PDA

View Full Version : New gun control proposed by a clown and a comedian

Sam
08-03-15, 11:08
http://news.yahoo.com/sen-schumer-comedian-amy-schumer-call-more-gun-142234127.html

If there was any doubt before about her, this erased it. I am not spending a dime to see a movie she was in. Didn't know who she was until a few weeks ago when this "Trainwreck" movie came out. We debated whether to go see it or not last week, now the answer is HELL NO. As for the clown, I knew where he stood and my opinion of him hasn't changed.

KalashniKEV
08-03-15, 11:28
Actually, the most ridiculous part of this is that it was in response to an "open letter" by the daughter of a Newtown survivor that misspelled the victims name while assuming she felt "guilt."

I know the guilt, the sadness, the hole in your heart you’re feeling. I know the crushing anxiety you have for Jillian Johnson and Marci (sic) Breaux and their families.

"Her name was Mayci, not Marci and I think about her and Jillian everyday. Don't worry I'm on it. You'll see."

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-03-15, 12:23
The senator's legislation would create monetary rewards for states that submit all necessary records into the background check system and penalize states that do not. He also will call on Congress to preserve mental health funding and substance abuse programs.

While I inherently don't trust Schummer, what is so bad about this? I know it leads to more calls for background checks for gun sales, but I'd rather them do these kinds of things than go after mags, online ammo sales and thingies that go up.

Can't be good for business that Schummer's movie made someone kill two other people and then himself rather than finish the movie. Maybe if it had a better movie the guy wouldn't have opened fire?

Blaming her movie makes as much sense as blaming guns.

SomeOtherGuy
08-03-15, 12:31
While I inherently don't trust Schummer, what is so bad about this? I know it leads to more calls for background checks for gun sales, but I'd rather them do these kinds of things than go after mags, online ammo sales and thingies that go up.

The short summary of proposal in the Yahoo story sounds OK. But the first part of your statement is the problem. Schumer has shown that he is a psychotic enemy of the Second Amendment, and many other freedoms that people like us tend to value. I would not take this at face value.

As for his cousin Amy, comedians and entertainers have no more expertise on political, legal or social issues than any other random person, and should be totally ignored when they pick up a political torch for a single hot-button issue. I might as well hold a press conference and pronounce exactly how China should deal with their water pollution issues. Nope, wait, I actually would know far more about that (and I don't know much) than these people would know about gun issues. Maybe I could try to mediate the dispute between Shiites and Sunnis. There's something I don't know much about.

wildcard600
08-03-15, 12:55
Never even heard of this women. Anyone that allies with Sen. Schumer is an idiot by proxy however.

markm
08-03-15, 13:06
Never even heard of this women.

She's some repulsive pig who is famous for gratuitous vulgarity. I wouldn't see any of her trash regardless of her stupid views on any subject.

Sam
08-03-15, 15:06
Never even heard of this women. Anyone that allies with Sen. Schumer is an idiot by proxy however.

Me neither, only heard of her a few weeks ago when they started talking about the movie. Today somebody said she and Chucky are cousins.

Alex V
08-03-15, 15:47
I've known of her for a long time. Sorry guys but I find her hysterical, as does my wife.

If we stop going to the theaters or watching TV shows made by or including anti-gun celebs we would never see a single movie or TV show.

Most of Hollywood is anti-gun, guys. Going to be a pretty entertainment-less life if you freak out over every celeb that opens their dumb mouths about or about that political topic.

Flankenstein
08-03-15, 16:19
I've known of her for a long time. Sorry guys but I find her hysterical, as does my wife.

If we stop going to the theaters or watching TV shows made by or including anti-gun celebs we would never see a single movie or TV show.

Most of Hollywood is anti-gun, guys. Going to be a pretty entertainment-less life if you freak out over every celeb that opens their dumb mouths about or about that political topic.

Seems like you belong in NJ. Sad. I'm not gonna trade my principles for entertainment. No thank you.

Flankenstein
08-03-15, 16:34
Just researched this woman for grins. She's one of those female comedian's who makes jokes about how many penises she's swallowed in short periods of time. What a pathetic joke.

Averageman
08-03-15, 16:54
I'm sure she isn't going to skip cashing her checks, or donate the whole role to the victims.
It was a complete random event spawned by a sick mind, it happened in a "Gun Free Zone" and I'm sure She and the Senator will squeeze all the monetary and political profit they can from it.

7.62NATO
08-03-15, 17:01

Can't be good for business that Schummer's movie made someone kill two other people and then himself rather than finish the movie. Maybe if it had a better movie the guy wouldn't have opened fire?

Blaming her movie makes as much sense as blaming guns.

It's the means to back-door gun registration, which is the first step to remove the teeth of the 2nd Amendment. Anyone who tries to convince you otherwise is ignorant, at best.

Averageman
08-03-15, 17:04
It's the means to back-door gun registration, which is the first step to remove the teeth of the 2nd Amendment. Anyone who tries to convince you otherwise is ignorant, at best. She doesn't seem to take issue with shooting someone for a joke. NSFW
http://morningafter.gawker.com/amy-schumer-delivers-a-warning-from-the-future-blow-th-1714919874
In her latest sketch, Amy Schumer comes back from the future to give her present self some good news and some bad news. Bad news first: She has to give the wack guy she’s dating a blowjob in the bar bathroom, or else she’ll butterfly effect humanity right into extinction.

wildcard600
08-03-15, 17:17

Good thing i dont really watch TV or go to the movies. If actually have time to sit down and watch something its something on youtube like forgotten weapons. Sometimes i will watch a documentary or two.

Seems like you belong in NJ. Sad. I'm not gonna trade my principles for entertainment. No thank you.

Sadly there are many who simply look the other way for sake of convinence.

Eurodriver
08-03-15, 17:39
I saw Trainwreck. It was hilarious, but a bit unrealistic which really killed it for me.

Girls that are that DTF all the time are not as put together and smart like she is in the movie. They are usually drug addicts, crazy, have multiple kids, and work at Hooters. Ask me how I know.

Bubba FAL
08-03-15, 17:49
I read where she made the claim that it is easier to buy a gun than it is to buy contraception. WTF?! Last I checked, guns aren't sold out of vending machines in bar restrooms, neither are they handed out for free by various groups.

This chick is a whore, and a stupid one at that. She deserves to be ignored, just like her idiot cousin in the Senate...

Straight Shooter
08-03-15, 20:41

DAMN RIGHT. DONT watch hardly any tv....and there isn't ONE F-ING THING Hollyweird makes that I absolutely have to have. NOTHING.
They are FIRST on my list of SHIT I DONT NEED.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
08-03-15, 20:56

Truth. Many people in society disagree with us. It would be a sad place if we all just clammed up and stopped talking to those who differ from us.

scooter22
08-03-15, 21:16
I saw Trainwreck. It was hilarious, but a bit unrealistic which really killed it for me.

Girls that are that DTF all the time are not as put together and smart like she is in the movie. They are usually drug addicts, crazy, have multiple kids, and work at Hooters. Ask me how I know.

Have you used Tinder?

Straight Shooter
08-04-15, 07:46
Truth. Many people in society disagree with us. It would be a sad place if we all just clammed up and stopped talking to those who differ from us.

Why? I do it all the time.

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-04-15, 15:43

Dad??