PDA

View Full Version : My Charlton Heston Revelation

Bulldog1967
10-01-06, 14:16
Interesting letter to olumnist Mark Steyn from a returning Brazilian on their gun control woes:

I hope you don't mind my writing to you about my experiences in Brazil but it is because of these experiences that I have become so right-wing.

Had I stayed in England for the past 23 years I would probably have remained a politically correct, Labour Party supporter but anti-Bush and anti-Blair and anti-war in Iraq which has been the fate of most of my friends and family.

Four years ago the " left - wing " populist party led by Lula came to power in Brazil . About a year ago the Government decided to hold a referendum about disarmament. The current legislation is very restrictive and it is already very difficult for a normal law-abiding citizen to buy guns. If this referendum had passed it would have been impossible to buy ammunition and the mere possession of a gun would have resulted in prison. I am English and I've never had a gun or wanted to own a gun and I hope I never need to, but I started to think ...

In the past 4 years Lula's goverment has tried to bring in legislation to censor the press, censor artistic production, has managed to demoralise every single Brazilian institution, including the federal police, the judiciary and the Brazilian Central Bank by placing his own party loyalists in key positions. There have been scandals too numerous to mention involving the buying of votes, corruption, misuse of public funds etc. The silence of newspapers and television has been bought with money from government advertising. A large part of the Catholic Church has been corrupted by liberation thelogy (Communism in a habit) and moral relativism and has refused to condemm what has been going on. The silence of local and international banks has been bought with the highest interest rates ever, the acquiescence of the poor has been bought with handouts.. The army has guns, the police have guns and the bandits have rocket launchers and this government wants to disarm tax- paying law -abiding citizens?!!

I suddenly understood what Charlton Heston and the National Rifle Association were all about! It was a revelation! All the "politically correct" television channels , newspapers, artists, singers were behind disarmament . The only independent voces were those of the bloggers . Thank God disarmament was rejected by the Brazilian electorate who realised that they would be at the mercy of bandits and politically motivated gangs such as the PCC.

I read that the referendum was financed by George Soros who in the event of success here in Brazil would have tried to hold a similar one in the USA.

I am no longer dismissive of right wing conspiracy theories as I am living in the middle of one. For anyone that is interested, google "Foro de São Paulo" to read about the plans of Castro, Lula , Chavez , Morales etc for South America. I am sure that if Lula is re-elected, God forbid , the first thing he will try and do is censor the internet.

Janet Marie Rocha
Brazil

Link (http://www.steynonline.com/index2.cfm?edit_id=30)

Submariner
10-01-06, 16:37
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws and the government will have guns.

graffex
10-01-06, 16:56
double post... delete

graffex
10-01-06, 16:57
When guns are outlawed I'll be an outlaw. Anyone trying to come and take my guns will be met with a hail of gunfire. I'll take a handfull of them out before they get me.

Business_Casual
10-01-06, 23:19
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws and the government will have guns.

What's the difference?

"In 1992, while working at sniper position Sierra 4 for the FBI Hostage Rescue Team at Ruby Ridge, Horiuchi killed Vicki Weaver, and wounded her husband Randy Weaver and Kevin Harris. Vicki Weaver was unarmed, clutching her infant daughter, when Horiuchi shot her in the face."

"Three of the twelve expended .308 Winchester shell casings that the Texas Rangers reported finding in the house, were at Horiuchi's position, but officials maintain that they could have been left over from the BATF's use of the house earlier, and that it would be impossible to run ballistics tests to see which rifle fired the shots." (Waco)

M_P