PDA

View Full Version : LA Bans Possession of Standard Capacity Magazines

Biggy
08-02-15, 11:37
http://click.email.cheaperthandirt.com/?qs=9180e32deda514346b7852c588ddadfe8252ebb2c2773cac0c82dee004a239c3

I imagine the next step for them will be 5 round mags, then at some point, no mags. We will never be able to limbo low enough to please the anti gun crowd.
If you are committed in keeping them, it is a great time to buy AR's, high cap pistols and mags, extra parts, ammo, etc.

SilverBullet432
08-02-15, 16:45
Im proud to be Texan.

Hmac
08-02-15, 17:11
Im proud to be Texan.

Texas is indeed coming along in their gun rights. I read that they just recently passed a law allowing open carry.

Dienekes
08-02-15, 18:56
I wonder if we declared war on Mexico and won (with our diverse fighting force!)--if we could force them to take back Alta California. Or, barring that, just fence the place off with razor wire and expel them from the Union, to wander in the outer darkness.

Just thinking slightly out of the box here.

BoringGuy45
08-02-15, 20:51
They can't force you to give up property without compensation. I'm predicting most LAPD officers are not going to enforce this, and that, like everywhere else, no one will comply.

ggammell
08-02-15, 21:08
They can't force you to give up property without compensation. I'm predicting most LAPD officers are not going to enforce this, and that, like everywhere else, no one will comply.

Oh I bet you most will. You might have a few gun guys that don't but you'll have far more that were raised under the "all guns are bad" mentality who will hook someone up in a split second.

jpmuscle
08-02-15, 21:37

Under most circumstances I'm willing to give LEOs the benefit of the doubt as being good people. LE in California is one of those exceptions. Especially LAPD. Nope.

Mr blasty
08-02-15, 22:00
Under most circumstances I'm willing to give LEOs the benefit of the doubt as being good people. LE in California is one of those exceptions. Especially LAPD. Nope.

The more LEO's I meet, the more I miss the one's I came across in the past. Many aren't so great anymore and are giving LEO's in general a bad name. I've met several shit heads with a badge and they can be pretty horrible people. It would seem that more and more departments don't care to hire people with discretion and critical thinking abilities. I feel for the good guys and the uphill battles they have before them with the public.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

jpmuscle
08-02-15, 22:06
The more LEO's I meet, the more I miss the one's I came across in the past. Many aren't so great anymore and are giving LEO's in general a bad name. I've met several shit heads with a badge and they can be pretty horrible people. It would seem that more and more departments don't care to hire people with discretion and critical thinking abilities. I feel for the good guys and the uphill battles they have before them with the public.

True story.

As for LA maybe their just pissed NY beat them to the punch with SAFE Act.

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-02-15, 22:45
I don't think that I could de-10+ round my house. I have empty mags in this drawer and some boxes. Old mags for guns I don't own any more. I find BCGs that I forget I had.

How far did the mag limits get? That didn't make it to SCOTUS did it? Not that I think we'd fare well.

SteyrAUG
08-03-15, 01:03

I predict LA gun owners won't be able to sell each other out fast enough. I remember the All Volunteer 922r police.

sevenhelmet
08-03-15, 06:27
I predict zero reduction in the LA county murder rate.

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-03-15, 07:39

And they'll blame that on that magazines from other jurisdictions, so we need to expand the control of violence by outlawing little metal and plastic boxes.

Literally Crazy.

Mauser KAR98K
08-03-15, 08:13
I thought anything over 10 rounds was banned anyways in CA?

skijunkie55
08-03-15, 08:49
I thought anything over 10 rounds was banned anyways in CA?

They had a "grand father" clause, but not anymore. (in LA at least)

Mr blasty
08-03-15, 09:28

And they'll blame that on that magazines from other jurisdictions, so we need to expand the control of violence by outlawing little metal and plastic boxes.

Literally Crazy.

Truer words have never been spoken.

markm
08-03-15, 09:32

I remember morons lovingly complying with the 94 AWB. And California police (before the national LE carry provisions) arrested AZ L.E. personnel when they carried over into Kali. This was according to a PHX PD firearms instructor I know.

rero360
08-03-15, 10:44
I was living in NY at the time, but I'm told that CADOJ figures roughly 10% of so called "assault weapons" were ever registered. Most people who didn't either said F you and did nothing (or just simply didn't know about the ban or figured since they bought the gun legally, it was already registered), moved them out of state, or put a bullet button on them.

Thankfully my city is not considered part of LA, but even if it was, I wouldn't abide by this nonsense.

Bulletdog
08-03-15, 12:32
I wonder if we declared war on Mexico and won (with our diverse fighting force!)--if we could force them to take back Alta California. Or, barring that, just fence the place off with razor wire and expel them from the Union, to wander in the outer darkness.

Just thinking slightly out of the box here.

There are more pro-gun voters and citizens in CA than in any other state in the entire country with the exception of TX who just barely beats us.

But thanks for throwing out the baby with the bath water...

wildcard600
08-03-15, 12:52
There are more pro-gun voters and citizens in CA than in any other state in the entire country with the exception of TX who just barely beats us.

But thanks for throwing out the baby with the bath water...

Well you also have the most anti-gun voters per state as well otherwise kali wouldnt be the mess that it is.

SteyrAUG
08-03-15, 13:06

Literally Crazy.

That is what Chicago does with regard to handguns. They blame ever other county for "flooding their streets" with handguns. Interesting how all those other counties aren't awash in the same gang violence given they are the source of all those handguns.

SkiDevil
08-03-15, 17:24
Well you also have the most anti-gun voters per state as well otherwise kali wouldnt be the mess that it is.

Yes, um that is incorrect Sir. California politics are soo screwed up because of gerrymandering.

Look it up if the term is unfamiliar.

There are many gun owners in California. And as regards to enforcement, other than the LAPD gun squad, most of the line Officers likely could care less, if their views on this subject run the same as the LAPD guys I know.

This is simply politics and semantics. Ask any street cop if criminals follow gun laws.

Politicians trying to look as though they are doing something.

SteyrAUG
08-03-15, 17:42
Yes, um that is incorrect Sir. California politics are soo screwed up because of gerrymandering.

Look it up if the term is unfamiliar.

There are many gun owners in California. And as regards to enforcement, other than the LAPD gun squad, most of the line Officers likely could care less, if their views on this subject run the same as the LAPD guys I know.

This is simply politics and semantics. Ask any street cop if criminals follow gun laws.

Politicians trying to look as though they are doing something.

Sure that has something to do with it. But you still need a large pool of anti gun idiots for gerrymandering to work. I'm sure there is also a great deal of corruption and that sort of thing as well.

I think everyone knows there are plenty of gun owners behind the lines doing their best. But if they represented even 48% of the population of your state, you wouldn't have half of your problems.

SkiDevil
08-03-15, 17:57
Voter apathy, campaign contributions, corruption, gerrymandering, and simple ignorance.

These are major influences as to the state of affairs of politics in California. Things may change, slightly over time, but these are constants.

I studied politics and public policy in college (B.A. Political Science) and have worked in government and actually met some of our leaders here, so I have some insight.

I think people outside of California easily forget this nonsense will not confine itself to any particular geographic boundary.

cinco
08-03-15, 17:59

Ha. Think the "War of Northern Aggression's" completely false assertion that the purpose of the invasion was to free the slaves? For 80+ years the US Flag flew over slavery, encouraged slavery and then abruptly said " F you your investment we encouraged is outlawed - with no compensation (in the voice of the Soup Nazi).

This will "framed as a supposed moral issue same as it was before". The "slavery angle" (as is the gun ban angle) was nothing more than an excuse for a power grab. Same old game, same old play book.

Happened before, damned sure will be attempted again.

SeriousStudent
08-03-15, 19:21
I have a terrific idea. Talk about the LA magazine issue, or start your own thread.

Which if it goes the way of most Civil War threads, it will be closed and people banned.

sevenhelmet
08-03-15, 19:45

Liberally Crazy.

FIFY. :D

Mauser KAR98K
08-03-15, 22:29
Voter apathy, campaign contributions, corruption, gerrymandering, and simple ignorance.

These are major influences as to the state of affairs of politics in California. Things may change, slightly over time, but these are constants.

I studied politics and public policy in college (B.A. Political Science) and have worked in government and actually met some of our leaders here, so I have some insight.

I think people outside of California easily forget this nonsense will not confine itself to any particular geographic boundary.

Oh yes, like these worthless gas cans that font have a vent hole in the back. Thanks, Cali!

Hope a group challenges this crap...oh, wait, our courts are screwed, too.