PDA

View Full Version : Russian Bear on the move

Business_Casual
07-23-08, 08:24
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601086&sid=aCEyhnlMZgls&refer=latin_america

Not the "friend" that the Bush Administration claims they are?

M_P

Safetyhit
07-23-08, 09:10
Why does a seemingly civilized, essentially western cultured nation need to persist with this constant saber-rattling with the U.S.? They know we will never hit them, just as they did after WWII, but look at what happened then. Instead of celebrating our mutual foe's demise, they went right to plotting against us. And today with radical islam on the rise, as well as the likelihood China is eying up their resources, why target us over and over?

What the frig is the problem? :mad:

Mjolnir
07-23-08, 09:26
Why does a seemingly civilized, essentially western cultured nation need to persist with this constant saber-rattling with the U.S.? They know we will never hit them, just as they did after WWII, but look at what happened then. Instead of celebrating our mutual foe's demise, they went right to plotting against us. And today with radical islam on the rise, as well as the likelihood China is eying up their resources, why target us over and over?

What the frig is the problem? :mad:

Check out Zbigniew Brzezinski, founder of the Trilateral Commission, Nat'l Security Advisor during the Carter Administration, etc, etc.

Go obtain his book titled The Grand Chessboard and find his articles that were printed in Foreign Affairs (1/4ly magazine of the Council on Foreign Relations). You'll quickly see that the aim is to deconstruct both Russia and China in our quest to dominate and control Eurasia. You can also google his name and find excerpts and some quotes from him.

The neocons are following (horribly, I may add) Brzezinski's plan for global dominance by controlling oil pipeline routes but they have made a serious error that Brzezinski warned about back in 1997: do not allow the alliance of Russia, China and Iran. So now Brzezinski has become a more visibile entity (along with his son, I believe, Mark). They are supporting Obama.

In summary, we're not the good guys in this that most every American is wont to believe.

While you're at it Sun Tze's Art of War (the Shambala Pocket Classic is good enough as it's been condensed; no need to learn how to shoot arrows...)

Business_Casual
07-23-08, 09:58
Sorry dude, but Carter Administration officials are not the ones I look to for answers.

Not to mention the tiny flaw in that argument is that without Carter the Shah wouldn't have been deposed...

M_P

Mjolnir
07-23-08, 15:43
Sorry dude, but Carter Administration officials are not the ones I look to for answers.

Not to mention the tiny flaw in that argument is that without Carter the Shah wouldn't have been deposed...

M_P
Well, you've got your answer(s) in the monstrous individuals writings. Compare the Bush Admin's foreign policy to what Brzezinski's writings and it all makes sense. Whether you approve of the Carter Admin is immaterial.

Your choice, bro: inform yourself or not.

Safetyhit
07-23-08, 16:13
Go obtain his book titled The Grand Chessboard and find his articles that were printed in Foreign Affairs (1/4ly magazine of the Council on Foreign Relations). You'll quickly see that the aim is to deconstruct both Russia and China in our quest to dominate and control Eurasia.

What I firmly believe is that today, and perhaps even then, we would not be at odds with the Russians nor the Chinese if they were more moderate and less paranoid.

As far as the concept that the U.S. is on a "quest to dominate and control Eurasia", please show me some evidence of this either now or in the recent past.

Mjolnir
07-23-08, 22:19
What I firmly believe is that today, and perhaps even then, we would not be at odds with the Russians nor the Chinese if they were more moderate and less paranoid.

As far as the concept that the U.S. is on a "quest to dominate and control Eurasia", please show me some evidence of this either now or in the recent past.

Again...

Go obtain his book titled The Grand Chessboard and find his articles that were printed in Foreign Affairs (1/4ly magazine of the Council on Foreign Relations). You'll quickly see that the aim is to deconstruct both Russia and China in our quest to dominate and control Eurasia.

Jerm
07-24-08, 00:40
doing a marvelous job "deconstructing" China.

ToddG
07-24-08, 00:50
You'll quickly see that the aim is to deconstruct both Russia and China in our quest to dominate and control Eurasia.

http://blatherreview.mu.nu/archives/TinFoilHatArea.jpg

Business_Casual
07-24-08, 09:36
doing a marvelous job "deconstructing" China.

Exactly - is there even one factory there that wasn't paid for by US dollars?

M_P

Mjolnir
07-24-08, 19:15
Well, if you do not make the efort to become intimately familiar with the policy makers and their "white papers" that beome policy then how would you know WHAT to change? WHO is your ally and WHO, exactly, is your enemy? So, who exactly is wearing the "tin foil hat" thinking "the world hates us because we are good", "the Russians are evil and are out to get us"????

Just a thought.

AJNAC4FL
07-24-08, 19:48
U.S.A., Great Britain, Australia, Canada, Israel, Japan, Taiwan, NRA = Allies.

O.H. bin Laden, Taliban , U.N. , H.R.C., A.G., J.K., J.C. (not Jesus, just nuts) , N.P., D.F, T.K., 4/9ths of SCOTUS, San Fran., Russia, China, Iran, N. Korea, Vietnam, Syria, Mexico, Venezuela = you know WHO. Not necessarily in that order. Please forgive me for leaving anyone out. Stalin, Hitler, Sadaam, etc.

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-24-08, 22:24
You'll quickly see that the aim is to deconstruct both Russia and China in our quest to dominate and control Eurasia.

Not to be the ugly american, but what's wrong with that? I think control may be a strong word, Americanize or westernize maybe.

They tried to Sovietize Latin America and China is working the Cuban oil fields off of Cuba, welcome to geopolitics.

Sun Tzu was a pussy.

I wish we had Reagan still. We try to put a defensive missle system in Poland, and the NeoCzarists put offensive weapons in Cuba. What a potentialy powerful image. Maybe Barak can talk them out of it.

Mjolnir
07-24-08, 22:31
Not to be the ugly american, but what's wrong with that? I think control may be a strong word, Americanize or westernize maybe.
What's wrong with that? It will lead to WW III that's what's wrong with it.

If you erroneously believe in "westernizing" then you may wish to SIMPLY GO READ THE BOOK.

Business_Casual
07-24-08, 22:52
Sun Tzu was a pussy.

LOL. His "advice" boils down to always be in the best place with the best position vis-a-vis your enemy. Gee, really? Thanks for the news flash, Sun...

M_P

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-24-08, 23:10
LOL. His "advice" boils down to always be in the best place with the best position vis-a-vis your enemy. Gee, really? Thanks for the news flash, Sun...

M_P

Yea, and have perfect knowledge. Kind of like the business book "Hardball". If only you can know your competitors cost system better than he does, you can make him lose money.

The one thing, at least for business, that I took away from Prof. Tsu was to leave your enemy an out, a way to save face, albeit in your favor. Put someone in a corner and you're in an attrition battle, which only idiots get into in business.

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-24-08, 23:14
What's wrong with that? It will lead to WW III that's what's wrong with it.

If you erroneously believe in "westernizing" then you may wish to SIMPLY GO READ THE BOOK.

After I get done with VDH's "Carnage and Culture".

Just because some boneheads have tried Westernizing people, doesn't mean that it can't be done or is a bad idea.

Riddle me this, does China worry about starting WWIII by drilling off Florida?

ToddG
07-25-08, 01:04
Nations have interests, not allies. (see Lord Palmerston, c. 1848)

fred
07-26-08, 19:33
"I wish we had Reagan still."

Hezbollah killed hundreds of Marines and Reagan packed up and left, invading a small island somewhere else.

Not my favorite President.

Abraxas
07-26-08, 20:21
The neocons

I have found that people who use this and other terms like this, don't have the capacity to understand all that they read and hear, then try to make up for it with zealotry.

: do not allow the alliance of Russia, China and Iran.

Duh, that is a no brainier.

Abraxas
07-26-08, 20:29
Nations have interests, not allies. (see Lord Palmerston, c. 1848)

So many tend to miss this when they read history.

JediMindTricks
07-27-08, 17:03
Well, if you do not make the efort to become intimately familiar with the policy makers and their "white papers" that beome policy then how would you know WHAT to change? WHO is your ally and WHO, exactly, is your enemy? So, who exactly is wearing the "tin foil hat" thinking "the world hates us because we are good", "the Russians are evil and are out to get us"????

Just a thought.

Good post. I feel the same. We are very patriotic, and proud people, and unfortunately this can be easily turned/used against us as history has shown again, an again.

JediMindTricks
07-27-08, 17:10
So many tend to miss this when they read history.

This is so true.