. Yes, all "legal", so shut up and deal with it.

As to what illegal immigration has "accomplished", even the man in the street is beginning to figure out. Not to mention that the rule of law no longer applies, thanks to agency hacks hired to not do their jobs.

None of which bothers either wing of our monolithic Party.

This is spot on.

The powers at be want a North American Union, no more United States, Canada, and Mexico. A borderless North American hemisphere with a single currency. Through social engineering they are changing the voting demographic in CONUS. In CA the Department of Motor Vehicles is commonly referred to as the Department of Mexican Voting.

Moose-Knuckle
08-01-15, 13:35
I know a few who firmly believe that they were born 100-150 years too late.

I figure I was born about 258 years too late.

Not that I think that they would take the job, as horses are expensive to pay for and you can't exactly mistreat them today like you could then.

I'm sorry but I don't understand you here, are you suggesting that gringos abuse horses?

Moose-Knuckle
08-01-15, 13:46
Dozens of crackheads out there killing each other on the street too. No rants on that. White on white. Crime is everywhere, no matter who what, where they came from or skin color. Crime is everywhere man. The only thing we can do is ensure our own family's safety. Politicians wont do a damn thing about it. No matter what "side" theyre on.

This is true, a few of us here discuss the black on black violence particularly in Chicago on a regular basis and the double standard with the civil rights industry and the hypocrisy of the "black lives matter" crowd. Essentially brown lives don't matter, white lives don't matter, Indian lives don't matter, Asian, et al. We do discuss white crime as well, especially the more horrendous stories such as the white 02 thief responsible for the SC Church shooting and the Chesire, CT. home invasion where two white 02 thieves raped and murdered a white MD's two young daughters and wife.

The reason for starting this thread is that while listing to AM talk radio I had heard about these THREE crimes in one day. Noting on the MSM. All we see/hear is the white cop who shot the black guy with 60 priors and 13 kids in Ohio.

Being a fellow Texan I'm sure you are familiar with the black woman who hung HERSELF in a COSO jail and the usual suspects are attempting to spin it as she was LYNCHED by SO staff. It's been on the local news here NON-STOP. And the McKinney PD LEO who's career is over for simply restraining a black female on the ground that he instructed THREE TIMES to leave the scene of a flash mob riot. The only thing that got that out of the national headlines was the SC church shooting.

MountainRaven
08-01-15, 15:44
I'm sorry but I don't understand you here, are you suggesting that gringos abuse horses?

No, I'm saying that I don't think that the compensation they would receive for being shepherds in the badlands would be sufficient to allow them to adequately care for their horses.

26 Inf
08-01-15, 15:59
I followed this exchange with interest as I believe we should lock the borders and deal ethically with the 'non-criminal' immigrants. (Get what I mean by non-criminal - I understand that being here illegal is a crime):

Dienekes: Legal immigration IS a problem. The 1965 Immigration Act, thanks to Teddy Kennedy, ash canned the old national origins quota system in favor of vastly increased immigration from Third World countries. It also provided for large numbers of immigrant visas for the immediate (and some NOT so immediate) relatives of US citizens. Plus all kinds of special visas for employers claiming they couldn't get USCs to work for them for lousy wages and working conditions. Google up "agricultural labor" and Bill Gates/H1B visas. Yes, all "legal", so shut up and deal with it.

None of which bothers either wing of our monolithic Party

Rancid Sumo: I doubt you know anything at all about hiring immigrants for agricultural labor. You know many Americans that want to live out in the badlands and herd sheep?

MegaDemic: Supply and demand. Artificially tipping the forces of capitalism is bad. It leads to all kinds of shit like ethanol is gasoline and corn syrup in our shitty coke.I'm not against immigration, but if you pay enough, people will do it. If the industry dies, so be it. [/I]

I think one of the problems regarding this issue - illegal immigration - is that we look at one particular aspect of it depending on the topic being discussed. The problem is sufficiently complex that there are no one size fits all solutions. The root of the problem is, IMVHO, political pressure exerted by corporate America and strong agri-business lobbyists.

Here we go with some history, courtesy of google and PBS:

Illegal immigration has long been a problem in the United States, especially since the latter half of the twentieth century.

The origins of illegal immigration date to the late nineteenth century. In 1875, a federal law was passed which prohibited entry of convicts and prostitutes. In 1882 President Chester A. Arthur banned almost all Chinese immigration to the United States, and shortly thereafter barred paupers, criminals and the mentally ill from entering. Although this affected only a small percentage of immigrants, there were now distinctions between legal and illegal immigration. Before this, immigration was barely regulated.

Ellis Island, the New York portal for immigrants, opened in 1892 and became the nation’s premier federal immigration station. New arrivals were required to prove their identities, answer a series of questions, find a friend or relative who could vouch for them, and were scanned for physical ailments. When it ended operation in 1954, Ellis Island had processed over 12 million legal immigrants.

During the large wave of immigration from 1881 to 1920, nearly 23½ million immigrants poured into the United States from all over the world. In 1921, Congress passed a Quota Law that reduced immigration to 357,000 a year and limited the number of immigrants from any one country. In 1924 immigration was reduced further to 160,000 a year, and in 1929, immigration was cut to 157,000 and quotas were again reset based on national origins in the 1920 U.S. Census. The rationale was that these laws would ensure the existing ethnic composition of the country and help assimilate the 15 million southern and eastern Europeans who had entered the previous forty years.

However, the door was left open for Mexicans (who even then were desired by employers for their cheap labor) and northern Europeans. As history would show, this legal immigration led to illegal immigration and foreshadowed today’s debate on these topics.

The Mexican migratory worker in southwest America is regarded as a necessary part of the bustling harvest season. The need of U.S. employers to import foreign manual labor was heightened first by the expansion of cattle ranches in the Southwest, and by the increase of fruit production in California in 1850 and 1880.

Before Mexican workers supported American agriculture, it was the Chinese who filled the labor hole. Nearly 200,000 Chinese were legally contracted to cultivate California fields, until the Chinese Exclusion Act. Then it was the Japanese who replaced the Chinese as field hands.

Between 1850 and 1880, 55,000 Mexican workers immigrated to the United States to become field hands in regions that had, until very recently, belonged to Mexico. The institution of Mexican workers in the United States was well established at this time in commercial agriculture, the mining industry, light industry and the railroad. The working conditions and salaries of the Mexicans were poor.......

World War I also stoked the fire of Mexican immigration, since Mexican workers performed well in the industry and service fields, working in trades such as machinists, mechanics, painters and plumbers. These years were ripe with employment opportunities for Mexicans because much of the U.S. labor force was overseas fighting the war. Agencies in Mexico recruited for the railway and agriculture industries in the United States......

Mexican workers complaints about the abuse of their labor rights eventually led the Mexican government to action. Led by Venustiano Carranza in 1920, the Mexican government composed a model contract that guaranteed Mexican workers certain rights named in the Mexican Political Constitution. The contract demanded that U.S. ranchers allow workers to bring their families along during the period of the contract. No worker was allowed to leave for the United States without a contract, signed by an immigration official, which stated the rate of pay, work schedule, place of employment and other similar conditions. Thus, this became the first de facto Bracero Program between the two countries.

In 1924, the U.S. Border Patrol was created, an event which would have a significant impact on the lives of Mexican workers. Though the public did not immediately view Mexicans as "illegal aliens," the law now stated that undocumented workers were fugitives. With the advent of the Border Patrol, the definition "illegal alien" is born, and many Mexican citizens north of the border are subject to much suspicion.

During the 1920s illegal immigration was the subject of heated Congressional debates. Edward H. Dowell, vice-president of the California Federation of Labor, testified before the U.S. Senate Committee on Immigration in February of 1928 about the burden of the unrestricted flow of Mexicans on the state’s taxpayers, prisons, hospitals and American workers’ wages. He estimated that while 67,000 Mexicans entered the U.S. legally the prior year, many times that number entered illegally.

Immigration dropped sharply during the lean years of the Great Depression. After the stock market crashed in 1929, the U.S. tightened visa rules which markedly reduced Mexican immigration. Local, state and federal government officials debated what to do with those already here. Some Mexicans repatriated themselves either voluntarily or under pressure from local welfare officials. Others were deported. Eventually between about 500,000 to 1,000,000 Mexicans left the United States between 1929 and 1939. This was due to deportation, as well as other factors such as the threat of deportation and acute unemployment.

It seemed whenever the United States found a reason to close the door on Mexican immigration, a historic event would force them to reopen that door. Such was the case when the United States entered World War II. In 1942, the United States was heading to war with the fascist powers of Europe. Labor was siphoned from all areas of United States industry and poured into those which supported the war efforts. Also in that year, the United States signed the Bracero Treaty which reopened the floodgates for legal immigration of Mexican laborers. Between the period of 1942 and 1964, millions of Mexicans were imported into the U.S. as "braceros" under the Bracero Program to work temporarily on contract to United States growers and ranchers.

Although braceros were supposed to be hired only if an adequate number of Americans could not be found, employers preferred the foreign workers who were willing to work for lesser wages. The program finally ended in 1964 due to complaints from unions and Mexican-Americans that these foreigners were taking jobs from them. Not surprisingly, many of the former braceros reentered and worked in the U.S. illegally -- many for the same employers. Illegal immigration increased greatly during the years of the supposed “temporary work” Bracero Program. The Los Angeles Times reported in May 1950 that 21,000 Mexican nationals had “flooded across Mexican border into the United States during April” and complained about the overworked, understaffed border patrolmen and the “the endless wave of line jumpers, unprecedented in the nation’s history.” The argument about jobs “Americans won’t do” was recited by an employer, while the authorities stressed the need to enforce the law.

Operation Wetback. During President Dwight D. Eisenhower’s first term, it was estimated that illegal Mexican border crossings had grown to about 1 million. Such a massive illegal workforce had a devastating impact on the wages of American workers. Eisenhower, concerned about corruption that resulted from the profits of illegal labor, took decisive action. In 1954 he appointed General Joseph Swing to head the Immigration and Naturalization Service. Shortly thereafter, “Operation Wetback” was launched. With only 1,075 Border Patrol agents, tens of thousands of illegal aliens were caught and sent back deep into Mexico. Hundreds of thousands more returned to their homeland voluntarily. Illegal immigration had dropped 95% by the end of the 1950s.

But it was not to last, as seen in prior decades, after the 1965 Immigration Act passed, while legal immigration increased sharply, illegal immigration rose right along with it. As the Center for Immigration Studies noted, this increased immigration in part because Congress “shifted the legal preference system to family relations and away from employment needs and immigrant ability.” Senator Edward Kennedy said at the time: “The bill will not flood our cities with immigrants. It will not upset the ethnic mix of our society.” However, this bill spurred “chain migration” which fueled illegal immigration, along with a sense of entitlement amongst illegal immigrants. In subsequent decades, Mexico has become the primary source country of both legal and illegal immigration.

The availability of braceros undermined the ability of U.S. workers to demand higher wages. During the 1950s, growers brought in braceros when their U.S. workers either went on strike or merely threatened to do so. In the late 1950s and early 1960s, Cesar Chavez mounted farmworker protests over the program and later said that organizing the United Farm Workers would have been impossible had the bracero program not been abolished in 1964. The grape strike in which the union was born, in fact, began the following year. The bracero program is now widely believed to have contributed greatly to patterns of unauthorized immigration to the United States from Mexico.

Beginning at the same time the Bracero Program was ending was Maquiladoras: the Twin Plant Assembly Program. This massive border industry was created in 1964, and dominates the industrial makeup of the 2,000-mile border between the United States and Mexico. Essentially, it was established by the Border Industrialization Program (B.I.P.) as a replacement for the then-ending Bracero Program.

The advent of the maquiladora industry transformed the border regions into expeditiously developing industrial zones, particularly appealing to American firms that utilized massive labor forces to manufacture goods. Under the provisions of the U.S.-Mexican Twin Plan Agreement, raw materials can be temporarily imported into Mexico duty free under the promise of future exportation. Products are assembled and/or manufactured utilizing inexpensive Mexican labor and the finished products are exported back to the United States where duty is paid only on the Mexican value added.

Most plants in Mexico are located in U.S.-Mexico border towns, to take advantage of the proximity to American markets, suppliers and certain border trade incentives. Along the U.S.-Mexico border, there are over 4000 maquiladoras that employ approximately 1 million workers. The importance of these products almost half consisting of textiles and consumer electronics were second only to oil in the Mexican economy. Since the advent of NAFTA and its opening of foreign trade, companies including BMW, Sony and Matsushita have set up maquiladoras in cities like Reynosa and Matamoros. In turn, smaller supply companies have grown up in McAllen and Harlingen, where land is cheaper.

Many illegal aliens also use the lure of “birthright citizenship,” (a/k/a “anchor babies”) to circumvent U.S. immigration laws and gain permanent residency, if not citizenship. This is a misinterpretation of the 14th Amendment to the Constitution that grants U.S. citizenship on those born on American soil, including children of illegal aliens. Illegal immigrants know that the odds are low that U.S. immigration authorities will deport them, if they have a child who is an American citizen (and who as a bonus also qualifies for taxpayer-funded benefits).

Since the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965, Congress has passed seven amnesties:

1. Immigration and Reform Control Act (IRCA), 1986: A blanket amnesty for over 2.7 million illegal aliens

2. Section 245(i) Amnesty, 1994: A temporary rolling amnesty for 578,000 illegal aliens

3. Section 245(i) Extension Amnesty, 1997: An extension of the rolling amnesty created in 1994

4. Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act (NACARA) Amnesty, 1997: An amnesty for close to one million illegal aliens from Central America

5. Haitian Refugee Immigration Fairness Act Amnesty (HRIFA), 1998: An amnesty for 125,000 illegal aliens from Haiti

6. Late Amnesty, 2000: An amnesty for some illegal aliens who claim they should have been amnestied under the 1986 IRCA amnesty, an estimated 400,000 illegal aliens

7. LIFE Act Amnesty, 2000: A reinstatement of the rolling Section 245(i) amnesty, an estimated 900,000 illegal aliens

The largest of these amnesties was the 1986 Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA) which amnestied about 3 million illegal aliens. This law was supposed to be a compromise -- an attempt to finally limit illegal immigration through strengthened border security and increased immigration enforcement against employers -- combined with amnesty for the millions of illegal workers in the United States. Illegal immigrants who had resided in the U.S. for five years and met other conditions received temporary legal status, which could be later upgraded to citizenship.

President Ronald Reagan approved this “path to citizenship” amnesty due to what was believed to be a relatively small illegal immigrant population. Unlike many current politicians and amnesty proponents, Reagan called this what it was: amnesty. Unfortunately, there was widespread document fraud and the number of illegal aliens seeking amnesty far exceeded expectations. Most importantly, there was no political will to enforce the law against employers. The 1986 IRCA amnesty failed and actually led to millions of more people entering the United States illegally.

While President Bill Clinton made some efforts to combat illegal immigration during the 1990s, the problem remained. In 1996 the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996 was passed. Still, leaders from Central American and Caribbean nations relied heavily on untaxed remittances sent back to their countries from the United States, and worried that Clinton would support mass deportations. While at least paying lip service to enforcement of laws, Clinton assured these leaders that there would be no mass deportations. There were about 7 million illegal aliens residing in the U.S. when he left office.

The eight years of President George W. Bush’s administration saw a marked increase in illegal immigration and a drop in immigration enforcement throughout much of his tenure. For example, the number of illegal aliens arrested in workplace cases fell from nearly 3,000 in 1999 to 445 in 2003, with the number of criminal cases against employers during this period falling from 182 to four. Not surprisingly, by 2005, there were an estimated 10-20 million illegal aliens living in the United States. Even at the end of 2007 after the Bush administration’s enforcement crackdown had been underway; only 92 criminal arrests of employers had taken place, in an economy that, according to the Washington Post, includes 6 million businesses that employ more than 7 million illegal foreign workers.

Despite the failure of past amnesties and the fact that these increase illegal immigration, Bush repeatedly pushed mass legalization (amnesty) schemes for illegal immigrants using the well-worn line that they “are doing jobs Americans will not” or “are not” doing. One scheme was the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act 2007 which was defeated by widespread popular opposition.

Today, over 1 million immigrants enter our country legally per year, while the illegal alien population grows by about 500,000 per year. Most of those who violate our borders and enter illegally come from Mexico and other Latin American countries. Only about 6 percent of the illegals come from Canada and Europe. Close to half of all illegal immigrants now residing in the U.S. did not enter illegally but rather overstayed their visas. Just as the federal government has historically failed to secure its borders, it has concurrently failed to closely monitor visa holders.

About 12-20 million illegal aliens currently reside in the United States. California has more illegals than any other state, at about 2.4 million. Others states with high illegal alien populations include Texas, Florida and New York, although many states are now impacted.

If you've read to here, good on you!! As I said it isn't simple, in my eyes virtually every President since Dwight D. Eisenhower is culpable. Note the highlighted portions of the text which make reference to lack of enforcement of Federal Laws on the employers of illegal immigrants. This speaks to the strong lobbies these employers have in Congress.

Likewise the simplistic 'raise wages and Americans will take the jobs' 'if the industry dies, so be it' rhetoric overlooks basic economic reality - wage increases almost universally result in a greater increase in price, businesses traditionally pass these expenses on to consumers rather than reducing their (the business's) profit. This is even truer in today's short term gain world.

I see one of you guys lives in Wyoming, the other in Colorado. I live in Kansas, land of center-pivot irrigation and slaughter-houses. I don't hire farm labor, but I have several farmer friends who do. One of them is a partner in the family farm which is run by an uncle and his son, with profits and expenses divided accordingly. My friend is the bookkeeper. Despite owning several sections there isn't enough profit in farming to support the children who inherited the farm as fulltime farmers, therefore the uncle and his son run it in addition to their own operation. Additionally, they can't attract local workers to do farm labor for them at what they can pay. Instead they rely on H2 immigrant labor (New Zealand and South Africa). In Kansas, the smaller farm communities are dying on the vine as the children of the farmers leave the farm never to return.

If all farmers raised wages across the board sufficiently to attract US workers, and the economic model worked as it should, there would be a dramatic increase in food prices. That .99 generic loaf of bread would jump to 2.00; milk from 3.00 to 5.00 a gallon; and so on. The majority of consumers would have to substantially cut back on discretionary spending in order to eat. And so on.....

It is not a simple problem with a simple solution.

If farmers like my

Averageman
08-01-15, 16:26
I believe Eisenhower had it right. If they wanted to stop it, it could be done, so obviously they don't want to stop it.
We aren't doing Mexico or Mexicans any favors by leaving their government to run at such levels of corruption that in essence the drug cartels are running the country.
Everybody making that journey puts their life at risk, many of the lower level peon drug mules are working under the threat of death, the numbers of women making the journey who are raped is extremely high.
Denying Mexico any international aide, shutting the border down to international travel and treating the murderers we catch here to a hasty execution may be the only way to gain their attention. Fixing this should be a priority, otherwise as stated above it is a game being played by the globalists.

SilverBullet432
08-01-15, 17:02
This is true, a few of us here discuss the black on black violence particularly in Chicago on a regular basis and the double standard with the civil rights industry and the hypocrisy of the "black lives matter" crowd. Essentially brown lives don't matter, white lives don't matter, Indian lives don't matter, Asian, et al. We do discuss white crime as well, especially the more horrendous stories such as the white 02 thief responsible for the SC Church shooting and the Chesire, CT. home invasion where two white 02 thieves raped and murdered a white MD's two young daughters and wife.

The reason for starting this thread is that while listing to AM talk radio I had heard about these THREE crimes in one day. Noting on the MSM. All we see/hear is the white cop who shot the black guy with 60 priors and 13 kids in Ohio.

Being a fellow Texan I'm sure you are familiar with the black woman who hung HERSELF in a COSO jail and the usual suspects are attempting to spin it as she was LYNCHED by SO staff. It's been on the local news here NON-STOP. And the McKinney PD LEO who's career is over for simply restraining a black female on the ground that he instructed THREE TIMES to leave the scene of a flash mob riot. The only thing that got that out of the national headlines was the SC church shooting.

Yeah its been all over the news. We actually just had something similar happen: white 18 yo blondy swallowed a pack of meth to protect her bf. She lied to the cops about using any drugs and died of OD a few hours later.... You wont see this kn CNN though.

foxtrotx1
08-01-15, 19:32
Nationalism smells the same no matter what century it is. Blaming a group of people for the failings of a nation is a dark path to go down, but it just keeps happening.

Averageman
08-02-15, 14:40
http://www.krgv.com/news/local-news/Tent-Added-for-More-Space-for-Illegal-Crossers/34474460

MCALLEN -The city of McAllen set up another tent outside of Sacred Heart Church. More space is needed as illegal crossers continue to be released.
“We've seen almost a doubling of our numbers, I would say, in the last 3-4 weeks,” said Sacred Heart Church Volunteer Coordinator Deb Boyce.
Boyce’s background is in public relations, fundraising, development and philanthropy. The crisis on the border sparked new responsibilities for her.
Statement from ICE Spokesperson Adelina Pruneda:

"ICE routinely coordinates release plans and travel arrangements with family members of people being released from custody in the Rio Grande Valley. There were recent instances where, while ICE contacted family members, confirmation of ticketed travel was not received. ICE is now again ensuring ticketed travel confirmation is received before releasing individuals from custody."

The cost of setting up and maintaining the second tent at Sacred Heart was just tacked onto McAllen’s running tab.

The city has spent more than $330,000 on the crisis on the border. All of that money was spent over the last year.

McAllen is still waiting to be paid back by either the federal or state government. Lawmakers said the federal government will pick up the tab. There is no action yet.

This isn't about Nationalism, it's about a lie and it's about people literally dying to get here. Once they get here they are sucking up our tax dollars and will son be able to regularly vote themselves a raise.
Shut down the border, cut the aide to these countries until this stops and let them all stay home and fix their own problems.

Dienekes
08-02-15, 15:37
About the last time I saw anyone with a shred of actual integrity in this whole sordid business were the "wets" (their term for their status) illegally here to make a few bucks for their family. I arrested a helluva lot of them. By and large they were better people than the politicians on either side of the border, or the people who hired them. Alien criminals are of course, another matter entirely.

But one guy named Jose or Juan or Efrain from Zacatecas doing an honest day's work is a damn sight better person than all our effing politicians combined. They made me sick back in the day, and still do.

Edward Abbey once observed that the best thing we could do for the Mexican people was to give them a rifle and a case of ammunition to take back with them.

Trouble is, that would just fuel another futile revolution, blood everywhere, and a new set of oppressors when it was over.

I suppose we ought to be grateful we don't have Somalia for a northern neighbor.

black22rifle
08-02-15, 16:44
The only way Mexico and other South of the Border countries will ever improve is if the people there take their governments back. That's never going to happen unless we close the border, control immigration and begin deporting the criminal element we find here.
We act as a pressure relief valve for the corrupt governments south of us, so until that changes they will be stuck in the same rut they have found themselves in forever.
For the most part the criminal element in the immigrant population will prey upon those within their own ethnicity first and foremost. The fact is they hurt more of their own and most of those crimes go unreported.

That will be harder than it is to take back ours. We have it pretty good here considering our local LEO isn't in bed with cartels.

If you can, watch Cartel Land. It shows how messed things really are over there.