PDA

View Full Version : Educate your Kids about the dangers around them.

Averageman
08-03-15, 20:49
http://www.ijreview.com/2015/08/382805-trip-beach-becomes-nightmare-group-catcalling-men-surround-car/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Owned&utm_term=conservativedaily&utm_campaign=Crime
According to KTBS-TV, Jessica Byrnes-Laird was waiting for her boyfriend at the A&Y Quick Stop in Shreveport last Sunday night when several unknown assailants approached her car and started making lewd comments about her.

The 18-year-old was still wearing her bikini after spending the day swimming, and as her boyfriend exited the store and overheard the comments, he fought off the men until he could get in the car to drive away:

It was at that point when, according to an eyewitness, one of them took a brass pipe and threw it into the open passenger window, hitting Jessica in the face.

I keep thinking why would you pull in there, after dark and leave her in the car by herself?
All for a pack of smokes.

glocktogo
08-03-15, 20:52
http://www.ijreview.com/2015/08/382805-trip-beach-becomes-nightmare-group-catcalling-men-surround-car/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Owned&utm_term=conservativedaily&utm_campaign=Crime
According to KTBS-TV, Jessica Byrnes-Laird was waiting for her boyfriend at the A&Y Quick Stop in Shreveport last Sunday night when several unknown assailants approached her car and started making lewd comments about her.

The 18-year-old was still wearing her bikini after spending the day swimming, and as her boyfriend exited the store and overheard the comments, he fought off the men until he could get in the car to drive away:

It was at that point when, according to an eyewitness, one of them took a brass pipe and threw it into the open passenger window, hitting Jessica in the face.

I keep thinking why would you pull in there, after dark and leave her in the car by herself?
All for a pack of smokes.

Complete lack of situational awareness. It's all around us, and many of them vote... :(

7.62NATO
08-03-15, 20:55
More black on white crime to add to the statistics. Too bad the BF wasn't packing and able to administer some 124 gr. HP +P medicine.

7.62NATO
08-03-15, 20:56
Required reading for all parents:

http://www.amazon.com/Protecting-Gift-Keeping-Children-Teenagers/dp/0440509009/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1438653396&sr=8-1&keywords=Protecting+the+gift

Averageman
08-03-15, 20:58
More black on white crime to add to the statistics. Too bad the BF wasn't packing and able to administer some 124 gr. HP +P medicine.

If his head was on straight he would have never stopped, a quick 360 visual and he should have known "This isn't the place to be with my Girl Friend."

7.62NATO
08-03-15, 21:04
If his head was on straight he would have never stopped, a quick 360 visual and he should have known "This isn't the place to be with my Girl Friend."

Agreed, but it is hard to tell how many dudes were roaming around initially.

Straight Shooter
08-03-15, 21:06

Wisdom.

SteyrAUG
08-03-15, 21:22
Smokes trump g/f safety.

If he was at a convenience store where feral humans feel confident enough to accost and assault people at random, it shouldn't have been too difficult to figure out they were at a "risky" location.

When I was young, there were many times where I was slow to catch on, but usually I knew when I was someplace where "shit could happen right now."

Also I don't think the bikini had jack shit to do with it, she could have been wearing sweats and as a lone female they still would have done the same thing. I don't live in NOLA but even I know that Shreveport will be a crapshoot at best as far as safe place at night.

No different than Ft. Lauderdale, there are places you'll be fine, there are placing you don't want to be and there are places that can go either way. The most crazy part is they are often within walking distance of each other.

Shame about the girl, she didn't deserve it. To me this is attempted murder and probably a hate crime.